Positive spin on Amba not getting drafted | Syracusefan.com

Positive spin on Amba not getting drafted

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Amba came in and destroyed our record book, and isn't good enough to merit a draft pick.

I feel like that validates in an odd way how great this offense is in college football. It takes guys that aren't anything special and makes them look like they are.

That's all I got.

its much better for him to go undrafted then to go in the late rounds. but you are right it could be a great sign if we can do that with a guy who doesnt get drafted.

if someone takes off next year it really validates the system

Hikutini was getting propped up around the 4th-5th round by the ESPN guys. Surprised he went undrafted.

Amba came in and destroyed our record book, and isn't good enough to merit a draft pick.

I feel like that validates in an odd way how great this offense is in college football. It takes guys that aren't anything special and makes them look like they are.

That's all I got.
apparently our offense also makes the punters put up great numbers. riley dixon is our only draft pick past few years.

I cant see how 35+ other WR went ahead of him. The numbers he put up against amazing competition are staggering. Jags got a steal.

He was a great WR for us, he probably won't do much at all in the NFL. That's why he wasn't drafted.

I came here to post the same thing as OP. Despite not getting drafted AET is getting his shot ... and he played just one year in this offense for a team that didn't make a bowl and got blown out badly a few times. So he did alright given the circumstances. One more year in this offense and with this staff and I think it would be a much different story for him.

He gets to play for Doug and Hackett. That's better than being a first rounder! ;)

I cant see how 35+ other WR went ahead of him. The numbers he put up against amazing competition are staggering. Jags got a steal.

If you look at this from an NFL GM's perspective, you have a one year wonder WR playing in a system that inflates numbers who also had a poor showing at the Senior bowl and the combine in terms of dropped balls. I am aware of the finger injury. Apparently, that did not outweigh the lack of production at Maryland, the tape (he did have an issue with drops, despite the overwhelming productivity), and his post season performances.

I don't find it surprising at all that ET was not drafted.

Two other larger points to consider as we move forward:
1. Babers' offense can produce very impressive numbers with average talent (this is great news given the state of the program).
2. Get used to the performance of SU players being considered "inflated" when it comes to scouting and the NFL draft. Dungey will likely obliterate the SU record books and it won't matter much at all relative to his performance at the combine.

If you look at this from an NFL GM's perspective, you have a one year wonder WR playing in a system that inflates numbers who also had a poor showing at the Senior bowl and the combine in terms of dropped balls. I am aware of the finger injury. Apparently, that did not outweigh the lack of production at Maryland, the tape (he did have an issue with drops, despite the overwhelming productivity), and his post season performances.

I don't find it surprising at all that ET was not drafted.

Two other larger points to consider as we move forward:
1. Babers' offense can produce very impressive numbers with average talent (this is great news given the state of the program).
2. Get used to the performance of SU players being considered "inflated" when it comes to scouting and the NFL draft. Dungey will likely obliterate the SU record books and it won't matter much at all relative to his performance at the combine.

Very true and unfortunately, if ED does stay healthy and is considered a prospect in a few years, will he be considered a system guy as AET must have been? BC , honestly if AET with his Stats, and speed playing that ACC schedule, doesn't get a look? Thats scary. I am not an NFL scout but i am sorry, film should matter for more! Its rediculous, there were players that ran 4.6s from smaller schools that got drafted. Sorry, hey scouts, nothing beats game film, the underwear Olympics dont mean much, i dont care how many drops he had. Practice doesn't translate to game action. It just doesn't. Btw, the entire Bills staff was fired today, including the scouting department, bye.

I see why he wasn't drafted. Don't get me wrong he is an amazing player but if you don't put numbers your whole career and then hop into a system like Babers (notorious offensive system) therein it lies.

I see why he wasn't drafted. Don't get me wrong he is an amazing player but if you don't put numbers your whole career and then hop into a system like Babers (notorious offensive system) therein it lies.

Strongly disagree, he played a great schedule, won tons if 50/50 balls and competed. Some guys just mature later, that was him. He has adequate size, speed, length, and yes, the hands. Its ridiculous when people play on his hands. Scouts should be able to evaluate talent, minus the underwear Olympics.

Strongly disagree, he played a great schedule, won tons if 50/50 balls and competed. Some guys just mature later, that was him. He has adequate size, speed, length, and yes, the hands. Its ridiculous when people play on his hands. Scouts should be able to evaluate talent, minus the underwear Olympics.
I agree. But these scouts are super conservative. That's their logic for not picking him

Based off of everything he has 6-7th round talent/projection. This was an odd draft in many ways. He found a spot as a free agent which might end up being better then drafted in the 6th-7th round imo.

i'd say amba was worth at least 3 wins this season. not sure if that translates next level. but i think he'll stick. i'm more concerned about replacing his extraordinary numbers next year. that's a lot of yards to make up.

Ahhhh, a fortune-teller with a negative prediction. I think we have had enough of those on the BB board. I say Amba will be a very good WR in the NFL. He is the steal of this draft.

Umm, as opposed to everyone else acting as a fortune teller. LOL.

He was a great player at SU and I loved watching him. Is there something wrong with predicting he might not be an NFL player? Guess there's no room for criticism on this board, except it has a history of overvaluing almost every, single, player trying to get drafted.

I'm never on the BB board, I don't even read anything posted over there except 1-2 a year. But how many SU players are currently playing in the NBA?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom