Positives? | Syracusefan.com

Positives?

Nicknack

All Conference
Yeah, I actually think there are many positives after this game even though I am still cussing under my breath (not really, out loud) after losing that game however, there are some good things that I'm hanging on to regardless of what others may say.

1. We played a horrible game offensively and YET still had a very good chance to win the game which I thought was going to happen even in the last few moments of the game.

2. Christmas did an excellent job in his role without picking up his fifth for an extended period of time left in the game. That showed me a lot about his ability to still play aggressively but in control.

3. Fair had an absolute nightmare game but despite that, as a team, we hung together. No way does he play like that again wearing Orange. I confidently believe he got that out of his system at the right time. Moving forward is where it all counts.

4. We didn't play poor offense. We had plenty of good looks but unfortunately the ball just didn't go in enough (or very much). Even with our suspect offense lately, I really like our chances moving forward because I just don't see this kind of horrendous shooting happening again. I know some will say that this is how we have been playing lately, but I see it a bit different. We seemed to have more good shots tonight and if we continue to have those opportunities (which I believe we will), we will take advantage.

5. Grant is healthy as is Keita. Grant needs to be more of an impact scoring in the paint, even though he scored a lot at the charity stripe. I believe we will see that. He will be even hungrier as will the rest of the team.

6. As most here would likely agree in that it is quite disappointing not to win the ACC regular season outright and to lose in the quarters after starting the way we did. However, I tend to agree with Boeheim "I think we've played well all year. I think we struggle shooting it. And I think that's been pretty well-documented. But in spite of that, we won 27 games. So I'm pretty pleased with what these guys have done and I believe we'll be a very good Tournament team." We will have an opportunity in the contest, maybe even the second (depending on the match up) to get our mojo back and win a handful of games.

7. Just look at our own history as well as the history of other teams that have gone deep in the tourney... all you need is a good run despite what you did in your conference tourney. I really believe that our first win next week can erase everything that has happened lately and can put us in a position to be dangerous.

8. Not that I have access to any of the players, but I highly doubt that ANY of them have any doubt that they can return to the final four. I'm sure they fully believe and will play like that next week.

I very well know that I'm seeing this as an optimist and perhaps refusing to look at some of the glaring issues; however, what I do know (and we all know) is that we have a team that is capable of kicking some serious a$$. It just takes one game in the tourney to erase all of the recent issues. I'm still wearing my orange glasses and seeing things as the glass is quite full despite what has happened. All it takes is just one win to set things in a positive direction and then who knows. I'm still very excited about our prospect of going deep, I truly am. The hell with seeding... if we play well over the next two weeks it won't matter.

Only positive I can think of is that it's better to lay an egg in the ACC tourney than it is in the NCAA tourney.

However, I'm not confident we've gotten all of the egg laying out of our system.

TJ Warren is probably the best player we'll see until the Elite 8. The kid is a legit top 6 player in America and it's highly unlikely we see someone that good or versatile till later in the tourney.

If we played against Shabazz Napier tonight instead of Warren we win by double digits.

Yeah, I actually think there are many positives after this game even though I am still cussing under my breath (not really, out loud) after losing that game however, there are some good things that I'm hanging on to regardless of what others may say.

1. We played a horrible game offensively and YET still had a very good chance to win the game which I thought was going to happen even in the last few moments of the game.

2. Christmas did an excellent job in his role without picking up his fifth for an extended period of time left in the game. That showed me a lot about his ability to still play aggressively but in control.

3. Fair had an absolute nightmare game but despite that, as a team, we hung together. No way does he play like that again wearing Orange. I confidently believe he got that out of his system at the right time. Moving forward is where it all counts.

4. We didn't play poor offense. We had plenty of good looks but unfortunately the ball just didn't go in enough (or very much). Even with our suspect offense lately, I really like our chances moving forward because I just don't see this kind of horrendous shooting happening again. I know some will say that this is how we have been playing lately, but I see it a bit different. We seemed to have more good shots tonight and if we continue to have those opportunities (which I believe we will), we will take advantage.

5. Grant is healthy as is Keita. Grant needs to be more of an impact scoring in the paint, even though he scored a lot at the charity stripe. I believe we will see that. He will be even hungrier as will the rest of the team.

6. As most here would likely agree in that it is quite disappointing not to win the ACC regular season outright and to lose in the quarters after starting the way we did. However, I tend to agree with Boeheim "I think we've played well all year. I think we struggle shooting it. And I think that's been pretty well-documented. But in spite of that, we won 27 games. So I'm pretty pleased with what these guys have done and I believe we'll be a very good Tournament team." We will have an opportunity in the contest, maybe even the second (depending on the match up) to get our mojo back and win a handful of games.

7. Just look at our own history as well as the history of other teams that have gone deep in the tourney... all you need is a good run despite what you did in your conference tourney. I really believe that our first win next week can erase everything that has happened lately and can put us in a position to be dangerous.

8. Not that I have access to any of the players, but I highly doubt that ANY of them have any doubt that they can return to the final four. I'm sure they fully believe and will play like that next week.

I very well know that I'm seeing this as an optimist and perhaps refusing to look at some of the glaring issues; however, what I do know (and we all know) is that we have a team that is capable of kicking some serious a$$. It just takes one game in the tourney to erase all of the recent issues. I'm still wearing my orange glasses and seeing things as the glass is quite full despite what has happened. All it takes is just one win to set things in a positive direction and then who knows. I'm still very excited about our prospect of going deep, I truly am. The hell with seeding... if we play well over the next two weeks it won't matter.

With all the negativity on the board tonight, it is nice to see a post that has a positive outlook on things.

Only positive I can think of is that it's better to lay an egg in the ACC tourney than it is in the NCAA tourney.

However, I'm not confident we've gotten all of the egg laying out of our system.

We may drop a deuce at the NCAAs. :eek:

we are NOT healthy, keita, cooney and grant are all clearly banged up. think about how many SC top ten hilites grant had in nov, dec , jan. how many since? keita is wearing a brace and now is playing less effective than when he was a freshman. cooney was pulled for awhile down the stretch for gbinje, why was that? his ankle prevented him from playing defense and he couldnt hit a shot and he looked gimpy to me before last night. ennis looks healthy to me but fact of the matter is his assist to turnover ratio and shooting percentage has plummeted since he rolled his ankle against ND i think it was. this team has a week to get itself together. Go Cuse!

The one positive I take from losing this game is that the team gets some rest before the dance. I can't think of too many others.

Its almost as if JB and the team wanted to lose .. maybe to have more rest time and not have to deal with a physical game with duke .. ( not that I really believe this).. JB has said that seeding doesnt matter that much...

we are NOT healthy, keita, cooney and grant are all clearly banged up. think about how many SC top ten hilites grant had in nov, dec , jan. how many since? keita is wearing a brace and now is playing less effective than when he was a freshman. cooney was pulled for awhile down the stretch for gbinje, why was that? his ankle prevented him from playing defense and he couldnt hit a shot and he looked gimpy to me before last night. ennis looks healthy to me but fact of the matter is his assist to turnover ratio and shooting percentage has plummeted since he rolled his ankle against ND i think it was. this team has a week to get itself together. Go Cuse!

PLEASE KEEP ALL SHARP BLADES AWAY FROM YOURSELF THIS WEEKEND AS WELL AS NEXT WEEK.

PLEASE KEEP ALL SHARP BLADES AWAY FROM YOURSELF THIS WEEKEND AS WELL AS NEXT WEEK.
It is what it is. Doesnt mean we cant get healthy soon. MSU went thru injuries, their ranking plummeted, they got their guys back and now they are improving. So why in your esteemed opinion did we suddenly transition from 25-0 to 2-5? Just random mojo?

It is what it is. Doesnt mean we cant get healthy soon. MSU went thru injuries, their ranking plummeted, they got their guys back and now they are improving. So why in your esteemed opinion did we suddenly transition from 25-0 to 2-5? Just random mojo?

The other teams are scoring more points than us. Any other questions?

The other teams are scoring more points than us. Any other questions?
how many games are we going to score more pts than our opponents in the ncaas? would love to know the answer to that one

how many games are we going to score more pts than our opponents in the ncaas? would love to know the answer to that one

S I X

This is getting too easy. Any other questions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom