Post game thoughts... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Post game thoughts...

Did you just drop like 5 tabs of E?

And/or rip a few huge rails of blow??

Because it would require some serious mind & mood-altering substances to paint that rosy a picture of tonight.

so, enjoy! And don’t Bogart all the good stuff!
;)

To be clear, my "like" was for the populist sentiment at the end. caring for the group as a whole. I still can appreciate the effort for his writeup and to have that perspective.

The Lamanzana effect strikes again, as the game was over when they banked in that 3.

Before the game, I saw a poster suggest Beverly might "friel" us (my term, not exactly his) and I totally got it. (One of the things I love about this forum is that you can use the word "Friel" as a verb and all but the back-end millennials get what you mean). Beverly is a one-dimensional chump who has burned us before.

He got abused on defense the entire game and was a main reason we were in position to win today. SU went on a 7-0 run to take a four-point lead with 10 minutes to play. Then Beverly did literally the only good thing he did all night and chuck in a three.

We certainly did not have control of the game at that point. There was an eternity to play. Still, I thought SU was on the verge of breaking them at that moment in the game and that clown pulled one friel out of his hat. Momentum-wise it was highly under-rated.

Fify
For those on this board who mentioned Buddy making the NBA take notice. He is a good role player. A very good sixth man. He is an overachiever who will have a solid college career. He doesn't have the athletic ability to play in the NBA.

For those on this board who mentioned Buddy making the NBA take notice. He is a good role player. A very good sixth man. He is an overachiever who will have a solid college career. He doesn't have the athletic ability to play in the NBA.

He needs that bone-lengthening surgery to add a few inches. Could be Steve Novak 2.0.

He needs that bone-lengthening surgery to add a few inches. Could be Steve Novak 2.0.
1581480323194.jpeg

We win the next two and we are in. This one stings but it doesn’t end the season.

Maybe we get lucky and split the next two, but no way are we winning both. We haven't shown the ability to beat any good teams yet, and we really struggle against more athletic teams (and both FSU and Louisville are a lot more athletic than we are).

Do yourself a favor and accept this is an NIT team. Hopefully the experience the freshmen are getting will pay dividends next season.

Crap football and basketball season. Hopefully Lacrosse has a great year.

Do yourself a favor and accept this is an NIT team. Hopefully the experience the freshmen are getting will pay dividends next season.

I despise the NIT. To me, it is an anachronistic tournament. Let it be an irrelevant playground of plucky mid-majors. P5 schools should take no pleasure in any success there because in most cases it is due to their own underachievement on the big stage. That said...

This might be the only SU team since the Big East era where I would somehow treasure a deep NIT run. On overall composition, these guys are not good enough this year. But their heart, character, and ability to beat any given team on any day with their specialized skillset would make them very exciting in a consolation tourney and realistically springboard to something big next year. I never had such a feeling about any other SU NIT team.

And yes, I am cognizant of the irony that we made the NIT FF in 2002, then won the NCAA title in 2003. Monsieur McNamara and especially Monsieur Anthony were once-in-a-lifetime factors in such a seismic jump, no?

Last edited:
Me neither, if I didn't like a certain member's posts or they were too long or whatever, I could always just skip them. I'm just trying to offer a constructive altertative to help those calling for bans to have a more enjoyable experience.
Cancel culture bro.

Agreed on both counts. As disappointing as it is, these freshman are interesting and some minutes in meaningful games won't hurt. I'm not writing off next season yet though it could look a little rock fight-ish.

I despise the NIT. To me, it is an anachronistic tournament. Let it be an irrelevant playground of plucky mid-majors. P5 schools should take no pleasure in any success there because in most cases it is due to their own underachievement on the big stage. That said...

This might be the only SU team since the Big East era where I would somehow treasure a deep NIT run. On overall composition, these guys are not good enough this year. But their heart, character, and ability to beat any given team on any day with their specialized skillset would make them very exciting in a consolation tourney and realistically springboard to something big next year. I never had such a feeling about any other SU NIT team.

And yes, I am cognizant of the irony that we made the NIT FF in 2002, then won the NCAA title in 2003. Monsieur McNamara and especially Monsieur Anthony were once-in-a-lifetime factors in such a seismic jump, no?

Don't think we have a prayer at a title next year but I'm not writing it off as more of the same just yet. Edwards and Guerrier along with some girard improvement (mostly in terms of consistency and shooting) could make for an interesting group. I'd think some struggles replacing Hughes offensively, but a better defense with better rebounding. Maybe a little less entertaining to watch but perhaps collecting a few more wins.

If history means anything, SU will probably finish 10-10 in the league. GT, BC, Pitt and Miami are not all wins, especially with three on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom