Post-Standard layoffs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Post-Standard layoffs

I'd pay $10 a month for good Syracuse.com content. I wonder if anyone would be with me though with that price point

I'd pay $10 a month if they added a premium message board. :p

Current 7 day home delivery is 5 weeks for $5.54 per week or a total of $27.70 each 5 week term.They could do a 3 day newspaper sub for $10 a month and include on-line content.

God, a noontime local news show is replaced with a Hollywood gossip show. The country's going to hell.

What on earth does Bud bring that Dick didn't? Pud Poliquin should be writing his own careers obit.

God, a noontime local news show is replaced with a Hollywood gossip show. The country's going to hell.

There's Noon news on Ch 5, Ch 9, and Ch 10.

3 & 5 show the same news anyways, so they've eliminated duplication.

I'm not sure that 5 is showing noon news anymore? I thought I flipped over to 5 when 3 was doing Hollywood whatever and 5 had some similar show on.

That's unfortunate. Dick Case has always written some interesting stories about the history of Syracuse.

Sad. Dick wrote two or three about my mother, and grandfather.

What will bloggers do when there are no more investigative journalists to copy?

Syracuse.com is the worst and by that I mean by far worst site I go on. It's slow and has more bugs than the Cicero swamp.

It is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

It is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

You'd think the geniuses behind the layoffs would fix that problem first before committing to a crappy website.

If the Post Standard wants to survive, there are some glaring issues it must correct.
I, as well as most here, can think of at least 5 reporters that should go (Dick Case not being one).
Since this is a sports site I will give a sports example.
It always baffled me when the PS would cover the expenses of a few reporters to travel to away games.
2 reporters would talk about the game and their discussions with players before and after the game.
There was always that one reporter that would write a piece about the weather outside the arena and how there seemed to be a lot of people wearing orange in the stands... or some other garbage I didn't need to waste 5 minutes of my time reading. I won't say the reporters name but if he stays, then I think Rogers will need to fire himself to succeed.

Syracuse.com is the worst and by that I mean by far worst site I go on. It's slow and has more bugs than the Cicero swamp.

Yeah. Somebody scewed up big time when they hired the team that came up with the redesign. It's not just the Syracuse.com website, however. All of the Advance sites, including PennLive and NJ.com, were given the same crappy redesign. I used to check in with multiple Advance sites every day but it is no longer worth the aggravation.

I'd pay $10 a month for good Syracuse.com content. I wonder if anyone would be with me though with that price point
My problem with this is, with the paper only printing 3 times a week, you'd need a subscription to read the paper if you we're coming into town on Friday or Saturday. This is all bad - and sad in so many ways.

Ditota is terrtible. Rahme and Case and Sean Kirst are needed and everyone else can go.

My problem with this is, with the paper only printing 3 times a week, you'd need a subscription to read the paper if you we're coming into town on Friday or Saturday. This is all bad - and sad in so many ways.

This town doesn't have a paper.

It's going to be a glorified blog.

Just heard, bad news for both Rahme and Weidner.

cant believe rahme. he is 1 of the best sports guys i have ever read.

very analytic, very smart, relevant info. He and Waters were must stays IMO. this pisses me off.

and i swear on my life, if bud isnt given an early retirement and rahme is shown the door - i for 1 will not go onto syracuse.com until poliquin is gone.

Not a threat, just a promise.

very analytic, very smart, relevant info. He and Waters were must stays IMO. this pisses me off.
agreed, not sure what the direction of this newspaper is but its going down the shitter quick.

and i swear on my life, if bud isnt given an early retirement and rahme is shown the door - i for 1 will not go onto syracuse.com until poliquin is gone.

Not a threat, just a promise.
Does this mean SU has dropped football? In the long run, this is bad for Syracuse, as in lack of exposure through the media. Just bad.

Does this mean SU has dropped football? In the long run, this is bad for Syracuse, as in lack of exposure through the media. Just bad.

The program is going to faced with some challenges on getting its message out. There is going to be a new writer on the football beat, who that is is TBD.

Terrible move. And yes, this does not bode well for SU Athletics in the short term.

bud and manchild tweeted this morning that bud will remain with the post standard for the foreseeable future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom