Postgame Thoughts… BC game 2 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… BC game 2

Unc stinks too.

the ACC is really really bad.

happy with all and any wins, but folks have got to stop using the JB playbook of “actually this team is good because they only lost by 6 vs ranked team du jour”

they aren’t. bc is terrible. Pitt is terrible.
I like our chances against UNC again with the way Anselem/Sidibe are playing. Just stay healthy, fellas.

I found it curious when JB said Sidibe could play 15-20 per game after barely playing him at all. In hindsight, he was probably protecting him from further injury.

Sidibe’s our “in case of emergency, break glass” guy.

I like our chances against UNC again with the way Anselem/Sidibe are playing. Just stay healthy, fellas.
Jesse is obviously the best offensive player and shotblocker out of the 3, but Anselem is the better rebounder, and Sid knows the rotations in the zone like the back of his hand. He was doing a lot of directing to everyone else out there on defense today.

Jesse is obviously the best offensive player and shotblocker out of the 3, but Anselem is the better rebounder, and Sid knows the rotations in the zone like the back of his hand. He was doing a lot of directing to everyone else out there on defense today.
Maybe his offense will come around in time for the ACCT, like it did the last time he played in the ACCT.

What were you able to take away from today's game, other than Sidibe may perhaps be able to give the team a few minutes, knees permitting?

A win!

Another game where the whistles were mostly silent. 11 fouls on Syracuse with 6 on the 2 centers! Wait till we get to Duke, Then the whistles will wake up

UNC has shooters to light up the zone and they have Bancot inside. It’s going to be a tough defensive plan for us.

He looked "rusty but willing" today. LOL. Nice effort from Sidibe.

I honestly didn't expect him to look this good again before his career was over. DeJuan Coleman, after so many injuries, didn't suddenly look this good at the end, y'know?

Wish we could play against Galloway every game. Combined 2-23 from 3 pt land vs us. He has shot a spectacular 24% from 3 for the year. At some point shouldn't he be icing his wrist while sitting next to his coach. Why is he allowed to keep chucking?

UNC has shooters to light up the zone and they have Bancot inside. It’s going to be a tough defensive plan for us.
...and they are very athletic and can play pressure defense. Generating offense will be an issue.

Wish we could play against Galloway every game. Combined 2-23 from 3 pt land vs us. He has shot a spectacular 24% from 3 for the year. At some point shouldn't he be icing his wrist while sitting next to his coach. Why is he allowed to keep chucking?

He is just a 1 year rental right? Assuming it's a matter of water under the bridge at this point in the season..

...and they are very athletic and can play pressure defense. Generating offense will be an issue.

Also UNC is not very disciplined and when things don't go well they don't fair very well. At minimum love to be the ones that boot them out of tourney contention.

Right now Frank, Sidibe and Coles activity on defense give me some hope for the rest of the season. Sid looked great for a guy who played his first legit minutes in two years.

We sit on .500 watch for now. Bank the GT game and at 15-12 comes the turning point of making a last ditch run.. or not. Win at ND, shock Duke and who knows. One game at a time though for now.

19-12 going into the ACCT would be highly unlikely but would probably have us sitting 8th or 9th out from the last team in. Then two wins has us in the talking heads debates. Three wins and its why would you leave us out. Magic would be win the acct head into the tourney at 23-12 as probably a 7, 8 or 9.

BC just helped us get to 191 on Ken Pom in Adjdef

OMG. That's out of like 350 teams, right?
How can we be rated that low, and still be at .500?

If Sid were totally game ready, which I doubt we'll see before the end of the season, he is the best center we have. Jesse is good but he's just not at Sid's level yet. Just remember how well he was playing before he went down.

But Sid at 80% of that, along with Frank doing his best, can help make it possible for this mishappen team to get to March Madness.

As has been said a few times-----one game at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom