Postgame Thoughts… Colgate | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Colgate

If the state of our program was to be represented by a scene from the movie Titanic what scene would it be?

The scene where the captain is about to retire for the evening, and his officer in relief mentions about the iceberg warnings. The captain, after stirring his tea, replies; “full steam ahead!”

If the state of our program was to be represented by a scene from the movie Titanic what scene would it be?

giphy.gif

Colgate has three big strong guys clogging in the middle. They took away our athleticism with that, and beat us with an extra 10 points from 3 with 5 minutes to go.

I think Edwards and Hima together on the floor together could add some athletic advantage in these types of games where nobody can get inside position to the rim. On defense the same. Good hustle, but get a body into people some on the perimeter in m2m, that's part of contesting the 3 point line, especially with a deep bench.

He showed us man. He showed us a path to victory. Then he goes with a 1-3-1 that they NEVER practiced jn the exhibition games. They instantly start draining threes and it continues with the 2-3. We never go back to man.

I know I’m in losing to Colgate crazy mode but it’s like he’s trying to make the diehards mad. Like shoving it in our face that he’s in charge and burning it all down.

He has freshman Copeland out there whose supposed to guard the corner in a 1-3-1 which he has never done. He brought him off the bench and then instantly goes 1-3-1. Stupid and old

Well, I liked that Mintz had a pretty good game. Joe hit a few threes. Jesse had a few quality plays, but too much time MIA. Benny did some good things.

But we gave up literally 25 open threes. I noticed that Boeheim changed to a 1-3-1 zone to take away the foul line in the 2nd half, before we went to the press after made baskets.

These guys need to play more man to man defense. Then you know whose fault it is if somebody is wide open. We need accountability on defense. And we need to rebound better. Maliq Brown should have seen more time in the 2nd half, but Boeheim felt like we had to "score our way" back into the game.

But you don't put runs together by trading baskets. Making runs always starts with getting stops, and getting the defensive rebound.

He has freshman Copeland out there whose supposed to guard the corner in a 1-3-1 which he has never done. He brought him off the bench and then instantly goes 1-3-1. Stupid and old
Typically the 1-3-1 is a more full court look but yeah we definitely dropped into that type of D in the first and they got a good shot from the same spot like 5 times.

Couldn’t believe what I was watching. This isn’t hard.

To me, it wasn't that Colgate hit a bunch of threes - it's that the majority were WIDE open. They could get any shot they wanted at any time, and it showed.

Anyone who watched the game could see it: JB got thoroughly out-coached for 40 minutes.

Typically the 1-3-1 is a more full court look but yeah we definitely dropped into that type of D in the first and they got a good shot from the same spot like 5 times.

Couldn’t believe what I was watching. This isn’t hard.
We were doing just fine before that. There would have actually been some contested threes down the stretch. It’s too depressing

Game has passed him by. It’s sad to watch. He used to be a master at in game strategy. But Father Time remains undefeated for a reason.

I know he doesn’t want a swan song but he really should announce he’s retiring at the end of this year and let folks pack the dome to watch him coach the team one more time. It’s sad to see him go out this way. It’s beyond time for a retirement.

Jim Boeheim should never coach another game at Syracuse again. You’re not allowed to get blown out my Colgate twice in a row. Today was absolutely disgusting in a million ways.

Let GMac or whoever coach the next 30 games then decide from there. The man is my childhood hero but JFC this is pathetic.
How about we make an offer to the Colgate coach to replace Boeheim ...that guy is teriffic!

Forgot about tonight's game and was watching the Habs instead.
Did I miss anything?

When you recruit guys who can’t do push-ups, you get bullied by the Patriot League grab bag. SU has the weakest athletes on the floor year after year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom