Postgame Thoughts… Georgetown | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Georgetown

No please don’t shut this down
Yes as JB said in his presser clearly Jesse lost the game. Had nothing to do with Jimmy being a black hole and being useless on the boards or Buddy airballing threes. No issue with asking a seven footer playing the middle to get to the corner to defend the three.
Maddening.
The kids are tired that’s why we lost? Pathetic excuse.

Well after reading your quote I had to go hear for myself because it didn't add up. Like I said difficult to blindly back JAB nowadays. I hope this was an honest misquote from SI and not done on purpose to fit an agenda.
Good catch, Stumpy.

Idk the stats but I feel like there was a stretch where we missed like 3 or 4 easy buckets in the paint in a row. So frustrating to watch the ball movement we had in the first half to looking like we don't know a dang thing about basketball in the 2nd half. Maddening!

Idk the stats but I feel like there was a stretch where we missed like 3 or 4 easy buckets in the paint in a row. So frustrating to watch the ball movement we had in the first half to looking like we don't know a dang thing about basketball in the 2nd half. Maddening!
Almost looked like they didn't have legs on some of those missed finishes in close.

Almost looked like they didn't have legs on some of those missed finishes in close.
I seem to recall a guy who was a pretty good coach saying something about that they are college kids and should be able to play for 40 minutes. If only I could remember his name I would share it here.

Let's try a Cleveland cavs lineup and have Symir, buddy, JBA, Frank, and Jesse in *shrugs*

Jimmy is shooting 47.7% from the field. With the 3 point line though Edwards is shooting really high. They don't get enough and one's though. Joe on the other hand.

Go look at the game logs for the isolated second half scores. It’s not pretty . We dont just lose second halves , we get blown out of the gym. It’s not a blip.. it’s nearly every game against non-Lafayette level comp.

And the absolute point totals given up in these second halves are more worrisome than the relative difference in points between us and our opponents .

Ask yourself why that is? The one game where that that pattern reversed was when we faced a guy who couldn’t coach a dog how to fetch

Jimmy is shooting 47.7% from the field. With the 3 point line though Edwards is shooting really high. They don't get enough and one's though. Joe on the other hand.
What ?

Easy for you to say.

Wait What Reaction GIF

we gave up 45 points in the 2H. To Georgetown.

Going back to Nova, the defense has been solid 3 of the last 4 half's outside of rebounding. Edwards should rarely be tired.

Cole's overall performance in this game and others is underrated by some, but there are people who need to stop insisting that he's an elite outside shooter; at least in game situations. He still can't string together two shots in a row where muscle memory has it all nailed down in a reliable way. He's at least halfway there. but there were times, like at the 10 minute mark in the first half where his hand release was overly finessed, but his jumping was over done, so you knew that shot would hit the back of the rim. Then he later took aim, and you new it was going in. Perfect set-up, form and release.

Not saying he should go 35 minutes a game - or even 28. Just feels like people are on his back for the wrong reasons.

Cole's overall performance in this game and others is underrated by some, but there are people who need to stop insisting that he's an elite outside shooter; at least in game situations. He still can't string together two shots in a row where muscle memory has it all nailed down in a reliable way. He's at least halfway there. but there were times, like at the 10 minute mark in the first half where his hand release was overly finessed, but his jumping was over done, so you knew that shot would hit the back of the rim. Then he later took aim, and you new it was going in. Perfect set-up, form and release.

Not saying he should go 35 minutes a game - or even 28. Just feels like people are on his back for the wrong reasons.
I’d really like him as a 15-20 mpg forward off the bench. Or even the 5th starter on a really good team.

I think he’s in a role that’s too big for what he can do, based on what I’ve seen so far. He’d be in the Ongenaut role on a good Syracuse team.

Only positive is we are 1-0 in ACC we could potentially be 14-5 and we still have players like Cole who have not shot the ball like they can. I feel like we will put the pieces together and when we click will be hard to beat

I’d really like him as a 15-20 mpg forward off the bench. Or even the 5th starter on a really good team.

I think he’s in a role that’s too big for what he can do, based on what I’ve seen so far. He’d be in the Ongenaut role on a good Syracuse team.
Just after I hit the send button, I thought of KO, heh. That's the person I'm hoping Swider will be. So maybe we're focused on strict numbers too much. Since KO (and some older folks might say Mike Hopkins), we'd been evolving away from bloody elbows so gradually, I hadn't even noticed. Marek was a trooper, but there are a lot of big boys out there.

Only positive is we are 1-0 in ACC we could potentially be 14-5 and we still have players like Cole who have not shot the ball like they can. I feel like we will put the pieces together and when we click will be hard to beat
Crazily enough, that could happen. But there's no margin for error.

“Jesse just forgot what he was doing on defense in the second half. He just didn’t want to play his position," Boeheim said.
well you knew it certainly couldn’t be the coaching - I was wondering who Jim would throw under the bus today - although I knew which players he wouldn’t

High winds here in Eastern Ontario tonight.

Now we have a power outage.
Wish that outage would have occurred between 12 and 3 today instead.

I agree and think you could say the same thing about every guy on the team. Everyone's role is one step above their reality.

A step back long two by Cole will never ever be the shot. I’m not singling it out, but when we have bad o possessions it’s obvious. Cole is a catch and shoot player in my mind. That’s it.

That was his role on good Nova teams and he wasn't great at it. Always wondered why people on here stayed high on him since he was so popular as a recruit.

I thought everyone that plays his position leaving would bring out a different player but it hasn't.

“Jesse just forgot what he was doing on defense in the second half. He just didn’t want to play his position," Boeheim said.

well you knew it certainly couldn’t be the coaching - I was wondering who Jim would throw under the bus today - although I knew which players he wouldn’t

And that tweet along with another was not what JB said. Listen to the presser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom