Postgame Thoughts… Georgetown | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Georgetown

It would be so funny if we won the ACC at like 13-7 and still missed the ncaa tournament hahaha
Yes….. funny

Awkward The Big Lebowski GIF

I don't think the way Boeheim has dragged Benny in the media is fair. But Cole and Jimmy are simply a much more positive factor on the team than Benny is right now. They may not be good, but they're unfortunately our best options at the forward position by a comfortable margin. Hopefully that will not be the case by the end of the season.
More Buddy and Frank at forward. 3 guard lineup with size and length at the 4 and 5. Buddy won’t rebound any worse than Jimmy, and Frank helps offset some of that.

Sure we’ll lose some “spacing” but our starting guards can’t drive past Bjorn anyway, so who cares?

And last year it was "Free "He-who's-name-cannot-be-mentioned", (hint; rhymes with Schmadary), and "Free Jesse". JB is wedded to a 6-7 man rotation...NO MATTER WHAT!
He's coached 40+ years and I can count on one hand how many times he's gone past 8. It's been beyond sickening to watch this same scenario play out: "Short bench. Excessive minutes. Excuses about players who're "not ready". Tired legs. Flame out". And he will, no...CAN NOT, change. Sickening.
When our starters are good-great I’m fine with riding our horses. See 1996 Orange.

This ain’t that.

One other complaint about this team...

It's especially true of the two Boeheims but it's basically true of everyone on the team. On top of physically moving slowly around the court, our players all love to just catch a pass and stop the game for a few seconds and see what's going on and then they make their move. Even the rare times we're swinging the ball, it inevitably ends up in Jimmy or Buddy's hands at some point and then it just gets stuck there for a few seconds while the defense recovers. When you're already at a severe disadvantage athletically, you can't also be the team that's slow mentally.

I don't think the way Boeheim has dragged Benny in the media is fair. But Cole and Jimmy are simply a much more positive factor on the team than Benny is right now. They may not be good, but they're unfortunately our best options at the forward position by a comfortable margin. Hopefully that will not be the case by the end of the season.
I get what you are saying...and you aren’t wrong.

my only counter is our “best options” got smoked by Colgate and lost to a hideous GTown team. It’s worth it to switch it up

I see why Swider couldn't get much playing time at Nova. His shot is flat, he hesitates way too much, starts a move which looks good but then is reluctant to follow through... I bet he's a knock em down shooter and a different player at practice.

I get what you are saying...and you aren’t wrong.

my only counter is our “best options” got smoked by Colgate and lost to a hideous GTown team. It’s worth it to switch it up
Yeah I can't really argue with that lol. I think we'll be lucky to even be a bubble team this year so I have no problem with just trying different crap and seeing if maybe you find something promising for next season. I don't think that can really be Jim's philosophy as the head coach this early in the season but there's where I'm personally at.

i think the thought is

this is my last season, just gotta finesse it so my sons play 39 mins a game and call it a wrap
something tells me this isn’t JB last season. Willingly at least.

More Buddy and Frank at forward. 3 guard lineup with size and length at the 4 and 5. Buddy won’t rebound any worse than Jimmy, and Frank helps offset some of that.

Sure we’ll lose some “spacing” but our starting guards can’t drive past Bjorn anyway, so who cares?

That would be an interesting lineup. I can see it working and failing but I think it should be worth a try.

Teams are getting almost any look they want on key possessions. We don’t put up much of a fight defensively….and it’s not because of effort.

I'm rather shocked at how many times today I said, "what a horrible pass" (by Georgetown) and it gets through the post defense almost every time. :(

the Swider hate is overboard IMO.

He’s probably our best rebounder, he hustles, he had about 6 assists today. He’s literally the only one who’s contributing across the stat sheet. Sure he has some flaws, but without him the lineup we are worse
hes good enough to be in the rotation just not main contributor (that hes being asked to be)...hence the blowback

Benny was once again terrible in his few minutes. Almost every possession while he was on the floor ended with an open shot due to him vacating his spot or giving up a rebound because he was more concerned defending air than an actual player. I’m glad he had a nice bucket at the end of his run but we were fortunate not to get blown out while he was on the floor.

Symir and Frank played well though. Really no excuse not to give Symir a chance in the second half.
Terrible? What about the others? Both teams attempted 26 three's.

One other complaint about this team...

It's especially true of the two Boeheims but it's basically true of everyone on the team. On top of physically moving slowly around the court, our players all love to just catch a pass and stop the game for a few seconds and see what's going on and then they make their move. Even the rare times we're swinging the ball, it inevitably ends up in Jimmy or Buddy's hands at some point and then it just gets stuck there for a few seconds while the defense recovers. When you're already at a severe disadvantage athletically, you can't also be the team that's slow mentally.
Buddy Buckets? More like Black Hole Buddy.

That’s what all that practice in the Boeheim basement court gets. An inability to pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom