Postgame Thoughts… Georgetown | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Georgetown

SU hasn't been fun to watch for several years now. Tough for us long-timers that had grown accustomed to watching exceptional talent on the floor for a very long time. Hasn't been that way for a while now. I've always wanted JB to go out on his own terms but after this season ends it would make sense to hang em' up.

32 shots combined for the Boeheim’s. It’s not winning basketball and having your go to play when you need a bucket being Jimmy backing down a more talented defender shows how far we have fallen.

Cuse
Jimmy isn’t the problem but normally this position has a difference maker. He just doesn’t provide it. He would be a good backup.

Idk if the thought was Benny was going to come in and kill it. Very disheartening all around.

I don’t want this thread locked so let’s keep the discussion civil while also voicing legitimate points and observations.

Second half not seeing Benny or more importantly Symir is hard to fathom.
Its beyond me.

Very stale...

It is very frustrating to see the same type of team these past few years. And I have 100% confidence that if we somehow make it to the tournament this team will make it out of the first weekend like we always do. Excitement for the next year will ensue based off a run and then we will be here again. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Something has got to change and I honestly think that starts at the top...
The girls basketball team and mens lacrosse team was in trouble. And now the football team and basketball team were and are in a different kind of trouble.

Cuse athletics as a whole is not producing at the moment.

The girls basketball team and mens lacrosse team was in trouble. And now the football team and basketball team were and are in a different kind of trouble.

Cuse athletics as a whole is not producing at the moment.
Time for a cleanse. Possibly next year

Hire The Swordsman as a quick fix to re-elevate the profile of the program, and then go for a big, proven name in a couple of years.

There has to be a starting lineup change. The current lineup is just not athletic enough. The bench played great in the first half and saw no time in the second half. It’s really hard to explain. Smir not playing in second half really hurts Joe. Way too much Jr. and Swider. They don’t deserve their minutes.
i have faith in buddy through his slump but the line up definitely needs to change, joe right now is our lown bright spot.

Jimmy isn’t the problem but normally this position has a difference maker. He just doesn’t provide it. He would be a good backup.

Idk if the thought was Benny was going to come in and kill it. Very disheartening all around.
He’d be great coming off the bench for a different look and an offensive kick.

Time for a cleanse. Possibly next year
When…When is the time. As a season ticket holder, it’s hard to take watching both coaches bring down both programs.

That’s really inexcusable. Why not keep at what’s working and also save some energy. Symir was looking good to. indefensible.
We all know why. JB only plays guys he trusts in the second half, and trust isn’t earned in the first half. Usually we have at least a couple guys on the bench that he trusts, but this year there isn’t anyone.

There's a certain segment of people who are Boeheim fans, not fans of the Syracuse Basketball program.

[can't wait for the "bOeHeIm Is SyRaCuSe BaSkEtBaLl" responses]
You're absoutely right. I'm only 45. I'm hoping to be around for a few more years cheering regardless of who is coaching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom