Postgame Thoughts… Georgetown | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Georgetown

Just realized I hit the under on my under 154.5 bet.
As I am a big better that made me almost $25.

Might go crazy and binge on the additional $$ toppings on my sub.
On second thought, better not!
I need to go get a “sub”(and beer).

For sure, mainly for Symir. But even fine with Benny for a min or 3. That bucket was really nice and important. What’s the worst that happens, we blow our 10 point half time lead quicker? Hahs
I would have liked to see Benny get a couple minutes; I just don't agree with some of the posters that it was outrageous that he didn't play. He didn't play well in the first half like the other two bench players did. The other two undeniably played well enough to earn minutes in the 2nd half.

I would have liked to see Benny get a couple minutes; I just don't agree with some of the posters that it was outrageous that he didn't play. He didn't play well in the first half like the other two bench players did. The other two undeniably played well enough to earn minutes in the 2nd half.

It is only outrageous he didn't play because Cole and Jimmy aren't good enough to keep him on the bench. For every mistake, Benny gets called out for Jimmy and Cole make the same ones over and over again. If Jimmy and Cole were better players I don't think anyone would care that much if Benny doesn't play. But not giving him consistent minutes because Jimmy and Cole have to play the entire game is laughable at best.

we gave up 45 points in the 2H. To Georgetown.
......and it seems like in every game we give up a ton of points in the 2nd half. WHY? I think I know why but I am not the coach or the coaching staff. That should be their focus at this point.

I’m a Giants and Cuse fan and am becoming more and more convinced that I’m going to be talking about the 80’s-00s for the rest of my fandom.
I’m giving my dad the biggest hug ever the next time I see him for raising me as a Patriots and Red Sox fan

It is only outrageous he didn't play because Cole and Jimmy aren't good enough to keep him on the bench. For every mistake, Benny gets called out for Jimmy and Cole make the same ones over and over again. If Jimmy and Cole were better players I don't think anyone would care that much if Benny doesn't play. But not giving him consistent minutes because Jimmy and Cole have to play the entire game is laughable at best.
Triche/Coleman
Burgan/Wallace
Anthony/Warrick
Swider/Boeheim !!!!!

Steve Lavin: Syracuse just doesn't have the foot speed to defend. Last in Division I in giving up made 3's per game.
Maybe this will prompt JB to refocus on recruiting athleticism again.

Glavin mentioned that at half time as well as after the game. After the game when he doubled down on that stat again, he did say that Syracuse would improve as the season went on, even though he stated how slow a foot SU players are and don’t have the typical length that good SU zone teams were accustomed to. I think he was just being kind and respectful though when saying that. Solidified by that Casey dude’s comments immediately afterwards with his sheepish grin.

Whoever that Casey guy is, was basically laughing at how putrid our D is, and that how can it getting better? These players aren’t going to get faster, longer or taller. So, it’s foolish wishful thinking/hoping, unless some kind of miraculous event were to occur.

Just pathetic! :(:mad:

It would be so funny if we won the ACC at like 13-7 and still missed the ncaa tournament hahaha

He’d be great coming off the bench for a different look and an offensive kick.

It's really just sad. I understand how special it must be for him to coach the two, but it has to be a special kind of torture to have your sons be the "stars" on the worst team in 50+ years.

Last edited:
I don't think the way Boeheim has dragged Benny in the media is fair. But Cole and Jimmy are simply a much more positive factor on the team than Benny is right now. They may not be good, but they're unfortunately our best options at the forward position by a comfortable margin. Hopefully that will not be the case by the end of the season.

I'd role with Williams over Swider and see how it plays out. Nothing to lose at this point.

I actually think we'd be better. We'll never know absent a injury.

I’m around “2004 Syracuse football” levels of desensitization to these losses, and the program is at those same levels of perennially mediocre status and staleness.

Let’s just hope we don’t hire a GRob and kill the whole thing off next.

Last edited:
Free Symir.
And last year it was "Free "He-who's-name-cannot-be-mentioned", (hint; rhymes with Schmadary), and "Free Jesse". JB is wedded to a 6-7 man rotation...NO MATTER WHAT!
He's coached 40+ years and I can count on one hand how many times he's gone past 8. It's been beyond sickening to watch this same scenario play out: "Short bench. Excessive minutes. Excuses about players who're "not ready". Tired legs. Flame out". And he will not, no...CAN NOT, change. Sickening.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom