Postgame Thoughts… ND | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ND

Really happy for JBA. Kid has stuck it out and is being rewarded with a chance. 1 bad shot, 1 fumbled pass, but otherwise very solid. Love his ability to keep a couple rebounds alive, though he didn’t get any. The close out on the final play was textbook.

Not sure there’s any reason to change the lineup now. If you bench Bell or Benny you will lose them mentally. Lets them try to get going and see how it plays out. Taylor is getting the same minutes and closing out games no matter who starts.

JBA gets some run….my only quibble would be to get Brown a taste every game.

JB can still coach from tip to buzzer….it’s all the other stuff that is the issue.

Glad Mintz got a positive late in the game and he should understand that that drive is what he needs to do in pressure possessions…not the fancy dribble 15 foot fadeaway (that luckily fell).

Not surprised Joe got off the snyde. For 20 years, our shooters always get healthy against ND…especially at their place. They simply don’t pressure the ball like other teams.

Oh, and Jessie has been insane every night. To a degree he’s getting so many rebounds there’s not much left for the forwards.

Yeah, whats up with not playing Brown? I havent been able to watch much this year but he looked like he deserved to play in the game clips I've seen
JBs decided JBA is more deserving of the mins. We can fight it, and trust me I agree, but JBA is a likeable enough dude that if this is the decision, just support it and hope Brown doesn’t hit the portal

JBA again leading us in assists - last 2 games 8 assists 0 turnovers. He has over a 4 assist to turnover rate this season - have to laugh that’s unbelievable for a guard less than a 6’10” player. Want to see him rebound, he’s too tall not to rebound. By the way Benny can’t get shut out too rebounding too - yikes. A great stat - only 4 turnovers for the entire game for SU and thankfully that Laszewski kid who has been killing it had only 2 points. Jesse so effective underneath - both scoring and rebounding - wow! ND’s guard Goodwin lead ND with 9 rebounds. Much better 2nd half for Judah.

If we don't turn the ball over and we can hit a reasonable number of shots, we can overcome shortfalls in rebounding and still win games. Kind of a miracle that we won today.

Keep learning, keep growing. Hell of a rebound after that show from the other day. Let’s build some momentum now

JBs decided JBA is more deserving of the mins. We can fight it, and trust me I agree, but JBA is a likeable enough dude that if this is the decision, just support it and hope Brown doesn’t hit the portal
It shows if you stick around you will eventually play. He plays with poise and he settles this team down on offense. We have too many guys who get twitchy if they don’t score.

Yeah, whats up with not playing Brown? I havent been able to watch much this year but he looked like he deserved to play in the game clips I've seen
Something is clearly up. Maybe he is still injured or maybe something is going on at practice. He doesn't look very engaged while on the bench either.

1670093600487-png.222722
Trying to remember the last time our center played the entire game. Somebody get Jesse a signed Ned soccer jersey

If JB wants someone on the current staff to take over these are things he should say.

“Giving Taylor extended minutes was a call by X (GMac or RED)”
“That back door play to get Joe an easy layup towards the end of the game was a great call by X (GMac or Red). They saw the ND defenders constantly overplaying and knew it would be open”

Instead of JB taking credit at this stage of his career he should be giving credit to the staff in the public especially if he wants one of them to take over.

Last edited:
Say what you want it really feels nice to get a win.
-when Joe gets good looks he can make them it is simple as that. When he shoots off the dribble or fades away is effectively a turnover. This game doesn’t change that, it highlights it.
-I love the fact that even though he has not played well recently Judah had absolutely no hesitation in a big spot. He also played were under control which leads me to believe he can take coaching which is a huge positive.
-Jesse played with a ton of heart. I would have loved JB to found a minute here and there to give him a breather especially right before a TV timeout. I think he was a little worn out down the stretch which is more than understandable
-Taylor does not take a play off. He had a team high +7 which is not a coincidence. I would like to see him put the ball on the floor and go hard to the basket like he did in high school.
-JBA had a couple of nice passes but I really can’t think of a good reason why he gets minutes. He simply cannot rebound or shoot. We are effectively playing four on five on offense when he is on the court. Brown deserves a shot over him.
-I have no idea why Benny wants to be a jumper shooter and refuses to go hard to the basket. And his rebounding was horrific today. He did not get a body on anyone. One of his worst games.
-when we were up five and decided to take the air off out of the ball and ended up with two air balls on consecutive possessions that was beyond gross. The play out of the time out that JB drew up which led to a backdoor layup for JG3 was pretty sweet
-I had no doubt that we were going to lose this game. It feels terrific not to be angry for the rest of the afternoon. Our schedule gets soft so I’m hoping we can take care of business and make this season somewhat interesting and not embarrassing.

If JB once someone on the current staff to take over these are things he should say.

“That back door play to get Joe an easy layup towards the end of the game was a great call by X (GMac or Red). They saw the ND defenders constantly overplaying and knew it would be open”

Instead of JB taking credit at this stage of his career he should be giving credit to the staff in the public especially if he wants one of them to take over.
“They’re not ready yet”

It shows if you stick around you will eventually play. He plays with poise and he settles this team down on offense. We have too many guys who get twitchy if they don’t score.

JBA has heart, and he knows where the coach wants you to be on the floor on defense, where to look for cutters and shooters. He communicates well with his teammates when he's out there - and when he's on the bench, too. A great team guy.

If he could get better at defense and rebounding, I could see him eventually becoming a Baye Moussa Keita kind of presence for us before he graduates. (He still has another year or two left, doesn't he?)

If JB once someone on the current staff to take over these are things he should say.

That's a good observation.

Thought Brown played really composed and smart though when he was in there.

Getting twitchy when he doesn’t score isn’t an issue with him.

He was clearly ahead of JBA back then. I’m curious why that changed?

Jesse dominanted. If we're to have any chance whatsoever, we need him and JG3 to show up EVERY game. Period.

Yeah, this team needs 5 or 6 guys to play well for us to be able to beat decent teams. That's why you have to play them all - none of them can give you all that you need to win. And certainly none of them can do it consistently, which is a problem.

You need pieces from lots of guys. But you have to normalize the rotations, and teach these guys what you want them to focus on, and then you need to let them learn how to do it, patiently.

There is still a pretty decent amount of talent on this team. Can everyone figure out how to best work together?

Thought Brown played really composed and smart though when he was in there.

Getting twitchy when he doesn’t score isn’t an issue with him.

He was clearly ahead of JBA back then. I’m curious why that changed?

I think he was sick for a week or so with flu.

22 and 14 for Jesse. Love it.
Funny you being that up. Our next 7 games…Great chance we are 11-4.

Oakland-W
Georgetown-W
Monmouth-W
Cornell-W
Pitt-W
BC-W
Louisville-W
One game at a time. But we have the chance to win all of these games and hopefully our team gels and we have a reliable eight players to compete for the rest of the ACC schedule

We’ve heard injured. We’ve heard sick. Don’t understand why they don’t just say it?

If he had the flu, I get it. I’ve had it since Tuesday….and haven’t left the house since then.

Tell me about it. I've had a cold since mid-October.
But the team has HIPAA rules to comply with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom