Postgame Thoughts… St. John’s | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… St. John’s

Joe looked apathetic to me. It wasn’t just his lack of hustle but lack of interest to even play the game. It was pathetic for someone who is supposed to be a leader / mentor
He burnt out in the first half of last night's game. His second half last night is bad. I know it will continue today.

Team was gassed at the end. Poor substitution patterns from JB. When will he ever learn that guys can’t go 40+ minutes on back to back nights? You could see the entire team hit a wall with 8 minutes left.
That is all true. The problem might be that had we subbed earlier, we weren't have been playing later. We don't have enough guys that can put the ball in the basket.

I don’t think he fell apart as much as he ran out of gas. I don’t blame him at all for any mistakes he made at the end w the turnovers. His legs are jello
They’re very good athletes, “jelly legs” shouldn’t happen

Joe and Judah just kicked this game away. Both were horrible down the stretch. Jesse was the only one who could score. This offense is putrid. They all look like their sneakers are nailed to the floor. St. John’s is not that good. They will get crushed by good teams in the Big East. Creighten will destroy them.

Always appreciate these NineOneSeven

- Judah is a Dawg and honestly is the only thing I’m excited about watching the rest of the year
- Hima played well for a guy who is still super raw
- Chris Bell might be our best shooter. I think he’ll be a big contributor down the stretch
- Joe is a Sixth-Man at best, shouldn’t be a starter, but is thrust into this role due to a lack of recruiting both HS players and the portal. Against athletic teams he’s going to struggle

Like you said, we have to make adjustments in game (which is crazy, I know)

Onto the next one. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We might as well have been playing Gonzaga or UNC we were overmatched big time they looked like a very good team to me. Shame to waste that effort of course JB couldn't draw up a decent play with ball at the end... again... I thought we'd lose by 10+ when they came back and took the lead.

Hope Benny keeps playing like that.

That one sucked. Damn, had a chance. Fun first half. Got up 11 in the second half then one team adjusted well.

The two possessions we had end of regulation… uhhh.

Lost our composure completely in OT.

I guessed Joe would be 5-15 and it was much worse. Yikes.

Asked Judah to do way way too much.

Again…. What was the plan from our coaching staff?

And color guy sucked!
We had a 10-point lead in the second-half against a team that looked like a Boeheim’s Army opponent and lost.

Running out of gas against a mediocre team is so painful to witness.

If JB isn’t going to play the bench when the team is gassed, c’est la vie.

Joe had a stinker. Is what it is. Missed FT was killer.

When Judah isn’t dead tired, he’s awesome.

Hima is a great backup C.

Benny had a decent game again.

Bell had zero boards.

Again, if we are likely a bubble team at best, this outcome isn’t crazy.

No Brown. No JT. No idea what’s going on with the bench.

This one is on coach. Why he rode joe is beyond belief. Joe was terrible on both ends of the court tonight. Huge negative
kid didnt have it and he stays with him. Truly amazing. Same with Bell. Not sure why Copeland wasnt in to help against pressure and Jims coaching down the stretch was non existant. Finally the end of game last shot mess. Coaching cost us this one.

As a coach, what I see is that Boeheim struggles to make adjustments. He refuses. SJU made the adjustments to take away Mintz and Girard for the second half on defense. And on offense they ran the baseline with a different player and used the dribble/drive. He has to be better. Point blank.

Missed 1 and 1 from Girard. He has to be the senior leader and finish those. FTs are his strength. We let a Q1 game get away.

They went to overtime last night?
We are better than Richmond but St. Johns is better than us. We need to steal the game. The final 9 seconds is critical. JB needs to cook up something. And I know he should not let JG3 touch the ball in that sequence. JG3 is bad and cancer to the team. Glad he will graduate this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom