Postgame Thoughts… St. John’s | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… St. John’s

Joe played like a big baby tonight. He was not engaged the entire night. We need a two guard that can do something besides shoot. Symir is not the answer either. Copeland and Taylor need some time at guard. Bell shows hope and Jesse needs to stop making stupid fouls to start games.

Young team not physically able to keep up. We will get stronger and learn. Joe G had a very bad night but that was mainly due to a quicker, stronger player shutting him down. If he makes a couple we win. Have to like the two centers and it was very entertaining.
in order to make a couple, he has to get open.

he wasn’t moving to get open.

if he’s too tired to move to get open, then take him out.

this is not a difficult equation when it comes to Joe. And hasn’t been for 3 years now, yet Jim refuses to change.

when Joe isn’t making shot, he’s a negative on the floor. He doesnt play D.

Who is going to take over for him? Are we just pretending last night didn’t happen? Without Joe this team will struggle to score anything. He pulled a defender all night and when he went out, sy and mintz couldn’t get anything going. He played like crap, but let’s not pretend this team is better without him
It all starts at the top. And we all know who that is.

I don’t think he fell apart as much as he ran out of gas. I don’t blame him at all for any mistakes he made at the end w the turnovers. His legs are jello
He and Benny ran out of steam.

Girard cut hard ONCE to a pass all game? His man was basically taking him out of the game and whoever was nearest joe as well because Joe was moving so little it allowed one to defend two. This was the worst performance for an SU starter I can ever remember. I mean ever.

Young team not physically able to keep up. We will get stronger and learn. Joe G had a very bad night but that was mainly due to a quicker, stronger player shutting him down. If he makes a couple we win. Have to like the two centers and it was very entertaining.
That’s like every team in the ACC.

If JB isn’t going to play the bench when the team is gassed, c’est la vie.

Joe had a stinker. Is what it is. Missed FT was killer.

When Judah isn’t dead tired, he’s awesome.

Hima is a great backup C.

Benny had a decent game again.

Bell had zero boards.

Again, if we are likely a bubble team at best, this outcome isn’t crazy.

No Brown. No JT. No idea what’s going on with the bench.
If there’s one factor that has strained my personal impression of JB, it is his absolute lack of developing viable bench depth.
The formula never changes: “6-men and a cloud of dust”, unless he’s absolutely, unequivocally, FORCED to adjust.
At this point I’m just numb…and soooo ready for a change.

Last edited:
2023/24

Copeland
Judah
Bell
Benny
Hima

Symir
Taylor
Brown

Need Bell to be a lights out shooter, and Judah and Taylor to become good from out there. Will be our biggest and most athletic team in years.

Can’t wait.

Joe was awful but it’s not solely on him

Jesse has to stop picking up soft fouls. It’s maddening.

Bell had ZERO rebounds. Again.

Sy is not playing well at all. I don’t know what he’s bringing to the team right now.

If we’re going to grind then we gotta give those guys a breather in the second half.

Joe was awful but it’s not solely on him

Jesse has to stop picking up soft fouls. It’s maddening.

Bell had ZERO rebounds. Again.

Sy is not playing well at all. I don’t know what he’s bringing to the team right now.

If we’re going to grind then we gotta give those guys a breather in the second half.
we all see Bell is basically Jimmy Jr, right?

We are better than Richmond but St. Johns is better than us. We need to steal the game. The final 9 seconds is critical. JB needs to cook up something. And I know he should not let JG3 touch the ball in that sequence. JG3 is bad and cancer to the team. Glad he will graduate this year.
St. John’s is NOT better than us. Joe sucked. Take his effort away and we win the game.

Based soley on the final possession of regulation the Orange did not deserve to win.
A busted play from the get go...but Symir has the ball and 4 other guys are just standing around.

2nd half...did anyone set any screens for Mintz to work off of?

whoever said Joe was shut down by a bigger more athletic player is correct. The problem is, that is just about everyone. Why does it seem like he doesn’t lift, run or do any training to get faster / stronger. He actually looks less athletic since he got to Cuse

Who is going to take over for him? Are we just pretending last night didn’t happen? Without Joe this team will struggle to score anything. He pulled a defender all night and when he went out, sy and mintz couldn’t get anything going. He played like crap, but let’s not pretend this team is better without him
Let's rely on a short out of shape slow 36% career shooter year after year. Great plan

whoever said Joe was shut down by a bigger more athletic player is correct. The problem is, that is just about everyone. Why does it seem like he doesn’t lift, run or do any training to get faster / stronger. He actually looks less athletic since he got to Cuse
Second sentence is brutally funny

We had a 10-point lead in the second-half against a team that looked like a Boeheim’s Army opponent and lost.

Running out of gas against a mediocre team is so painful to witness.

St. John's played such a terrible game, and escaped. Thankfully they don't let the people in the crowd keep all the basketballs thrown to them during a game.

Hey, I’m taking everything game by game. I understand where this team is but when I see an 11pt lead, I’m going to be hopeful we can hold on.

One coach got out coached badly in this one.
That one coach gets outcoached ALL the time. It’s infuriating as a fan. It really is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom