Postgame Thoughts… St. John’s | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… St. John’s

Good game with lots of ups and downs. I didn't like the loss but I see it as a real plus for the growth of this team. We would have played a much better game if Joe was never on the floor. Hard to say since he won last nights game for us but this was not his night and he hurt us over most of the game.

We had a 10-point lead in the second-half against a team that looked like a Boeheim’s Army opponent and lost.

Running out of gas against a mediocre team is so painful to witness.
Nobody blows double digit second half leads like Syracuse.

If JB isn’t going to play the bench when the team is gassed, c’est la vie.

Joe had a stinker. Is what it is. Missed FT was killer.

When Judah isn’t dead tired, he’s awesome.

Hima is a great backup C.

Benny had a decent game again.

Bell had zero boards.

Again, if we are likely a bubble team at best, this outcome isn’t crazy.

No Brown. No JT. No idea what’s going on with the bench.
JB don’t bench. JB don’t portal. JB don’t retire. JB don’t win.

We had a 10-point lead in the second-half against a team that looked like a Boeheim’s Army opponent and lost.

Running out of gas against a mediocre team is so painful to witness.
Hey, I’m taking everything game by game. I understand where this team is but when I see an 11pt lead, I’m going to be hopeful we can hold on.

One coach got out coached badly in this one.

We are better than Richmond but St. Johns is better than us. We need to steal the game. The final 9 seconds is critical. JB needs to cook up something. And I know he should not let JG3 touch the ball in that sequence. JG3 is bad and cancer to the team. Glad he will graduate this year.
Cancer to the team while being the only reason they beat a team they’re better than? Not sure I follow

We ran out of gas but I saw alot of good things to build on. This team is already way better than the team that lost to Colgate.
Young team not physically able to keep up. We will get stronger and learn. Joe G had a very bad night but that was mainly due to a quicker, stronger player shutting him down. If he makes a couple we win. Have to like the two centers and it was very entertaining.

Lots of positive developments in a few games. I think we’re going to be solid in a month. Hate to put this on one guy but Joe killed us tonight. Realistically we win if he plays just an average game. Judah, Bell, Benny all positives. If they keep getting better we could be dangerous. Team has the pieces, we’re just not there yet.

Mintz just fell apart at the end, unfortunately he needs to be the guy we rely on. Really bad loss honestly
Definitely looks like we need to have a 4th guard to spell Mintz. Joe is out of touch when playing a small, fast team

Buck stops with JB. We're not in shape yet for games on back to back nights (no matter what he says... it's obvious), and he just leaves guys out there to die in the 2nd half and OT.

Anyone see something from Copeland in the 1st half that said he couldn't provide some high energy minutes in the 2nd half? Give a starter some much needed rest?

It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Girard is soft. The big from both teams hit clutch free throws in OT but the automatic SG misses the front end. Soft. This team has talent but open your eyes and watch the Maui Invitational and these other teams. Cuse grinds out a win against Richmond and battles to a loss against St. John’s. We’re nowhere near the top 25 teams or teams on the bubble. It’s a joke how far we have fallen and how we celebrate wins against Richmond. We’re at rock bottom overall and I have no clue when/if it will change. We shouldn’t have to worry about games when the schedule reads Colgate, Richmond, St. John’s. I get the gap has closed a lot since a decade ago but the top teams aren’t sweating these games and are going 3-0.

Up 6 with 5 fouls on the red storm with 12 minutes to go and Judah stops driving, Why take the air out?
Judah needs 2 two minute breaks both halfs, and to stop going in motion after passing the ball away the rest of the season. It leads to turnovers/bad shots.
Copeland has to play as a second penetrator because he passes it right on target and over the defense.
Hima is a Man!!!!
Tough game by both teams, Happy Holidays!

I would have set some vicious picks to help Mintz. In the end only Jesse was helping Mintz break the ball handling pressure.
Was hard to watch. How about our coaches alert someone, anyone to help ball?

They go nowhere with Girard playing meaningful minutes. He's a mid major player who doesn't know it and turns us into a mid major. Mintz crumbled but he'll get better.
Who is going to take over for him? Are we just pretending last night didn’t happen? Without Joe this team will struggle to score anything. He pulled a defender all night and when he went out, sy and mintz couldn’t get anything going. He played like crap, but let’s not pretend this team is better without him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom