Postgame Thoughts... Clemson (game 2) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Clemson (game 2)

So Matt posted that we'd be 17-5 if Jesse/Kadary played more.

I think JB is just ribbing him a bit about the post.

I would give JB the benefit of the doubt on this.
Matty charts does come across as a know it all and has consistently gotten “sourced” stuff wrong on hoops and football. He also seems a tad bit soft so I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes this into something more than it needs to be.

I actually laughed out loud when my buddy sent me this
I saw it on Twitter and did the same. I don’t watch the press conferences but Gutierrez seems pretty good, but also he seems to be constantly questioning and not in an inquisitive way. One of those reporters who makes tons of assumptions. Reminds me a bit of the Boston sports guys who take a terrible phone call and 10 minutes later it becomes reality in their minds

Matty charts does come across as a know it all and has consistently gotten “sourced” stuff wrong on hoops and football. He also seems a tad bit soft so I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes this into something more than it needs to be.
If that wasn’t a joke then Matt Gutierrez should just write a troll article tomorrow.

Undertaker GIF by memecandy
C47FEB87-21B8-4DA0-8C09-890668D22BDF.gif

I saw it on Twitter and did the same. I don’t watch the press conferences but Gutierrez seems pretty good, but also he seems to be constantly questioning and not in an inquisitive way. One of those reporters who makes tons of assumptions. Reminds me a bit of the Boston sports guys who take a terrible phone call and 10 minutes later it becomes reality in their minds
I’ve stopped reading his stuff on The Athletic and unfollowed him on twitter a while ago. He doesn’t do anything great reporting wise and his opinions on hoops don’t mean a thing to me so I can do without his content.

It does seem as if he’s trying to get under JB’s skin sometimes, although if you go through his twitter he goes out of his way not to criticize Buddy. He’s not shy about throwing his opinions out there outside of that.

This was very funny

I’ve stopped reading his stuff on The Athletic and unfollowed him on twitter a while ago. He doesn’t do anything great reporting wise and his opinions on hoops don’t mean a thing to me so I can do without his content.

It does seem as if he’s trying to get under JB’s skin sometimes, although if you go through his twitter he goes out of his way not to criticize Buddy. He’s not shy about throwing his opinions out there outside of that.

This was very funny
I say good to all of this. We don’t need everyone to be soft.
Somebody has to be the Dan Shaughnessy. I Don’t want everyone to be Shank though.

I'll eat some crow. We shot 50% against a very good defensive clemson squad in the second half.
Bizarre game both teams shot 22.5% 25% first half and doubled to 50% and 45% the second half.
Rebounded took care of the ball. Good job all around, Great job by griff.

Last edited:
JB seems to be really bothered this season by things people are saying...I don't think its all bad but it seems like lately he feels the need to call out every little thing said about him. Its strange he cares so much...so many fans of other programs and media people say all kinds of stuff about their coaches/programs and you don't see them even giving it a thought. Idk if its the pressure he feels or what it is but he can't seem to help himself.

You take this shiz way too seriously bro

Ppl are more interested in the pressers than the games these days. It’s super weird to me.
Sometimes you can just laugh at things, cuz it’s simple and dumb. I thought this was kinda funny. It’s part of the reason I like JB.

Anyone can give monotone scripted PC answers.

When I’m 76, god willing, I’m going to be very offensive to 20 year olds.

Matthew has been nothing but negative.

If I were JB, I'd leave it alone. But I kinda get it.
JB gets soft coverage from the rest of the local media.
He should be able to deal with having one Dan Shaughnessy.

Matt may be negative but he never says anything personal and his questions are always fair.

JB is more disrespectful than Belichick who snorts at dumb negative questions and says nothing.

I didn’t get to see much but this team is just bizarre. If I saw that SU box score and nothing else I’d say we lost by 20
it’s funny because watching the game and looking at the box score...we should have won by 20+. Buddys 2-10 from 3 were all good open looks

OMFG why.
This is a joke.
The fans were right on Kadary.
Wanting him to play more. He has.

Let’s get the Pat reference for JB bingo.
A coach also has to look at the long run and player development. It may be that spoon feeding KR early in situations where he would have success, and not letting him fail, if it could be helped, was a long term strategy.
I don’t know if that was a thought, but worth considering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom