Postgame Thoughts... Duke | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Duke

I get motivation and all that...but that’s a pretty strong comment against them when we’ve seen plenty of guys dog it on D this year and try to score without comment
Yup. One of the stronger comments he’s made. Up there with the dead guy rebounding one. Though at least that didn’t question someone’s effort - just talent.

Bilas brought race into his take on that Bald man on campus show.

JB shouldn’t be talking about Johnson but Bilas owes JB a correction.
I don't think that part was directed at Boeheim. JB never mentioned a "camp" "posse" or "people in his ear". Bilas could have done a better job at saying that part of his opinion was not directed at Boeheim, but I didn't get the impression that it was.

Not sure about that. Obviously, let's hope our guys respond and we close this season with an unexpected 3 game win streak heading into the ACCT.
I hope he doesn’t but comments like that don’t help. I fear a total collapse coming on ala 2002.

The Johnson take just went on far too long on the air. Don’t care really if he agreed or disagreed with the decision, or the comments, whatever. Just dragged so long.

Did a media person say to Jim that Jay commented on his Johnson take?

And yes Bilas is always defending Jim’s wins. He hates the ncaa.
To be fair, there wasn't much going on the court that was too exciting.

We still have a decent record. Beat GT and we are in solid shape.

Tonight Duke played their best.

JB is a great coach for his career but this season has been abysmal. I don't think its an age thing either the guy is just making the wrong decision in nearly all facets.

Media people gotta love this though...seriously JB is the gift that keeps giving with all these takes. Its crazy he doesn't know how to handle this by now with all his experience. He's talked about more on a national stage because of the things that come out of his mouth then his actual team and his coaching.
He’s far too comfortable in his position. When you have no fear of getting fired, you say exactly what’s on your mind.

Where is the voice of reason here.. and honestly for Jim's own benefit?

I think Dasher's right, anyone looking for the admin to step in is gonna be disappointed. Wildhack is trying to figure out the fball team the bball team and now the lax team after that Dumpster fire yesterday. Personally I get the feeling JB wouldn't exactly take kindly to any public comments from John and I am a Wildhack fan. The chancellor probably has no idea what's happening and everytime we do hear from him he's apologizing for something or announcing some new inclusive plan or program.

I'm pretty calm, like I've been for many games this year. Deflated about this game, yes. I was fired up alllllll day. But whatever, I guess. Still only MONDAY!!
I’m not even a tiny bit surprised or upset about this loss. It’s just who we are now.

I‘ll be far more fired up about my sons game tomorrow night.

Jim needs to shut up. Seriously. Got trounced and is taking shots at the one national guy who’s steadfastly defended him for years.

Embarrassing. Shut up.

Minor Controversy: /about to die out

JB:
homerlighterfluid.gif

Most of this season I thought our pieces were better than the sum of those parts.

This game proved that I was wrong.

This program is haplessly mediocre, both the players and the coaches.

This ain’t getting better until we amp up recruiting X 10. And dramatically improve our offensive and defensive schemes and adjustments.
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln.

I’m not even a tiny bit surprised or upset about this loss. It’s just who we are now.

I‘ll be far more fired up about my sons game tomorrow night.
I'm not surprised either. And quite calm about it. But bummed, surely. Love Syracuse. Watch every game. It's what I do. Quite literally my passion. And this year I find myself needing these games during the week, badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom