Postgame Thoughts---Georgetown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts---Georgetown

Same. Nice to have “Syracuse” size and closer to Syracuse athleticism again. Blocking shots, dunking, and a PG who can get where ever he needs to on the court and create easy baskets - so nice to see it all.

Keeping in mind I only get maybe 3 games per year out here, the increase in athleticism over last year is by at least an order of magnitude. That was impressive.

The only lineup I would have liked to see was a little Symir+Judah around the 16-minute mark when up big in the second half for 2-3 minutes to try to stretch the lead with some running,penetration, and passing. A quick breather can light a fire under someone like Girard. Starter and 6th man, He's good enough to do both. He comes back in off the bench he absolutely drills that 3 in transition around the 6-minute mark.

Cant post anything today without saying Edwards.

The only lineup I would have liked to see was a little Symir+Judah around the 16-minute mark when up big in the second half for 2-3 minutes to try to stretch the lead with some running,penetration, and passing. A quick breather can light a fire under someone like Girard. Starter and 6th man, He's good enough to do both. He comes back in off the bench he absolutely drills that 3 in transition around the 6-minute mark.

Cant post anything today without saying Edwards.
If I’ve gotta gripe, 37 minutes for Joe today was nuts.

He had a great stretch when he came back in, in the first half. Maybe the best he’s played on both ends all year.

He got off to a bad start and didn’t really play well in the second half either.

Agreed with most of what was said. the obvious improvement of Mintz is really encouraging. JBA was outstanding on D.

going forward...if that’s our starting lineup, against better teams...JB needs a quicker hook for Bell, Benny, or Joe if they aren’t playing D out of the gate. We can’t go down 10+ like that.

but again, overall a great, great performance

If I’ve gotta gripe, 37 minutes for Joe today was nuts.

He had a great stretch when he came back in, in the first half. Maybe the best he’s played on both ends all year.

He got off to a bad start and didn’t really play well in the second half either.

To me the biggest difference between today and earlier this year is that the offense really wasn’t running through girard. Lots of real effort to run through Edwards (imo I think this is the main draw of ajok) and mintz. Girard is what he is, he needs to be an important part of the team, but diminishing how much the team is dependent on whether he’s on or off is a huge plus.

Also...

9 players, all at least 8 mins.
all had their moments.

it is possible. Don’t let anyone suggest otherwise
Taylor had a rough game, but yeah, we got really good minutes out of the bench overall and each guy brought something different.

Ajak only 2 assists though, gotta get better there. ;)

Taylor had a rough game, but yeah, we got really good minutes out of the bench overall and each guy brought something different.

Ajak only 2 assists though, gotta get better there. ;)
Taylor had a bandage on his r index finger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom