Postgame Thoughts---Georgetown | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts---Georgetown

To me the biggest difference between today and earlier this year is that the offense really wasn’t running through girard. Lots of real effort to run through Edwards (imo I think this is the main draw of ajok) and mintz. Girard is what he is, he needs to be an important part of the team, but diminishing how much the team is dependent on whether he’s on or off is a huge plus.
Definitely. We can be happy for what Joe brings to the team and also not need to completely rely on him having a good shooting night. Both things can be true.

Again the half time ceremony was a little blah. They need a hype man.

Only caught the second half. I’ll say this, that was the most enjoyable game watching experience in a long time.

I was dead wrong about playing JBA. Dead wrong. That dude is important, especially on D. I always talk about not focusing on aggregate stats and he’s a dude that encapsulates that. He sees the floor as a single entity and he plugs holes within the system. He’s like the wolf from pulp fiction.

A lot of guys played legit minutes.

Mintz is getting better (not perfect). More trusting teammates, more passing.

Jesse is awesome.

Benny can be good (he’s engaged/disengaged too easily still, but he has good days that should become more frequent).

Think JT will get there.

There will be times we will get a JGIII en fuego 5-10 mins and it will be fantatstic.

Credit to JB. Bunch of guys played. JBA is a dude. Mintz looks significantly better passing.

Still think we’re a bubble team, but you can *see* the good version if things come together and we can be consistent.

Still expect some frustrating losses, but we can’t let them spiral into losing streaks.

One at a time. Let’s keep the winning going.

Never thought I would say Jon Bol is a player. But he is.
Team passing is getting better game by game.
Any win over Georgetown is a great win!
Very enjoyable game after the first 8 minutes.
I like your comment on team passing. Only 7 TO's today. The movement and passing led to an interior layup jam drill.

Georgetown never solved the 2-3, either.

What we saw...the difference between a tavern league zone and a zone that looked like it was attacking! Forwards generally were recovering well and dropping into the paint when the center had to cover the post.

You were great until the last line. Critics are not haters. Credit has been given where due. Why gaslight??
Gaslighting is lying. That was pure snark. I've been listening to the same crap from Boeheim haters since the internet went public, or through 1000+ wins and an NC. Please don't tell that half the criticism is the least bit objective.

Gaslighting is lying. That was pure snark. I've been listening to the same crap from Boeheim haters since the internet went public, or through 1000+ wins and an NC. Please don't tell that half the criticism is the least bit objective.
We’re 6-4 with losses to Colgate and Bryant at home.

Most of the criticism this year has been objective.

Some isn’t.

I actually think it was good we took a punch early, came back, and took control.

It could have been a really bad day but we played through it and hung in there.
We went from 12 down to 11 up in 20 minutes.

Yep - still not sure why JB can’t find some time for Maliq. These next few games there is NO excuse.
For the same reason that Copeland and Carey aren't playing. We had a 9 man rotation today. Most teams aren't going deeper than that. We played a three man rotation in the backcourt, two guys in the middle, two guys at the 3, and two at the 4. Maliq looked good in his last outing against the scrubs, and I like his potential a whole lot, but right now the coaches feel...based upon practice as well as game performance...that he has guys ahead of him. His time will come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom