Postgame Thoughts... Illinois | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Illinois

A little over a week ago I laughed at my brother in law who is a Georgetown grad and said they lost to American, I’ll bet ya strait up we win, so I put a dinner at turning stone steak house for him and my sister and $100 on it. I am immediately regretting my choice.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Tony Bennett was our coach, he could turn this roster into a tourney team.
Remember, Virginia didn’t really want Taylor and our fan base is clamoring for more playing time.

Will we? I am not 100% sure. Will we have better games? Sure I assume JG will go off a couple of game but that doesn't me we are better.
i was about to write a post suggesting surely the freshman will get better and we’ll get more confidence...then I remembered thinking we’d see Benny turn it on by the end of last year...I don’t know if it will happen. You might be right

There is no doubt in my mind that if Tony Bennett was our coach, he could turn this roster into a tourney team.
I wouldn't go that far but I would love to have Bennett coach the team next year. I hope JB calls it a career after this year and rides into the sunset with Julie. Illinois lost their whole team this year and is a top 20 team due to hitting the transfer market hard. Most teams are doing that and SU needs to do exactly that.

I believe Fran Fraschilla (sp?) said we don't have the talent to compete in the ACC about 3 times in the 2nd half. It was a pretty brutal assessment of the program on national tv.

Ugh.
He’s correct. Jesse is our only ACC caliber player and he’s limited.

This is such a young team. They would have benefited from an overseas trip in July/August like we did one other year.

i was about to write a post suggesting surely the freshman will get better and we’ll get more confidence...then I remembered thinking we’d see Benny turn it on by the end of last year...I don’t know if it will happen. You might be right

That would require coaching and development I don't think we can can't on that anymore. Just like with Benny the freshman will flash from game to game but because they aren't getting coached properly they will not be consistent with their play.

The biggest problem with the Freshmen is that they are Freshmen. We've seen some good things from Judah, JT and Bell. Just not on a consistent basis and not every game. Hopefully Copeland gives us some good minutes as well.

Benny is doing so many more things than a year ago. Hima is better than most people expected.

What these performances are basically doing is setting the stage for a total cleansing of the program.
I’ll stick by my prediction that a monumental face-plant of a season, will finally force both JW & JB’s hand. And more importantly, it’ll allow for a fresh start w/ a new coach, new philosophies, and new tactics.
Father Time is undefeated. It simply is time for a change. JMHO

Not sure why your down on Benny...he plays hard and is much improved ...goes after every rebound and lose ball ...at least he hustles and his shot is getting better...Boeheim screwed up by not going to the portal for shooters instead claiming this is his best ever recruitng class...his arrogance is sickening!

The worst part is most of us saw this coming over 5 years ago. Now it’s just how long he will hold on to determine the size of the whole we have to climb out of because it’s already pretty large. This is a last place ACC team

The biggest problem with the Freshmen is that they are Freshmen. We've seen some good things from Judah, JT and Bell. Just not on a consistent basis and not every game. Hopefully Copeland gives us some good minutes as well.

Benny is doing so many more things than a year ago. Hima is better than most people expected.
I understand they are freshman. We havent seen a freshman get noticeably better throughout the year in awhile. Im questioning the coaching/training.

im specifically talking about Benny last year...when he was a freshman

What these performances are basically doing is setting the stage for a total cleansing of the program.
I’ll stick by my prediction that a monumental face-plant of a season, will finally force both JW & JB’s hand. And more importantly, it’ll allow for a fresh start w/ a new coach, new philosophies, and new tactics.

Please please please just don't go the cheap way and hire from within. It needs a total purge

You have a 47-year coach who has just had three of his worst losses in history (two mid-majors and a B1G blowout). As frustrating as it must be, if JAB wants one more season, I think the school honors his request.

The movie's over. We're watching the post credits scene.

And it's not a good one. We regret waiting through the credits for it.
Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

Uhhhh no way.

If he doesn't learn to pass the ball and continues to drive and get stuffed he'll end up just like Carey.
He needs to act like a point guard, this isn't a one man team.
If he continues his selfish play, maybe we don't win 10 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom