Postgame Thoughts... Illinois | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Illinois

Please please please just don't go the cheap way and hire from within. It needs a total purge
A bad enough season will likely prevent that from happening. The assistant coaches haven’t exactly shone brightly in the areas of recruiting, conditioning, and basic fundamentals of basketball.
That’s even more reason to scrap the entire system and start fresh. At some point it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

If he doesn't learn to pass the ball and continues to drive and get stuffed he'll end up just like Carey.
He needs to act like a point guard, this isn't a one man team.
If he continues his selfish play, maybe we don't win 10 games.
This is all over the place.

I understand they are freshman. We havent seen a freshman get noticeably better throughout the year in awhile. Im questioning the coaching/training.

im specifically talking about Benny last year...when he was a freshman
Ok. I think the best way for the freshmen this year to improve is to do so as a unit. Hopefully they surprise us all.

One of the biggest issues is the inconsistencies from game to game. It's tough when a guy like JG3 goes off for 31 and then can't hit the side of the barn and Judah is playing like a raw freshman. And we haven't seen the Symir that we saw at the end of last season. Obviously JAB wanted to reward Bell, JT and JBA with more PT tonight.

No question there will be a million potholes but please let us beat Georgetown.
JBA should not play over Brown. We stink give the Frosh minutes.

You have a 47-year coach who has just had three of his worst losses in history (two mid-majors and a B1G blowout). As frustrating as it must be, if JAB wants one more season, I think the school honors his request.
At this point that would count as progress. At least we’d have an end in sight, and not this continuation of the same interminable movie.

You’re not going to get players from the portal if Red or GMAC is the coach. Who goes somewhere when they have nothing to go by with regards to the coach? You need to find a proven coach.

I think Boeheim is retiring after this year but refuses to announce it. I hope someone leaks it so he can go out a little better than this. Because if people don’t know it’s his last, it’s gonna be a morgue in the Dome.
I think the fans are feeling it. 36,000 in the Dome March 4 vs. Wake, JB's last home game.

This team from JB to the players seems super disjointed.

The rotations seem all over the place.

I dunno.

I can go on about Judahs bad game or Joe being MIA, but it’s trying to diagnose the symptoms and not the disease.

Honestly, I’m slowly shifting from anger to apathy and it just being sad.
I particularly was impressed with the one where JB had Jon Bol and Symir in together so he could play 3 on 5 on the offensive end. I realize some of these bad rotations are the result of foul trouble. But sometime its just JB getting frustrated and searching. He went back to this crazy set a couple of times. Had no chance of scoring.

I did not expect to win. Honestly did not expect it to be close either, so result wasn't surprising. Sad to say.

Think it's pretty clear JB has no clue how to handle the rotations on this team. I do appreciate subbing in guards (no comment about Joe outside of yikes... yikes). I don't understand the JBA minutes (and I love him, the ENFORCER).

I like Taylor a lot. Definitely a player I want to see more of. Smooth jumper, composed player.

We are asking Judah to do so much. Way too much. Loved his dunk though. That's the athleticism we clearly had been lacking. Hopefully he can become a threat to shoot outside the paint because for this team it will be critical and for his own ceiling, it will be critical.

Jesse had a tough time navigating inside tonight, but he certainly was battling down there. Again, we ask so much of him. So sick of seeing such soft foul calls too.

3-4. Not ideal.
I’m not sure what sport judah was playing but it wasn’t basketball . And it’s not asking too much to not play like a certified moron

I particularly was impressed with the one where JB had Jon Bol and Symir in together so he could play 3 on 5 on the offensive end. I realize some of these bad rotations are the result of foul trouble. But sometime its just JB getting frustrated and searching. He went back to this crazy set a couple of times. Had no chance of scoring.
You may have over counted. I think Joe was in there also making in 2 on 5.

Get used to being abused this season. We're going to see this against every team in top 6 of the ACC.

Joe played the 1 last year and was shooting 40% from 3 on the right side. He's at about 15% at sg. He also had 4 scorers around him though, and with Judah and Symir he can't pound the ball. Bell has been awesome, and Taylor reminds me a lot of Lydon just give him a year. Judah and Benny are doing all tehy can.

You’re not going to get players from the portal if Red or GMAC is the coach. Who goes somewhere when they have nothing to go by with regards to the coach? You need to find a proven coach.
Schyer, Hubert Davis, and Tommy Lloyd all say hello.

Do I think Red or Gmac would be as good of a coach? Probably not. But you don’t need to be proven to hit the portal. You need to be able to sell play style and recruit aggressively. Need to sell the future state of the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom