Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts: It's 1:34, and...

I'm soo jacked up right now!! Haven't felt like this in a while, and of course the opponent makes it that much better. Sooo happy for JJ, Hima and Cope! Where will the Cope follow, land on SC top 10?? Can't believe I have to go to Home Depot right now, people are going to think I'm on crazy pills

the defense was stifling. if not for some of the softest calls I have ever seen in the 2nd half and some offensive putbacks...gtown had nothing.

and it can still get better...some breakdowns that can be cleaned up.

Taylor doesnt offer much on offense against p5 teams...cant get any separation...but his defense is solid.

would like to see the team find a way to get him some open looks. it doesnt seem like it will happen on its own.

Probably the most fun I’ve had watching a game since the UVA comeback. Reminded me of the 2010-2012 years where we got a lead and buried them at the end of the game with highlight dunks. Fantastic. Im getting lit at the Christmas party tonight.

Red did a nice job with the clock the final three minutes. He really spread the floor and let his guys run clock and then attack the basket. Hima was a big factor in the second half. When they lock in, they can play some decent defense. They have to know that when someone drives, Hima is going to go for the block and someone needs to drop down to help the helper( Hima). The opposite corner guy has to drop. Bell watched on three occasions.

The talent is starting to show through now that they are listening to the coaches.

Interior D is still shaky potatoes.

If they can focus for each and every possession they can do damage against good teams. But the mental lapses and dumb turnovers are going to really hurt against better teams.

Still not sure why we aren’t laying bodies on people to set screens.

Hima can help this team. He flashes and can pass a little. We saw a little more cutting today. Red can show the film to show what happens when you cut. We still need more, but it’s a start.
Where has he been?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom