Postgame Thoughts... Pitt game 2 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Pitt game 2

I know we keep hanging our hat on that offensive efficiency ranking, which always seemed soft to me in terms of predicting the future...

19-63 from the field tonight.

6-31 from three.

9-16 from the line.

9 assists to 10 turnovers.

I'm seeing that and all I can think is, we gotta make shots. Otherwise, we were pretty good tonight, eh?

First time in nearly 40 years I didn’t make an effort to watch. Here’s a perfect microcosm of where we are it. Wife has control of remote, I wake up from napping on couch, ask her to turn on game. It’s somewhere in second half. Jimmy is trying to back down defender. He looses ball, they come down hit 3 to go up 7 (I think). I told her to watch whatever she wants and i closed my eyes again.

I might go rest of year without watching.

Thinking about it from the perspective of a non-SU fan….we’re 8-10 with the coach’s two sons leading the team in minutes and shots. The blue chip recruit you just brought in rides the pine.

I dunno. Kind of wild.

Insomnia cookies has a classic red velvet, vegan red velvet, delux red velvet, red velvet cookie butter, red velvet minis, and red velvet sprinkles. Insomnia is the only reason I’ll be heading up to the hill.
Cause I’m a chunker!

Poor Jimmy. By the last 5 minutes he couldn't even run down the court without tripping. Jimmy and Joe are melting under the pressure. Its as ugly as ive ever seen.
Buddy was so tired at the last TO he could barely make it to the bench. Imagine a young feller like that getting tired.

First time in nearly 40 years I didn’t make an effort to watch. Here’s a perfect microcosm of where we are it. Wife has control of remote, I wake up from napping on couch, ask her to turn on game. It’s somewhere in second half. Jimmy is trying to back down defender. He looses ball, they come down hit 3 to go up 7 (I think). I told her to watch whatever she wants and i closed my eyes again.

I might go rest of year without watching.
You were better off going back to sleep. Nightmares are more pleasant than watching Syracuse basketball.

It’s funny….I had the same thought tonight watching other packed arenas tonight. At some point somebody had to to realize the shittyyyy attendance isn’t all Covid related.
Don’t forget: 1) No students on campus all month. 2) Much stricter COVID protocols than other states and other schools.

The assistants have no say other than helping with practice. JB knows everything in game hence why he is the only coach in America that never talks to his assistants during a game. The ego is insane

So let's think about that for a second.

In light of that, there are two conclusions: either they aren't worthy of being consulted, or they are so easily steamrolled that they aren't good enough leaders to do what's needed in the face of adversity.

Either way, it speaks volumes about how woefully unqualified either of the two AC's are to fill JB's shoes.

And apologies, bulldog, because I know you're close to the situation.

So let's think about that for a second.

In light of that, there are two conclusions: either they aren't worthy of being consulted, or they are so easily steamrolled that they aren't good enough leaders to do what's needed in the face of adversity.

Either way, it speaks volumes about how woefully unqualified either of the two AC's are to fill JB's shoes.

And apologies, bulldog, because I know you're close to the situation.
Or they are good at what they do but are not in charge and follow their bosses decisions. It happens every day in life.

Actual legit downside. My friend informed me that the post standard came up to us towards the end of the game and asked our names. Before we could say anything back he was gone.

Or they are good at what they do but are not in charge and follow their bosses decisions. It happens every day in life.

Even the best leaders get overruled all the time. That's what happens when hierarchical dynamics are at play.

But there's a big difference between "not in charge" and "not consulted at all during games" / "have no input on the strategic direction of the program."

At some point, the rationalization needs to stop, and the recognition needs to set in that the current ACs are part of the problem, and have contributed to the dysfunction in multiple ways.

Insomnia cookies has a classic red velvet, vegan red velvet, delux red velvet, red velvet cookie butter, red velvet minis, and red velvet sprinkles. Insomnia is the only reason I’ll be heading up to the hill.
Cause I’m a chunker!
See! You’re coming around. Now tell us your favorite sub shops, Bjorn!

Even the best leaders get overruled all the time. That's what happens when hierarchical dynamics are at play.

But there's a big difference between "not in charge" and "not consulted at all during games."

At some point, the rationalization needs to stop, and the recognition needs to set in that the current ACs are part of the problem, and have contributed to the dysfunction in multiple ways.

JB has never huddled with or consulted with his assistants during a timeout. Not Hop, not Murphy, not Weaver, not Fine. He’s just never done it. I did see once in a great while Hop would walk past him and say something to him. But that’s it. Has nothing to do with the current assistants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom