Postgame thoughts.. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts..

Another clown post. As it’s been mentioned above, He had a choice to play Buddy, Alan or Woody. Alan was out of the question after he got a carrying violation being guarded by air. Woody could have come in but he missed a few defensive rotations earlier and most likely JB doesn’t trust him in crunch time mins just yet so he went with the player who had been in our system for three years and who can get hot in a matter of seconds. He made the right call because that lineup played the rest of the game and won it for us. It’s the same BS comments from the same BS posters who clearly have an axe to grind with JB. None of you were anywhere to be seen after Saturday’s game but the first chance you can to attack Buddy or JB you pounce on it even after we won with pathetic comments that show you don’t have any idea what your talking about. Going forward I won’t be responding anymore to you trolls because I’ve come to realize you clearly have an agenda and no matter what happens you’ll continue to be trolls.
Puhleeze, you're projecting. The only "clown" here is the one who runs away because he refuses to address several issues in a post, but rather makes ad hominem attacks while selectively dissecting said post, in order to compensate for a lack of intellectual honesty.
There is a tendency on this board to condemn outright any attempt to discuss an issue, if that discussion contains any criticism of JB, and/or his coaching philosophy. I've posted on this and other forums associated with this particular gathering of SU fandom for damn near 2 decades, and far as I can recall, not once have I ever attacked another poster simply for a difference of opinion, especially in regards to JB. I also don't feel it should be a prerequisite, but unfortunately, it appears to be a requirement, that before anyone can post ANY criticism of JB, they first have to declare their bonafides, their undying fan cred, in order to pacify insecure posters like yourself that they are not bringing forth an "agenda".
As I have declared in numerous posts before this one, my issue w/ JB is NOT one game, or ONE sub pattern, in one season. Maybe I'm naïve but despite being a big fan, I've ALWAYS hated that he, IMO, plays his starters mega-minutes, rarely develops a workable bench, & any talent notwithstanding, stubbornly refuses to bend unless absolutely forced to do so. Those are called pet peeves, and last I checked, pet peeves are not evidence of some sprawling agenda, so get over yourself.
Also, last I checked, the airing of grievances is not only appropriate in this season of Festivus, but is also the reason we have message boards. But I digress...
Particularly in the last 2 seasons, JB, again IMO, has played Buddy and JG3 for far too many minutes. And what get's my goat is that this year we appear to have the horses to NOT need to have that happen again. Yet were it not for a Covid quarantine of Buddy, and the injury to Sidibe, we likely would not have seen early the great potential of a Woody or even Kadary, & why? Because Buddy and JG3 would be playing 36 mins a game, which under ANY circumstance, again IMO, is unnecessary and stupid.
But I do give you credit for not hiding behind some passive-aggressive grammatical BS in voicing your misguided opinions, and allowing yourself to be exposed via the apparent nonsensical and insecure post you've presented here. And though I refuse to call it a clown post or anything as sophomoric as that, I will stipulate that I don't see it as part of some wide-ranging "agenda" at play. I just think you're wrong- and apparently unlike you, my fandom is not threatened by that fact. JMHO

Last edited:
Brycen already has two DNPs in the first 6 games, and he's only averaging 10 mpg when he does play. He has made one 3-pt basket on the season, and he's delivered a grand total of 2 assists against 4 turnovers.

In 6 games played for Rhode Island, Jalen has played 141 minutes... and he has 2 assists against 13 turnovers. And in that same 141 minutes (as you've pointed out), Jalen has made a grand total of... 0 made 3-pt baskets.

For both guys, those stats are... not good. And although it's been reported that Brycen's decision to leave surprised the staff, in Jalen's case his performance so far this year helps explain why JB and the staff made the switch away from him at point guard. (And why they probably concluded there wasn't a promising future for him off the ball, either.)

I'm amazed that last year's narrative about JB being incompetent for refusing to play the bench has continued into this season. The dedication is impressive, really.

Are the new guys better? You've been watching, right?

Are the new guys better? You've been watching, right?
I sure have been watching, buddy! I definitely think the new guys are better (and so does JB, I’m pretty sure). That was the point of my post.

Can I infer from your snarky reply that you also agree that Kadary & Woody > Brycen & Jalen & Howard? That’s awesome if that’s the case!

I sure have been watching, buddy! I definitely think the new guys are better (and so does JB, I’m pretty sure). That was the point of my post.

Can I infer from your snarky reply that you also agree that Kadary & Woody > Brycen & Jalen & Howard? That’s awesome if that’s the case!

I think Carey could have been a good, serviceable guard.

But yes, Kadary and Woody are both better than the other guys for sure, and better than "real Carey", not his potential.

So, should Buddy have played 34 minutes when he went 1-12?

Should Buddy be playing the bottom of the zone in the second half of a close game instead of an adequate defender / rebounder?

Should we maybe have played just one of our real centers for, say, 5 minutes of the game?

Last edited:
um nah...he killed it i his last game against UNC...big body on thaat squad looked like he was about to cry at the end of that one

Oh I see, so one game makes a player

Puhleeze, you're projecting. The only "clown" here is the one who runs away because he refuses to address several issues in a post, but rather makes ad hominem attacks while selectively dissecting said post, in order to compensate for a lack of intellectual honesty.
There is a tendency on this board to condemn outright any attempt to discuss an issue, if that discussion contains any criticism of JB, and/or his coaching philosophy. I've posted on this and other forums associated with this particular gathering of SU fandom for damn near 2 decades, and far as I can recall, not once have I ever attacked another poster simply for a difference of opinion, especially in regards to JB. I also don't feel it should be a prerequisite, but unfortunately, it appears to be a requirement, that before anyone can post ANY criticism of JB, they first have to declare their bonafides, their undying fan cred, in order to pacify insecure posters like yourself that they are not bringing forth an "agenda".
As I have declared in numerous posts before this one, my issue w/ JB is NOT one game, or ONE sub pattern, in one season. Maybe I'm naïve but despite being a big fan, I've ALWAYS hated that he, IMO, plays his starters mega-minutes, rarely develops a workable bench, & any talent notwithstanding, stubbornly refuses to bend unless absolutely forced to do so. Those are called pet peeves, and last I checked, pet peeves are not evidence of some sprawling agenda, so get over yourself.
Also, last I checked, the airing of grievances is not only appropriate in this season of Festivus, but is also the reason we have message boards. But I digress...
Particularly in the last 2 seasons, JB, again IMO, has played Buddy and JG3 for far too many minutes. And what get's my goat is that this year we appear to have the horses to NOT need to have that happen again. Yet were it not for a Covid quarantine of Buddy, and the injury to Sidibe, we likely would not have seen early the great potential of a Woody or even Kadary, & why? Because Buddy and JG3 would be playing 36 mins a game, which under ANY circumstance, again IMO, is unnecessary and stupid.
But I do give you credit for not hiding behind some passive-aggressive grammatical BS in voicing your misguided opinions, and allowing yourself to be exposed via the apparent nonsensical and insecure post you've presented here. And though I refuse to call it a clown post or anything as sophomoric as that, I will stipulate that I don't see it as part of some wide-ranging "agenda" at play. I just think you're wrong- and apparently unlike you, my fandom is not threatened by that fact. JMHO

Honestly, this post pretty much put me to sleep. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

And no one attacked you, I said it was a clown post which it was. Keep accusing the hall of fame coach of nepotism and keep whining about buddy’s or Joe’s playing time, but sure no way you have an agenda. And it’s funny because I actually do think Buddy should play less minutes than he does, but I’m certainly not going to whine about that in regards to yesterday’s game after that lineup brought home the W. Also, What are you talking about, my fandom is threatened by fact?? A big swing and a miss by you, enjoy the rest of your night.

One of the most insane things ive ever heard. So any shot make or miss is creating offense? What does it mean?!
Go read SWC’s JB show recap he gets even more specific about it.

One of the most insane things ive ever heard. So any shot make or miss is creating offense? What does it mean?!
I agree with this. What a weird comment. I’ve never heard someone say this before, in any context.

Last year’s bench is most definitely not this year’s bench, I agree with that statement 100%. Which makes it all the more funny to me that some people are still referencing JB’s reluctance to go very deep into the bench last year. I would have thought that the fact that the guys that left are not really doing anything at their new schools - combined with the fact that JB is playing two freshmen some meaningful minutes this year - that people would realize that it wasn’t really about anything other than Boeheim trying to win games.

You wanted to see either Woody or Bras when JB pulled Griffin with 9:40 to play. That’s fair, I understand why you think that. But don’t you think it’s also fair to point out that a) JB’s decision ultimately worked, and b) Buddy at the 3 on defense didn’t hurt us at all?

I think that JB made the decision to go with Buddy (a Junior with a lot more experience) over Woody (a freshman playing in just his 5th college game), and I think it’s reasonable to understand why he made that choice. I don’t think Braswell was really in consideration at all, since he hadn’t played up to that point. (Most coaches probably wouldn’t have played Braswell in that situation.)
It's not just last year. Though the departure of 3 guards, one of whom freaked the staff the epphh out by his departure, shines a spotlight on the trend.

Brycen already has two DNPs in the first 6 games, and he's only averaging 10 mpg when he does play. He has made one 3-pt basket on the season, and he's delivered a grand total of 2 assists against 4 turnovers.

In 6 games played for Rhode Island, Jalen has played 141 minutes... and he has 2 assists against 13 turnovers. And in that same 141 minutes (as you've pointed out), Jalen has made a grand total of... 0 made 3-pt baskets.

For both guys, those stats are... not good. And although it's been reported that Brycen's decision to leave surprised the staff, in Jalen's case his performance so far this year helps explain why JB and the staff made the switch away from him at point guard. (And why they probably concluded there wasn't a promising future for him off the ball, either.)

I'm amazed that last year's narrative about JB being incompetent for refusing to play the bench has continued into this season. The dedication is impressive, really.
I can’t agree with this enough. It’s crazy to me people are bringing up the three transfers from last year. Those guys rode the pine because they weren’t very good. Maybe Kadary doesn’t come here if they all stay. IMO I much rather have Kadary over all 3.

Honestly, this post pretty much put me to sleep. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

And no one attacked you, I said it was a clown post which it was. Keep accusing the hall of fame coach of nepotism and keep whining about buddy’s or Joe’s playing time, but sure no way you have an agenda. And it’s funny because I actually do think Buddy should play less minutes than he does, but I’m certainly not going to whine about that in regards to yesterday’s game after that lineup brought home the W. Also, What are you talking about, my fandom is threatened by fact?? A big swing and a miss by you, enjoy the rest of your night.
Oh, my bad- i thought you’d slunk off into that void where you’re able to read minds and prejudge what others post, based only upon your own misguided perceptions.
Seriously, you continue to misinterpret and misrepresent, rather snarkily i might add, rather than address the issue at hand.
So on the one hand you agree Buddy/JG3 should not play so many minutes, but on the other it’s smacks of nepotism when someone points that out? Pick a lane, any lane?
Again, you’re attempting to interject, yes- your own insecurities, into a simple exchange of opinions, by reading more into it than necessary. And, also yes, you paint a broad brush in your flailing attempts to explain your own inadequacy.
It’s not about nepotism, or a lack of appropriate fandom, as sorely determined by you. It’s an exchange of differing opinions w/out being dismissive- disagreeing w/out being disagreeable.
And here’s a thought- you might wanna stop w/ the “I’ll be leaving now” posts, and then responding immediately afterwards. Makes you look like an idiot. Not saying you are one...just that you look like one. Capiche?

Last edited:
Oh, my bad- i thought you’d slunk off into that void where you’re able to read minds and prejudge what others post, based only upon your own misguided perceptions.
Seriously, you continue to misinterpret and misrepresent, rather snarkily i might add, rather than address the issue at hand.
So on the one hand you agree Buddy/JG3 should not play so many minutes, but on the other it’s smacks of nepotism when someone points that out? Pick a lane, any lane?
Again, you’re attempting to interject, yes- your own insecurities, into a simple exchange of opinions, by reading more into it than necessary. And, also yes, you paint a broad brush in your flailing attempts to explain your own inadequacy.
It’s not about nepotism, or a lack of appropriate fandom, as sorely determined by you. It’s an exchange of differing opinions w/out being dismissive- disagreeing w/out being disagreeable.
And here’s a thought, Nostradamus- you might wanna stop w/ the “I’ll be leaving now” posts, and then responding immediately afterwards. Makes you look like an idiot. Not saying you are one...just that you look like one. Capiche?
Again, why not just get to the point instead of rambling. Your the one typing out essays trying to diagnose me as insecure for calling out BS spewing out of certain posters who have an agenda. Same story, different thread. You really cut me deep on this one, not sure how I’ll sleep.

Again, why not just get to the point instead of rambling. Your the one typing out essays trying to diagnose me as insecure for calling out BS spewing out of certain posters who have an agenda. Same story, different thread. You really cut me deep on this one, not sure how I’ll sleep.
Dude, it’s not personal. Why are your babbling responses only supplementing the perception you’re continuing to give off? I could care less whether you can sleep or not- and the “you really cut me deep” part is just kinda creepy.
So now you’re a writing critic, and don’t like HOW i make my point? Wft?
Look, you think criticism of JB, apparently from any poster, is based sorely on a nepotism agenda. I think you’re wrong, and rather than accuse you, or question the motives behind your opinion, I call it out for the misguided drivel it is. Period.
But maybe your right- go get some sleep. Seems like you need it. SMDH

Clearly a shot is better than a turnover but just an odd thing to say. There is a phrase out there “just get it to the rim” and let your athletic bigs handle it but in this context I don’t think it applies that well.

So, should Buddy have played 34 minutes when he went 1-12?

Should Buddy be playing the bottom of the zone in the second half of a close game instead of an adequate defender / rebounder?

Should we maybe have played just one of our real centers for, say, 5 minutes of the game?
I probably would have played Buddy less, if that’s what you’re asking. And it was definitely a risk to play him at the bottom of the zone for the final 9:40 once Griffin got the hook. But I’m guessing that since Northeastern is a relatively poor rebounding team, and since we have rebounded the ball better this year than in quite some time - JB initially went with Buddy, and then stayed with that lineup since it worked. (We went from down 3 to up 3 in just a little over 2 minutes.)

Would JB take that same risk against North Carolina or Florida State? Probably not would be my guess. But if he did - and if we then took the lead and ultimately won the game - I promise you, I would not be upset (even though it’s not the decision that I would have made).

It's not just last year. Though the departure of 3 guards, one of whom freaked the staff the epphh out by his departure, shines a spotlight on the trend.
I hear you, but I still think it’s silly to specifically reference last year’s lineup choices in a thread about postgame thoughts after the Northeastern game.

I also think that if you go back about 5 years and look at the 2018-19 season/roster, and 2017-18, and 2016-17 before that - those teams did not really have promising bench depth that wasn’t getting a chance to play. JB relied pretty heavily on his starters in those years, but those teams were thin for other reasons, in my opinion.

You don’t know that. That’s your opinion not based on fact. You can criticize the decision all you want but once we took AG out, the lineup in there won us the game.
Its an opinion like 99% of all post.

Oh I see, so one game makes a player
no not at all...BUT it wasnt just 1 game it was the last 5-6 games of last season...he really seemed to turn the corner...

besdies UNC is one of those teams that absolutely DOMINATES SU over the past few seasons...so it was HUGE for that to happen, even if it was only 1 game...

It’s really too bad we weren’t able to cancel the Buffalo game and line up the measuring stick game against Villanova on National TV in NYC.
Every cancellation I am going to comeback to this post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom