Postgame thoughts.. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts..

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing, "Well, what other option does JB have on the bench other than having to play Buddy"? Last year we were told HoWash, Goodine, even Braswell before he got hurt, were simply "not ready", so thats why Buddy needed to play 38 mins per game. Fair enough.
However, those guys bailed after getting the clear message that PT was NOT happening in this rotation, and Bras almost did as well. This year we're getting the "same isht, different day" treatment and are again hearing justifications for why Buddy "needed" to play, despite shooting like regurgitated horse manure. And this year, there are OBVIOUS alternatives on the team.
Again, I'm not drinking the nepotism Kool-Aid quite yet, and I'm just as upset by JG3's extended PT as well. But its getting kinda ludicrous to keep having this same conversation about short benches and substitution patterns. Just sayin...

Goodine is currently 11th in minutes played at Providence. He can’t get on the floor there either.

Jalen is at least playing but he hasn’t hit a 3 yet and he’s averaging like 0.3 assists per game or something ridiculous. He’s not a PG and he’s not a shooter. He basically has to be on a team that plays a bunch of guards at the same time.

Those really weren’t losses for us.

Buddy blew last night he was terrible. He brought nothing but negatives all night. He needed to sit.

Yeah, I said that. Problem is, Griffin stunk too.

I KNEW IT WAS COMING!!! Buttery soft misses - the misses are just like passes!

I've been dying for this!

I mean, I love spacing, huge fan, but misses so soft and sweet they're just like passes are my favorite! Ohhhh, it's almost here and it's been years since I've heard it!

I’ll agree this is an dumb comment. Can’t believe JB would say this.

I’ll agree this is an dumb comment. Can’t believe JB would say this.

Maybe a little bit of coaching along the lines of ...

"How about the guys who can't put the ball in the ocean maybe start passing it to
those who are shooting over 50%, or even 60%, from the field."

And sorry coach, rocks off the rim do not count as creating offense. That means
Braswell is having a good effect on the offense then? And Carey/Goodine did last
year?

Ba dum bum bum.

Kev

Goodine is currently 11th in minutes played at Providence. He can’t get on the floor there either.

Jalen is at least playing but he hasn’t hit a 3 yet and he’s averaging like 0.3 assists per game or something ridiculous. He’s not a PG and he’s not a shooter. He basically has to be on a team that plays a bunch of guards at the same time.

Those really weren’t losses for us.
Brycen already has two DNPs in the first 6 games, and he's only averaging 10 mpg when he does play. He has made one 3-pt basket on the season, and he's delivered a grand total of 2 assists against 4 turnovers.

In 6 games played for Rhode Island, Jalen has played 141 minutes... and he has 2 assists against 13 turnovers. And in that same 141 minutes (as you've pointed out), Jalen has made a grand total of... 0 made 3-pt baskets.

For both guys, those stats are... not good. And although it's been reported that Brycen's decision to leave surprised the staff, in Jalen's case his performance so far this year helps explain why JB and the staff made the switch away from him at point guard. (And why they probably concluded there wasn't a promising future for him off the ball, either.)

I'm amazed that last year's narrative about JB being incompetent for refusing to play the bench has continued into this season. The dedication is impressive, really.

I haven’t been able to watch the game yet. But Kadary played 18 minutes and only scored 5 points and had 1 assist. That’s not good enough considering his skills. He’s hugely talented and needs to be more aggressive, including driving into the lane and attacking the basket. We need everyone to do more including him.
Careful. Don't blast the latest appointed savior at guard.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing, "Well, what other option does JB have on the bench other than having to play Buddy"? Last year we were told HoWash, Goodine, even Braswell before he got hurt, were simply "not ready", so thats why Buddy needed to play 38 mins per game. Fair enough.
However, those guys bailed after getting the clear message that PT was NOT happening in this rotation, and Bras almost did as well. This year we're getting the "same isht, different day" treatment and are again hearing justifications for why Buddy "needed" to play, despite shooting like regurgitated horse manure. And this year, there are OBVIOUS alternatives on the team.
Again, I'm not drinking the nepotism Kool-Aid quite yet, and I'm just as upset by JG3's extended PT as well. But its getting kinda ludicrous to keep having this same conversation about short benches and substitution patterns. Just sayin...
They were not ACC caliber players.

I don't think we should play Sidibe much at all. What is he going to bring? Low post scoring? Highly doubtful, he's been a dreadful offensive player his entire career outside of a few game stretch last season. Defense? He can't body up anybody in the paint. Centers score over him as easily if not easier than Dolezaj
um nah...he killed it i his last game against UNC...big body on thaat squad looked like he was about to cry at the end of that one

He was so upset he quit going to high school. I mean he really had had enough of JB’s monkey business!!!
Well either that or he got tired of hearing Gerry’s fly fishing stories.

Brycen already has two DNPs in the first 6 games, and he's only averaging 10 mpg when he does play. He has made one 3-pt basket on the season, and he's delivered a grand total of 2 assists against 4 turnovers.

In 6 games played for Rhode Island, Jalen has played 141 minutes... and he has 2 assists against 13 turnovers. And in that same 141 minutes (as you've pointed out), Jalen has made a grand total of... 0 made 3-pt baskets.

For both guys, those stats are... not good. And although it's been reported that Brycen's decision to leave surprised the staff, in Jalen's case his performance so far this year helps explain why JB and the staff made the switch away from him at point guard. (And why they probably concluded there wasn't a promising future for him off the ball, either.)

I'm amazed that last year's narrative about JB being incompetent for refusing to play the bench has continued into this season. The dedication is impressive, really.

This years bench is NOT last years bench.

Look - Buddy is a player, and generally an elite 3pt shooter.
Except for when he’s not.

Yesterday - he was most definitely NOT.
1/12. Plus, only 2 boards and very little of anything else.
And he finished the game at the 3.

Hmmm - do we have any other humans who could possibly play the 3?

Woody AND Bras are both waaay better athletes and rebounders than Jackson.
With more experience at the 3.
And Woody has been shooting well, although he did brick his one 3 attempt - guess that was creating offense tho

Sick comment bro!! You really showed JB!
Its true. Im the same way with my Daughter's. Playing for your father isnt usually a good idea.
Buddys a good player who had a very bad game. Any coach other than his Dad wouldnt have played him as much. JB cant help himself.

Its true. Im the same way with my Daughter's. Playing for your father isnt usually a good idea.
Buddys a good player who had a very bad game. Any coach other than his Dad wouldnt have played him as much. JB cant help himself.
You don’t know that. That’s your opinion not based on fact. You can criticize the decision all you want but once we took AG out, the lineup in there won us the game.

This years bench is NOT last years bench.

Look - Buddy is a player, and generally an elite 3pt shooter.
Except for when he’s not.

Yesterday - he was most definitely NOT.
1/12. Plus, only 2 boards and very little of anything else.
And he finished the game at the 3.

Hmmm - do we have any other humans who could possibly play the 3?

Woody AND Bras are both waaay better athletes and rebounders than Jackson.
With more experience at the 3.
And Woody has been shooting well, although he did brick his one 3 attempt - guess that was creating offense tho
Last year’s bench is most definitely not this year’s bench, I agree with that statement 100%. Which makes it all the more funny to me that some people are still referencing JB’s reluctance to go very deep into the bench last year. I would have thought that the fact that the guys that left are not really doing anything at their new schools - combined with the fact that JB is playing two freshmen some meaningful minutes this year - that people would realize that it wasn’t really about anything other than Boeheim trying to win games.

You wanted to see either Woody or Bras when JB pulled Griffin with 9:40 to play. That’s fair, I understand why you think that. But don’t you think it’s also fair to point out that a) JB’s decision ultimately worked, and b) Buddy at the 3 on defense didn’t hurt us at all?

I think that JB made the decision to go with Buddy (a Junior with a lot more experience) over Woody (a freshman playing in just his 5th college game), and I think it’s reasonable to understand why he made that choice. I don’t think Braswell was really in consideration at all, since he hadn’t played up to that point. (Most coaches probably wouldn’t have played Braswell in that situation.)

That’s exactly why I’m so valuable in pickup hoops ...

tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom