Postgame thoughts.. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts..

Kadary is slow to the ball and doesn’t stay in attack mode. He passed up opportunities to get to the rim. His anticipation is good, but he too gets beat off the dribble. He is also a non shooting threat on offense. Crowning him the starting point guard is very premature at this point. He can help us, but he’s not there yet. The one complaint we‘re not hearing is this team is a very good foul shooting team.

This is my thinking too, he just doesnt do much offensively. Hes fantastic at the top of the zone. But isnt much of a threat on the other side of the court. Everyonejust obsessing over the shiny new toy

Quincy saved our bacon.

Joe made a lot of big and needed plays. Still think he would be much more efficient in a different role.

The team played best when Kadary was in the game. Need his defense, passing, court sense, and ability to go by people in there.

I really don’t get Buddy at the 3 on a day when he can’t hit the broadside of the barn. The hell could Griffin and Woody have been thinking watching him out there at their spot?

I love Jimmy but I thought he had a poor game today too, as did most of our players.
Buddy is going to play 35-38 minutes a night. It isn't going to change.

We need to figure out how to score when the 3s aren't falling. I don't buy the "so-and-so won't have this bad a game again" takes. We absolutely will see everyone in this rotation have horrible games this season. Sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 will simultaneously have bad games. We need to find a way get a few easy buckets when this happens. I'm not saying it's a simple thing to solve, but it seems critical. Scoring 62 against Northeastern is ghastly.
It's way simple to solve.

Post up Guerrier.

Boom. Done.

We need to figure out how to score when the 3s aren't falling. I don't buy the "so-and-so won't have this bad a game again" takes. We absolutely will see everyone in this rotation have horrible games this season. Sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 will simultaneously have bad games. We need to find a way get a few easy buckets when this happens. I'm not saying it's a simple thing to solve, but it seems critical. Scoring 62 against Northeastern is ghastly.

We have a way and it should have been fairly simple. We screwed this up in the Rutgers game to. Give the ball to Guerrier at the elbow and let him work.

The opponent played well.

Game was never really in doubt.

Roles still TBD and will remain that way for a while. QG is clearly our #1 big and needs to assert himself nightly even if the jumper isn't dropping. Marek won't be the #1 big he'll have his moments for sure but its Quincy.

Pound Buffalo by 40+ since this one was close.

Huh? We were trailing for the majority of the game.

And didn’t take a 2 possession lead until the final minutes.

Kayleigh McEnany? Is that you?

First off both Alan and Buddy played possibly their worst games of the season. Getting Kadary and Woody for long stretches in a game like this would have been better. Griff needs to keep his head up, he will get there but it's going to take time in such a weird year.

Northeastern did not play like a team that wanted to slow it down and work for an open 3 in their first two games. It was a nice job to go with a completely different approach. Smart coaching and it's clear we were winging it a little on D. Pressure from the start could have buried them early. A little pandemic coaching trick there.

This is a game we missed Sid. Between Sid and Q we could really hurt teams inside. Marek is good with positioning but because of this just isn't strong on the boards and gets beat up a little against beefy bigs as we saw.

Joe looks like he should now. He has found his game again..that said he handles it too much when Kadary is in there. Give KR the rock and let him run the show.

This was a very good game to get in. I had a gut feeling this was gonna be ugly. NE is no stranger to playing good teams tough just ask UConn. They executed perfectly and got the type of performance from our two best shooters they can only hope for.

I totally get the minutes thing about Buddy. That said this was Buddy's game to play things out like Joe did earlier. Griff got the bench treatment which I think Buddy should have got more of but I think it's a quick bounce back the right direction against UB.

Final thought- without Sid we lose this game last year if Hughes and Buddy shot 1-19. Probably lose by 10-12. Remember so many other teams have had scares or What losses already that are ranked. Not worried after seeing the team bounce back and win..

This is my thinking too, he just doesnt do much offensively. Hes fantastic at the top of the zone. But isnt much of a threat on the other side of the court. Everyonejust obsessing over the shiny new toy

Hands down the best passer on the team and the only perimeter player who can drive by anybody. Makes the whole offense flow better. But I guess because he’s not jacking 28 footers whenever he feels like it, he’s not a “threat”.

Averaging 13 points and 7 assists per 40 minutes coming into today. Given that guards often play 40 mpg here...I’d take 13 and 7 a night.

Something else..Kadary isn't out there making mistakes or forcing it. He is learning and it's clear he understands he is learning. He needs to get more aggressive but that will come in time. He also is the new guy in a rotation with two very close teammates who themselves are finding their way back.

I don't entirely agree. He played Kidary down the stretch of the last 5 minutes at least. He was up top so it was not Buddy and Joe up there. AG was struggling at one of the forward spots and his choice was play Buddy against an underized team or play Woody own the stretch of a close game. He probably wasn't ready to put Woody in that spot and was not comfortable with AG playing without forcing it.
Kadary actually played the final 13:35 uninterrupted. JB kinda did what everybody on the board has been asking him to do...

this is looking like quincys last season, unfortunately for orange fans (fortunate for him)

dolezaj = good player = bad center defensively...JB said hes good ...nah...passable against northeeastern...otherwise huge liabilty...

the defense was just bad.

guess we're gonna see a short bench unfortunately...

Disagree 100%. I've watched kadary beat his man off the dribble and penetrate on offense when JG3/Buddy can't. Hes good at getting to the basket but has been reluctant in doing this especially this game. Hes playing somewhat timid and I think that will change with the more PT he gets. Don't get the slow to the ball statement either(is someone actually saying hes slower to the ball then what jg3/buddy are??? because thats crazy talk) Literally the only thing on the offensive side of the ball that jg3/buddy have over Kadary is the deep ball. Its not a shiny new toy thing. We will absolutely need JG3/Buddy to win games but Kadary is the best option we have running the PG for our offense to thrive and is absolutely the best guy we have to play up top of the zone. This doesn't mean we need to play him 30+ a game too...JB needs to fricken use his dang bench a little more but that's been talked about enough on here and JB gunna JB no matter what!

Kadary actually played the final 13:35 uninterrupted. JB kinda did what everybody on the board has been asking him to do...

Yeah, except Buddy played that entire time too.

OK, IF Griffin was MIA, we couldn’t have put Woody in for a few minutes??
At the 3, instead of Bricky?

Hands down the best passer on the team and the only perimeter player who can drive by anybody. Makes the whole offense flow better. But I guess because he’s not jacking 28 footers whenever he feels like it, he’s not a “threat”.

Averaging 13 points and 7 assists per 40 minutes coming into today. Given that guards often play 40 mpg here...I’d take 13 and 7 a night.

Best passer definitely debatable.

But im sure if he played 40 mins tonight we wouldve won by 50. He is the DIFFERENCE. Give him the keys!!

He just hasnt shown me anything yet besides being a really good defensive player. All im saying

Best passer definitely debatable.

But im sure if he played 40 mins tonight we wouldve won by 50. He is the DIFFERENCE. Give him the keys!!

He just hasnt shown me anything yet besides being a really good defensive player. All im saying
If you think anyone rivals Kadary's passing, I don't know what to tell you. He is far and away the best passer on this team. It's not close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom