Potential disturbing rumor | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Potential disturbing rumor

Was just told from a source of mine that there is information coming from the Sports dept at SU ( Im guessing they mean the AD's office or sports info director) ESPN is expected to break a story today about additional (alleged) victims coming forward. I can;t 100% vouch form this but it did come from an employee within SU.
not doubting this -- i would just think that SU would be on lock down mode- in terms of rumor spreading-- i cant imagine nancy cantor letting SU employees know anything at this point -- this is being handled at the highest levels of the university --

Sure. It doesnt seem to crazy to think that we live in a world where people do things like filing fake death certificates after 9-11 to cash in on insurance, or people copping to crimes they didnt commit. So even if someone comes forward you have to deal with all the stuff they are doing on Davis/Lang now...

Yeah in a world were so many claims go around for attention and lawsuits I suppose I've become cynical.

If Fine was some sort of sexaul predator, it seems bizarre to have so many others that were in similar situations (treated like family) with Fine and have nothing negative to report. Targeting victims and letting others in identical circumstances go doesn't seem to fit the mindset of someone as disturbed as these claims are stating.

everybody is hearing rumors. I have heard some compelling stuff on this case but don't like to talk about it. I really don't like rumors.

I can't imagine SU was notified before the original story ran. If they were, why did Bernie only find out the night it happened?

As far as this, if ESPN did contact SU, I guarantee it's in the form of, "We are about to run a story stating that (blah blah blah). Would you care to go on the record before we publish this information?"

I can't imagine SU was notified before the original story ran. If they were, why did Bernie only find out the night it happened?

As far as this, if ESPN did contact SU, I guarantee it's in the form of, "We are about to run a story stating that (blah blah blah). Would you care to go on the record before we publish this information?"
Yeah, there was an article today that said he found out by watching the news...some heads up.

I can't believe that if ESPN had this information they'd be waiting on it. Seems like it'd already be out.

If this has been going for years other people knew about it, including JB. I don't think JB is lying.

Yeah in a world were so many claims go around for attention and lawsuits I suppose I've become cynical.

If Fine was some sort of sexaul predator, it seems bizarre to have so many others that were in similar situations (treated like family) with Fine and have nothing negative to report. Targeting victims and letting others in identical circumstances go doesn't seem to fit the mindset of someone as disturbed as these claims are stating.
I am there with you. A little different reason though is I think with his access to kids, he would have lots of abused kids (potentially hundreds), so if you start to get lots of alleged victims coming out...watch out.

Agree 100%--check out my post a few slots above [think we must have been posting at the same time].

there is a an audio tape.

It was said on the board the night this thing broke that SU was not notified in advance - is that not the case?

Considering the article about Goldsmith describes him notifying Bernie from messages he was getting over his Blackberry while they were sitting at Sagemont I would say they didn't get a heads up.

everybody is hearing rumors. I have heard some compelling stuff on this case but don't like to talk about it. I really don't like rumors.

I am not big on rumors either but the source is connected and has been right before on tidbits coming from the Athletic Dept, I simply wanted to get it out there as I am sure other SU fans woudl do the same for me.

Anyone else think that ESPN led with everything they had?

I'm starting to believe that there's no new bombshell that's going to come out [despite all these rumors].

Now, if some new alleged victims emerge, all bets are off.

Let me set the record straight...there is nothing potentially disturbing about rumors of additional activity on this case they are all very deeply disturbing. No news is good news here.

I'm starting to believe that there's no new bombshell that's going to come out [despite all these rumors].

yes, with all the negative pub they have been getting this would have been out already. They have been getting lambasted!

I cannot imagine ESPN would have done anything else. They are a 24 hour sports news organization that took tremendous heat for their slowness in the PSU scandal. Now they come out and report on Thurs, get hammered all over for not having a better story and I am to believe they held stuff back to play "gotcha" with the university. Think about it from their perspective. If they come out tommorrow and say "well we have all this other stuff" the public response may be "well why didnt you tell us in the first place...idiots" I dont think ESPN wants that game played.

On a side note, What is there a Villanova banner ad on here during basketball season?

I cannot imagine ESPN would have done anything else. They are a 24 hour sports news organization that took tremendous heat for their slowness in the PSU scandal. Now they come out and report on Thurs, get hammered all over for not having a better story and I am to believe they held stuff back to play "gotcha" with the university. Think about it from their perspective. If they come out tommorrow and say "well we have all this other stuff" the public response may be "well why didnt you tell us in the first place...idiots" I dont think ESPN wants that game played.

On a side note, What is there a Villanova banner ad on here during basketball season?

I tend to agree. As a media outlet that tries to be journalistic, I can't imagine them holding back info in order to instigate a back and forth...