Potential disturbing rumor | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Potential disturbing rumor

Well, if Bernie is blackmailing Davis, then that really WOULD be an unexpected twist.

I mean, I guess he could try to buy their silence? But I'd tend to think that's not the case.

That's also not blackmail. Witness tampering maybe, sometimes referred to as settlement.

Well, if Bernie is blackmailing Davis, then that really WOULD be an unexpected twist.
I expect anything at this point. Somehow Richard Simmons could be involved and I wouldn't be surprised.

I am there with you. A little different reason though is I think with his access to kids, he would have lots of abused kids (potentially hundreds), so if you start to get lots of alleged victims coming out...watch out.

Right but I wouldve thought if that was the case there wouldve been a bunch to come out already. It seems more and more like a witch hunt as it wears on.

Everything that comes out seems like a reach. The fact that Davis said stuff happened until he was 27 is crazy, but seems too dumb to be made up so maybe it isn't.

At this point mystery tapes, and allegations floating out there could be to put pressure on Fine and push a confession if there is anything to confess. Cops have done that before and will again.

Right but I wouldve thought if that was the case there wouldve been a bunch to come out already. It seems more and more like a witch hunt as it wears on.

Everything that comes out seems like a reach. The fact that Davis said stuff happened until he was 27 is crazy, but seems too dumb to be made up so maybe it isn't.

At this point mystery tapes, and allegations floating out there could be to put pressure on Fine and push a confession if there is anything to confess. Cops have done that before and will again.
I dont know how they could pressure Fine to confess to a crime barred by the SOL. They better have something more recent that Davis/Lang.

That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't you want to leak out that there's breaking news about that to drive up ratings for the 3pm OTL?
True - but maybe they will be using OTL who "broke" the story (that has many meanings) to pump up ratings for the prime time shows. Only thing on tonight is college bball - no NFL as was the case the past couple days

...this is going to be a roller-coaster ride...ups and downs coming quickly and in short bursts...buckle up and listen and watch what happens...I thought it was too quiet out there...going to be rough couple of weeks.

If ESPN was to break a new story today, what show and what time would it likely come. I'm off today (in more ways than one) so I'll try to catch it..

If ESPN was to break a new story today, what show and what time would it likely come. I'm off today (in more ways than one) so I'll try to catch it..

Best guess is OTL at 3

Schwarz going door to door with cash in hand?

OTL wouldn't be a big enough platform. It would be SC.

They broke the massive "ex-girlfriend saying there were closed doors and drawn blinds" story on OTL...

Other than this case, the only OTL I remember watching was that kid saying he was committing to Oregon and wasn't really getting recruited by that school.

Please stop with the RUMORS. If do you not want to quote the source don’t post it. You don’t think outsiders are reading this? This is basketball board we have games coming up. The facts will come out eventually. Can we please talk hoops..?

i have all ready

as a matter a fact i just missed a phone call from a 509 area code

It could be Mark Few calling from Gonzaga...:noidea:

WA.gif

I dont know how they could pressure Fine to confess to a crime barred by the SOL. They better have something more recent that Davis/Lang.

True but that's were the open hotline comes in. Anyone wants to make a claim, there ya go!
I've had a run in with my local PD when I was young to learn the terms "guilty by association" and "presumed guilt" all too well.

Around 15 years old I got questioned about a robbery. Police chief and some young cop pulled me in for questioning with my parents present. They told me specific info on the robbery, then I repeated that info back to them later in the questioning and the young guy goes "If you werent there how would you know that?!" Ummmm because you just told me. Guess he forgot and thought he had me dead to rights. Needless to say, my parents werent impressed with their tactics.

So yeah, I've seen cops "fishing" for facts that aren't there first hand.