Potential JB successors | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Potential JB successors

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea who I know. Never, never, bet against the unknown
I know lots of people who know things. That doesn't mean they will share everything. In this case i would imagine SU will try and keep it under wraps. Im assuming CTO based on her position and deep friendship with Jim will know. Im sure that others will know and based on your close relationship with the program you might be one of the others. Im speculating on Red based on three things.
One Jims comment.
Two i believe SU will hire from within.
Three fact that our assistant coaches do not seem to be looking to move.

I know lots of people who know things. That doesn't mean they will share everything. In this case i would imagine SU will try and keep it under wraps. Im assuming CTO based on her position and deep friendship with Jim will know. Im sure that others will know and based on your close relationship with the program you might be one of the others. Im speculating on Red based on three things.
One Jims comment.
Two i believe SU will hire from within.
Three fact that our assistant coaches do not seem to be looking to move.
I won't comment.

I read a post on the Boneyard that applies to us. As down as they were, they had a state behind them, a huge fan base, media attention, history and an alumni base that could set them up for life.

We have all of that along with the biggest stadium, not arena, in college basketball. We need to shore up NIL, but with our media connections, we can make stars out of our players
SU has a NIL class while the $EC is dropping legal bags all over the place

I read a post on the Boneyard that applies to us. As down as they were, they had a state behind them, a huge fan base, media attention, history and an alumni base that could set them up for life.

We have all of that along with the biggest stadium, not arena, in college basketball. We need to shore up NIL, but with our media connections, we can make stars out of our players
We don’t have NY hs coaches pushing players to SU. It’s seems to be the opposite. They are pushing players in CT. to UCONN.

He also put them on three years probation. The article doesn’t mention that.
It says that he was suspended for transfer tampering which is what the probation was from. We enjoy a good probation now and then anyway.

Lots of coaches should be interested in the Seton Hall job don't be shocked if they end up with a better coach.
Pretty sure it's already spoken for.

What about painter from purdue? Guy has been consistent. I know he is from indiana but he is at a school that is at best second and likely third in its own state (behind indiana and nd)
Yeah I don’t think he ever leaves Purdue but he has been at the top of my list for years. They play beautiful basketball.

In the last 6 seasons he has won 144 games to our 114.
lol like that's saying alot.

and garbage doesn't necessarily = coaching ability but more just as a human

lol like that's saying alot.

and garbage doesn't necessarily = coaching ability but more just as a human
He may be a bad person. Lots of college coaches are. Matter of fact, the clean classy guys probably aren’t as successful because of all the cheating and crap going on. Doesn’t justify it though.
Let the Marylands and Xavier’s of the world sleep in the bed they are making. Just hope we can do better when it’s our turn to replace JB.

Does anybody on the board have interest or has there been any banter in this thread about the St. Bonnie coach succeeding JB? Seems to have done a real good job in Olean.

Does anybody on the board have interest or has there been any banter in this thread about the St. Bonnie coach succeeding JB? Seems to have done a real good job in Olean.
He’s been to the NCAA tournament 3 times in about 20 years of coaching. It’s a pass for me.

I'm expecting an internal hire, prolly Red... unless things go so badly next year that the emergency lights are blinking on anyone in the current staff.

My fear is he'll be replaced in 2-3 years with an outside search hire after the bell curve flatline continues and we'll be a decade into the slide.

Here's hoping I'm 100% wrong in that fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom