Potential JB successors | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Potential JB successors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody on the board have interest or has there been any banter in this thread about the St. Bonnie coach succeeding JB? Seems to have done a real good job in Olean.
:vomit:

Do they have bags of cash because it seems to be what matters.

Want to start a bag? That’s where they come from for NIL.

That’s easy for you to say.

SU Hoops is JB’s life work. We should expect him to want to heavily influence who will take the next step with his life work. And considering all that he has given SU both in terms of effort and results, SU should probably be working to make sure he is on board with the direction that is being taken.

Just can’t help myself.
This is why the program will continue to be bad.
The best thing that could happen would be JB retire and move south to play golf.
Then a new coach could come in and begin to rebuild the program.
Just don't see any coach coming in here as long as JB is around.

I know lots of people who know things. That doesn't mean they will share everything. In this case i would imagine SU will try and keep it under wraps. Im assuming CTO based on her position and deep friendship with Jim will know. Im sure that others will know and based on your close relationship with the program you might be one of the others. Im speculating on Red based on three things.
One Jims comment.
Two i believe SU will hire from within.
Three fact that our assistant coaches do not seem to be looking to move.

1647901275702.jpeg

No one coach, no particular recruiting class is worth influencing a coaching hire. Long term, big picture vs short term, limited view.
Well, it could be a decider b/t Red and Gerry.

Willard is getting $24.9M for 7 years from Maryland per NY Post. That's $3.55M per year. You think SU is paying that kind of money for its next coach? It's well more than JB is at.

This is why the program will continue to be bad.
The best thing that could happen would be JB retire and move south to play golf.
Then a new coach could come in and begin to rebuild the program.
Just don't see any coach coming in here as long as JB is around.

I didn’t say it well, but I don’t mean that JB should be allowed to oversee or even offer unsolicited advice to the next coach once that person has been given the reigns.

What I do mean is that JB should have some influence over who that person taking the next step with his life work will be. And I don’t mean he should make the decision, but his opinion should be sought and I would hope treated as having great value.

Willard is getting $24.9M for 7 years from Maryland per NY Post. That's $3.55M per year. You think SU is paying that kind of money for its next coach? It's well more than JB is at.
After seeing the school pony up on the football side I absolutely believe that ADJW would get up to $4mm/$4.5mm and maybe more. I also believe there would be BoT support for salary like that as well.

After seeing the school pony up on the football side I absolutely believe that ADJW would get up to $4mm/$4.5mm and maybe more. I also believe there would be BoT support for salary like that as well.

We'd be very lucky if we could lure a coach worthy of that salary into accepting the job.

But anyone who has success coaching a program like ours will get a raise to that amount automatically even if they are hired for less and even if they aren't 'that good.'

I will be really interested to what Marquette looks like next season. What kind of recruiter is he? He is someone I would be interested. That style of play would be exciting

If SU is not willing to pay up for the next HC, it shows they are not committed to keeping Syracuse basketball at an elite level.

Status
Not open for further replies.