Pre K.O. music for Dome crowd, old and young | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pre K.O. music for Dome crowd, old and young

I have always thought we should borrow the JETS kick off chant. C-U-S-E Cuse Cuse Cuse would sound awesome.

My other thought was all these teams we play have hand signs. We could do a 44 battle ax by holding up 4 fingers each hand and crossing the fore arms. Would look great seeing everyone doing that going into the 4th quarter.
Nothing Jets. I don't want any association with that franchise. We have had enough with these down years. As for the crossed forearms, I love it and it reminds me of In the Flesh? from The Wall, but that does conjure a rather dark negative imagery (on purpose). I will let you google the movie clips

Bullet for my Valentine - Your Betrayal

Machine Head - Imperium

Those songs have kick ass intros.

I have an idea that I've mentioned once or two thousand times...

Let. The. Band. Play.
The band has a new director this year. Was director at U. of Minn. His wife had a terminal illness and he took a year off. I'm hoping for an improvement from a real director.

Watch a major college game and listen for the band. You'll hear things you don't hear on Syracuse.

And it's funny how people are sick of "jungle" but are suggesting songs as old or older. Lol

Band. Only band.

I know that Seven Nation Army is pretty played out in football stadiums, but the Glitch Mob remix of it always gets me fired up:

I think that song could potentially induce seizures in a large portion of our fan base.

Watch a major college game and listen for the band. You'll hear things you don't hear on Syracuse.

And it's funny how people are sick of "jungle" but are suggesting songs as old or older. Lol

Band. Only band.
Well so is the crowd if you get my drift.

The indian ensemble that started slowly and progressively sped up leading to the kick, played by the band, was the best.

Bring that back please.

Couldn't agree more. Thinking of that makes me feel so nostalgic as I associate it with my first trips to SU football games in the late 80s.

Bullet for my Valentine - Your Betrayal

Machine Head - Imperium

Those songs have kick ass intros.
Do you think there's one player on our team that has even heard of either of those bands?

Back when G-Rob was here we played Jeezy before kickoff. Despite the team being terrible it still got the energy going, especially for the players. That's what we need to do.

Ever since I saw Tyson come out to it as a kid and thought it was an incredible entrance, I've been wishing Cuse would come out to "Welcome to the Terrordome" in either hoops or football. When the song was in that Lebron James commercial a couple years ago and made the masses aware of the song again, I again got my hopes up that it might happen.

Ever since I saw Tyson come out to it as a kid and thought it was an incredible entrance, I've been wishing Cuse would come out to "Welcome to the Terrordome" in either hoops or football. When the song was in that Lebron James commercial a couple years ago and made the masses aware of the song again, I again got my hopes up that it might happen.

Yes but isn't this also the theme for "The Six"?

Do you think there's one player on our team that has even heard of either of those bands?

Back when G-Rob was here we played Jeezy before kickoff. Despite the team being terrible it still got the energy going, especially for the players. That's what we need to do.

Is that what got GRob throwing those punches before the Penn State game? If so, bring that back. Greg was going buck wild with that shadow boxing routine. I think it was the first time in like 4 seasons that I laughed while watching an SU football game, though that was before that game started of course.

Last edited:

who gives a shite if they know it! Introduce them to something maybe they'll like! Not necessarily this, but something! Seriously... piss off!

It's always funny how middle aged people (of which I am one) pick music that they loved when they were in college and say that's the music that should be used for the games of the kids who are currently in college.

Pretty sure I wouldn't have appreciated my parents generation's suggestions when I was in college.

I have always thought we should borrow the JETS kick off chant. C-U-S-E Cuse Cuse Cuse would sound awesome.

My other thought was all these teams we play have hand signs. We could do a 44 battle ax by holding up 4 fingers each hand and crossing the fore arms. Would look great seeing everyone doing that going into the 4th quarter.
This cheer would be awesome!

IMG_4386.JPG
Why not do something like this for it would be a first in college football...I think!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom