Pre K.O. music for Dome crowd, old and young | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Pre K.O. music for Dome crowd, old and young

I mentioned this in another thread. "Who's house? Our house?" needs to play with some hip hop beats in the background. The beats crescendo. You hear glass breaking a la Stone Cold Steve Austin. "it's not their fault" plays and the players run on to the field to any song other than Welcome to the Jungle. Maybe that Santana song Dino loves.

Or we can keep doing what we are doing.

Whose house, our house definitely needs to be included, I agree. There was a lot of talking last season about creating tradition and having something that's "ours". Imo, we have it and we should use it.

Then to be fair, if you were an OSU fan, you'd hate maybe the best band in the land. It is college football.
Actually, football is football and the OSU band is boring. Oooooh, they dotted the "I". BFD.
BTW, if I had to watch marching bands, the ones from the Southern Conference, such as Grambling, are the best, IMO.

Also, I appreciate that they work VERY hard, and often put in just as many hours as the players, if not more. I just don't like it.

Actually, football is football and the OSU band is boring. Oooooh, they dotted the "I". BFD.
BTW, if I had to watch marching bands, the ones from the Southern Conference, such as Grambling, are the best, IMO.

Also, I appreciate that they work VERY hard, and often put in just as many hours as the players, if not more. I just don't like it.
Acceptable. I'm just saying college band is commonplace with college football. I don't like hot dogs too much, but it's something that is at a football game. Should we not have hot dogs because some don't like them?

Our fan base might literally be the worst when it comes to anything regarding chanting or music.

Literally. The. Worst.

Play whatever, it doesn't matter. Middle schools schools get more crowd participation

Agree, just listen to the crowd sing the alma mater with the words even being flashed on the ribbons. Sad.

Too cool for school. :cool:

Agree, just listen to the crowd sing the alma mater with the words even being flashed on the ribbons. Sad.

Too cool for school. :cool:
Not being smart, honestly don't know.

I've been in the dome a gazillion times, and never once considered singing along because it is not my alma mater. Isn't that the point?

And for the record, I do not have an alma mater so it's not due to loyalty to another school.

Not being smart, honestly don't know.

I've been in the dome a gazillion times, and never once considered singing along because it is not my alma mater. Isn't that the point?

And for the record, I do not have an alma mater so it's not due to loyalty to another school.

I agree many who attend are locals or former locals who never attended but have adopted SU. It's no better for the fight song "Down the Field" either . Oh well.

I always thought we should play Promontory from Last of the Mohicans because the story was set in upstate NY. The song on its own is epic but it could be modernized.

The Last of the Mohicans - Wikipedia

Love the regional connection, and GOT theme is a ripoff of this, but it isn't powerful enough for me and doesn't quite get anywhere.

I'm biased on this one as I love the movie Miracle.

However, its a damn classic.

Edit: you know what, probably not a pregame song but it gave me an excuse for another listen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom