Prediction on staff and players | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Prediction on staff and players

We have a double/double center. It would be nice to keep him.

Well, duh! Of course it would.

That said, we’ve almost never had that, even on our best teams (unless you count DC as a C), so it’s nice, but not necessary.

We need a scoring Forward like nobody’s business.

Well that's a massive concern...
Is it though? I mean, what exactly has he helped with? Just from an outside perspective looking in and without an ounce of insider information, since he's become a bigger booster of the program Syracuse has been decidedly mediocre. Will he stop bringing sports celebrities to games?

I
I hope folks aren’t relying on Weitsman to keep any players from entering the portal.

The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF
I was told he was doing it for the community

Is it though? I mean, what exactly has he helped with? Just from an outside perspective looking in and without an ounce of insider information, since he's become a bigger booster of the program Syracuse has been decidedly mediocre. Will he stop bringing sports celebrities to games?
At the very least our only 2024 commit & one of our top targets signed an NIL deal with him

At the very least our only 2024 commit & one of our top targets signed an NIL deal with him
Completely understood, but that's one kid who hasn't played a minute of college basketball and won't for another 18 months.

The issue is how deep is our NIL bench to get the recruits/transfers we need? Clearly Moore is a AW NIL assist.. as far as we know. So the concern is more the unknown

Go get Van Macon from St John’s. He’s well respected in the NYC area and did a great job getting big time transfers when he was with Travis Ford at St Louis.
We don’t need a double double center. We need a starting center. That is critical.
With Mike Anderson likely getting canned, I think this wouldn’t be a bad option for our new assistant. Plus, I found this quote about their starting center:

At least one player, big man Joel Soriano, said he would transfer if Anderson is fired.

He averaged 15 and 12. Dropped 19/14 on us in our loss. This would be an ideal pickup and bring some size, talent, experience and toughness. He’s from NY too.

SIAP

From the article:
“Coach Boeheim is a great coach, a legendary coach, and obviously I wanted to be coached by him for a year,” Moore said. “But during my recruitment they explained he might retire before I could get there. They explained that Coach Autry would be taking over and it’d be the same staff. I took that into consideration and they still did a great job recruiting me. I’m OK with it.”
Sausage Dog Hello GIF

Yes that’s pretty much exactly what I’ve been told as well. Sorry, I didn’t see that something similar was already put out there.
All good, just wanted to see if you heard something similar.

This type of conflict is much worse than if it was about JB, imo.

Everyone loves Red and Gmac. Red will need an enforcer. I think Gmac to Colgate is a real
Possibility when Langel leaves
Langel to ND; GMac to Colgate with Girard and JBA

With Mike Anderson likely getting canned, I think this wouldn’t be a bad option for our new assistant. Plus, I found this quote about their starting center:

At least one player, big man Joel Soriano, said he would transfer if Anderson is fired.

He averaged 15 and 12. Dropped 19/14 on us in our loss. This would be an ideal pickup and bring some size, talent, experience and toughness. He’s from NY too.
Mentioned Soriano a few months ago; saw him at the BE tourney today against Marquette. Nice form on his shot, great screen and roll player, can pick and pop. Good rebounder, free throw shooter and decent shot blocker. The only complaint as he could get in a little better physical condition. Imo would be a great addition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom