Prediction on staff and players | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Prediction on staff and players

I kinda felt like GMac was saying his goodbyes at the game on Sat.

And now I think that to be even more the case.

Would love to see him get a HC gig at some small, Northeast school, and cut his teeth for a while outside of Syracuse, so we can see what he can and can't do with his own program.
Spoke to a UVM donor last night. Rumor is Becker is moving on up after this tournament season is done and GMac was in town interviewing. There are concerns he won’t get past the loss though.

Yeah, well said.

I have no idea how we replace Judah, short of Quadir making a huge leap. We're not getting a baller highschool guy. Portal feels dicey for not just a point, but that level of scorer. It's just a lot of production that's not easily replaced.

Replacing Jesse seems extremely difficult, but is theoretically possible with the portal, plus it feels like a guy that's 75% of Jesse still puts us in pretty good shape at the 5.
I think you focus on getting an elite scorer and worry about fit after. Maybe you can convince Symir to stay and take on a slightly bigger role as a hedge against Cope not taking the leap we hope?

I think you focus on getting an elite scorer and worry about fit after. Maybe you can convince Symir to stay and take on a slightly bigger role as a hedge against Cope not taking the leap we hope?
I feel bad about this, but I just don't think Symir helps us all that much.

His junior year, surrounded by shooters, was really the ideal type of team for him to be on. His numbers over 4 years are remarkably consistent, but his assist numbers were a career outlier that season, in a good way.

I remember coming into the season some folks thought he'd play a lot and be like a 10 ppg guy. I just don't think that's what he'll ever be, especially at the ACC level.

I'd love to see him get another free year of school from the portal and kick butt somewhere else.

I feel bad about this, but I just don't think Symir helps us all that much.

His junior year, surrounded by shooters, was really the ideal type of team for him to be on. His numbers over 4 years are remarkably consistent, but his assist numbers were a career outlier that season, in a good way.

I remember coming into the season some folks thought he'd play a lot and be like a 10 ppg guy. I just don't think that's what he'll ever be, especially at the ACC level.

I'd love to see him get another free year of school from the portal and kick butt somewhere else.

I feel like Symir made progress at times then quickly regressed all year. It's hard because he is such likeable and great kid much like Howard Washington.

I hope he finds a home at another NY/NE school as a lead guard and maybe pursues coaching.

I hope folks aren’t relying on Weitsman to keep any players from entering the portal.

The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF

I hope folks aren’t relying on Weitsman to keep any players from entering the portal.

Outside the one thread speculating, haven't seen anything to the effect he is pulling support?

If Jesse leaves priority #1 is getting a transfer center. I think by far. Judah staying would be the biggest development of the off-season though.
I think finding an ACC-level lead guard in the portal would be easier than finding a double/double center.

Just guessing or what? I read on here a few times that there is a really good relationship between Red and Weitsman.

SIAP

From the article:
“Coach Boeheim is a great coach, a legendary coach, and obviously I wanted to be coached by him for a year,” Moore said. “But during my recruitment they explained he might retire before I could get there. They explained that Coach Autry would be taking over and it’d be the same staff. I took that into consideration and they still did a great job recruiting me. I’m OK with it.”

I think finding an ACC-level lead guard in the portal would be easier than finding a double/double center.
I agree, but I think we win more with a center that does 75% of what Jesse does, instead of a lead guard that does 75% of what Judah does.

Outside the one thread speculating, haven't seen anything to the effect he is pulling support?

Just guessing or what? I read on here a few times that there is a really good relationship between Red and Weitsman.

More than just speculation. I won’t say it’s a done deal, but it sounds like the relationship is pretty sour right now. And it isn’t necessarily related to the Boeheim situation.

Imagine the energy with Hop and Devo. A girl can dream.

I think Benny was 0% to come back with JB. Hopefully his relationship with Red let's him grow here. He could be a monster senior. We've seen transfers fall off the cliff, I think it'd be good for him to stay in this new environment but would understand if he wanted to shake the bad memories.
Hopkins has been a flop at Washington, plays the same zone, etc, no thank you to his return under Red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom