Premium Message Board(s) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Premium Message Board(s)

Would you subscribe if we added a premium message board(s)

• Total voters
Why haven't you received any money from advertising?

I am told the first check takes two or three months to arrive. It has been three months and six days. It is a reputable company, so I'll cut them a little slack.

There has been several posts, and I have received several email asking about the time table for a premium message board. There seems to be enough interest, but I want to be sure it doesn't end up just being a dozen people talking to themselves.

If there is interest, we'll set the board(s) up, and come up with a fair price. The first qualifier I need to add is that subscribing would NOT guarantee the right to post. The premium board would be set up for discussions related to Syracuse basketball, football, and lacrosse - recruiting, game discussions, etc. No off topic stuff, and far less of the minutia found on the current boards (and pretty much every forum on the 'net).

We have an average of 4,000 people a day visit this site. I'd really like everyone to vote.

Please cast your vote, and reply or send me a message if you have suggestions, or relevant thoughts on the subject.
I'm in regardless, but what would guarantee the right to post? I appreciate the openness we have going right now and am much more interested in discussion boards than group think boards.

To me, a premium site has additional content (meaning articles and such) that I can't get anywhere else.

Paying for "managed" discussions is not something I would be interested in.

Cheers,
Neil

I would consider a premium subscription if the chat room was a premium only feature. Yes, I consider this feature a great asset to the current free board.

Let me clarify what I'd like for my $3-$4/month...
  • Instead of hearing that Phillip Thomas was kicked off the team for "rules violations", I want to hear he was kicked off for smoking weed soon after it happens...
  • Instead of hearing of senior leadership issues, I want to hear that Chandler Jones isn't a vocal leader in the locker room...
  • Instead of guessing what Chandler's "lower body injury" was, I want to know what exactly he was injured with.
  • Instead of hearing about Keyon Lyn being sent home for "rules violations", I want to hear that he went nose to nose with Coach Wheatley soon after it happens...
  • Instead of guessing about PTG's injury through rumors...I want to hear that he got drunk and injured himself in a fall.
But if we have a premium board and "insiders" still pussyfoot with the information, then its not worth my time.

There has been several posts, and I have received several email asking about the time table for a premium message board. There seems to be enough interest, but I want to be sure it doesn't end up just being a dozen people talking to themselves.

If there is interest, we'll set the board(s) up, and come up with a fair price. The first qualifier I need to add is that subscribing would NOT guarantee the right to post. The premium board would be set up for discussions related to Syracuse basketball, football, and lacrosse - recruiting, game discussions, etc. No off topic stuff, and far less of the minutia found on the current boards (and pretty much every forum on the 'net).

We have an average of 4,000 people a day visit this site. I'd really like everyone to vote.

Please cast your vote, and reply or send me a message if you have suggestions, or relevant thoughts on the subject.
people aren't going to pay for a board they can't post on

premium boards never had the minutia before, people get how premium boards work. you're trying to solve a non existent problem.

your poll doesn't really cover that. might get very different answers for a premium dmsg board that allows messages and a premium discussion board that doesn't

TORN! Never paid to read someones opinion.But i could be swayed.

people aren't going to pay for a board they can't post on

premium boards never had the minutia before, people get how premium boards work. you're trying to solve a non existent problem.

your poll doesn't really cover that. might get very different answers for a premium dmsg board that allows messages and a premium discussion board that doesn't

I am not sure what problem you think I am trying to solve.

Anyone who pays will be able to post ... unless they are banned. As far as the premium idea is concerned, I am not looking to create more work for myself or the other mods. But there has been an interest expressed repeatedly, so I figured I'd throw the idea out for everyone to discuss.

One idea I do like is to do a 1/2 year to start, and let people judge for themselves if it is worth it to them. Again, I am not trying to create something, I am simply responding to a frequent request.

Depends on how much it costs but I would be interested for sure.

I am not sure what problem you think I am trying to solve.

Anyone who pays will be able to post ... unless they are banned. As far as the premium idea is concerned, I am not looking to create more work for myself or the other mods. But there has been an interest expressed repeatedly, so I figured I'd throw the idea out for everyone to discuss.

One idea I do like is to do a 1/2 year to start, and let people judge for themselves if it is worth it to them. Again, I am not trying to create something, I am simply responding to a frequent request.
being banned is one thing. i thought you were restricting access beyond that "The first qualifier I need to add is that subscribing would NOT guarantee the right to post. "

There are so many reputable posters with good info, it would be awesome to have a pay board

I think you need to have a discussion with those people re: what their expectations are. If their thinking the new board is going to be scout revisited, then they need to understand that you dont have those resources yet. So this thread is not the right thread to start.

What you should be asking is what do people want out of a premium site and then consider what you can actually offer them based on their suggestions. Then start this thread and say the premium board will offer X, Y and Z - are you interested?

I wouldn't subscribe...However, because there are so many that would, I think it is important to set clear standards what can and can't be posted. For example, is posting about other college basketball teams considered off topic? How about SU players in the NBA? Or NCAA policies? Just some advice. I know how hard the admins of this board work and they do a great job.

i agree with what tristan said.

in addition to that, id pay $4-$5 a month because a cover charge usually keeps the riff-raff out.

an 'old boys club' board would be ideal.

i dont need some 23year writer wannabe chasing around 17 year olds in the farms of PA and OH asking if Cuse is in their final 4 to make me pay.

id rather pay knowing that the only people in a thread will be tristan, bayside, millhouse, jake, cto, chip, scooch, madny, bees etc...

Oh Lord

but I'll pay $1,000/month for thread view!:cool:

I'm all over that. Just send the money directly to me in small unmarked bills and I'll personally set you up. :)

• Instead of hearing that Phillip Thomas was kicked off the team for "rules violations", I want to hear he was kicked off for smoking weed soon after it happens...
  • Instead of hearing of senior leadership issues, I want to hear that Chandler Jones isn't a vocal leader in the locker room...
  • Instead of guessing what Chandler's "lower body injury" was, I want to know what exactly he was injured with.
  • Instead of hearing about Keyon Lyn being sent home for "rules violations", I want to hear that he went nose to nose with Coach Wheatley soon after it happens...
  • Instead of guessing about PTG's injury through rumors...I want to hear that he got drunk and injured himself in a fall.
But if we have a premium board and "insiders" still pussyfoot with the information, then its not worth my time.

Actually, you want to hear all these things without the general public knowing about it.

an 'old boys club' board would be ideal.
id rather pay knowing that the only people in a thread will be tristan, bayside, millhouse, jake, cto, chip, scooch, madny, bees etc...
;)

Are these things true? If info like this was on the premium board, I would subscribe.

Are these things true? If info like this was on the premium board, I would subscribe.

I'll let you know...for a small subscription fee of $3.95/month ;)

The bottom line is I don't have the cash to front to pay a writer(s). The advertising revenue, on paper, is promising. But that's as far as it goes to date. We'd had ads here for over four months, and I haven't yet received a penny to pay the bills.

But to answer your question, yes - if there is sufficient participation in the premium board, revenue above expenses would be used for content.
Quite honestly, I get enough "content" from the articles posted and from the caliber of many of the things written by the board's contributors. I'm interested in ANY content that helps me to understand the intricacies of the SU sports programs and don't mind contributing to help make that happen. I'm mainly interested in making sure that this board remains stable. To that end, I'd be happy to subscribe to a "premium" board or in any other way to help defray expenses. Certainly the advertising revenue isn't doing it at this point and the admins and benefactors are paying the way for the board. How can we help?

My request is for a premium board where there are only 2 threads: Zone vs Man and Marrone: Good or Bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom