Preseason Camp Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

Is Del Rio Wilson eligible this year?

Cause I think he is going to pass Shrader by end of camp
I don't know about that but I'm pretty sure if a dude like that comes in there's an understanding that he's at least first guy to get a crack at backup QB.

Is Del Rio Wilson eligible this year?

Cause I think he is going to pass Shrader by end of camp
I mean, they're throwing vs air; but, I honestly, like Villari's passes more than Schrader's right now.

Why you think that? Based on Shrader's performance from last season?
I think Schrader has thrown some grounds balls during the clips of RVA's. Maybe, not that bad, but off enough to be very low.

Why you think that? Based on Shrader's performance from last season?
Just from the tidbits and few peaks at camp and performance reports.

Seems like Shrader is who he is, slightly better than last year, but not putting a stamp on the starting spot.

And the new cat seems to be producing through the air from what has been shown.

Ultimately think game one starter is Shrader, but we will see Del Rio Wilson play

Shrader is occasionally good, flashed great, but overall subpar.

We need consistently good.

Just seems so far CDRW is closer to consistently good than GS

Just from the tidbits and few peaks at camp and performance reports.

Seems like Shrader is who he is, slightly better than last year, but not putting a stamp on the starting spot.

And the new cat seems to be producing through the air from what has been shown.

Ultimately think game one starter is Shrader, but we will see Del Rio Wilson play
Dont be a victim of the small sample size, Weve seen clips from redzone quick game, routes on air and 1v1's. It can be deceiving.

Gut feeling says Villari wins backup job. Del Rio-Wilson with the dreaded OR on the depth chart with him though.
Lets face it, Morgan at this point is insurance against a catastrophe. He gets his degree, then, transfers to a level where he lets some playing time. Which is fine, thank you for your service, Captain Morgan.

Last edited:
I’m with out a doubt no expert, but these video snippets don’t tell much - perhaps they are simply carefully crafted Dino disinformation.

Lol I love the experts who are judging off of 1v1s where they can’t even tell if the coach is telling Shrader to put them low (or wherever the coach is saying) or if he’s accidentally throwing them there

Come on people, unless you’re there you can’t get much of ANYTHING from these clips

Lol I love the experts who are judging off of 1v1s where they can’t even tell if the coach is telling Shrader to put them low (or wherever the coach is saying) or if he’s accidentally throwing them there

Come on people, unless you’re there you can’t get much of ANYTHING from these clips
I'm obviously not an expert; but, if you watch the clips with headphones, you can hear Jason Beck's voice. In one clip, he even walks back over to Schrader to help adjust his plant/twist motion for those out passes. Granted, it's tough to even distinguish which qb is which from across the field, but whatever.

In all fairness we have 4? bowl games in 22 years, so?

Edit. I had to look it up, 6 bowl games since 2000.
That's also in an Era of Bowl proliferation, where six wins or less, gets you bowling. Anyone remember a time when you actually had to be a good football team to make it to a bowl? What possible reasons could there be to question the starting quarterback at Syracuse over the last four seasons? It's a mystery worthy of Sherlock Holmes.

Does SU still use an observation tower for the coach? Or did that go away forever?

And Dino said yesterday that he already missed some practice time with a foot owie, so it's even further up for him to climb.
Lets not kid ourselves the kid is already the number 2 if he stays healthy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom