Preseason Camp Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

Wednesday, August 10

Practice #7 (9:35 am - 12 pm)
Interviews with Select Offensive Players

TD was a star in practice too. What matters is performance on the field.

Garrett has shown a toughness and ability to win on the field. He was definitely hurt in middle to end of last year and it impacted his throwing. I'll take his average arm + his legs and heart any day of the week. We won 10 games with Eric for a reason too. His ability to run opens up a LOT for Tucker too.

If the OL is average, it gives any QB more time to throw and we're in a much better position.

Really need to win the first game.

If Garrett is getting pushed at all by the next QB - that’s great news. We don’t know this and can’t deduce it from clips of passing drills.

Until some insider posts actual news, carry on

TD was a star in practice too. What matters is performance on the field.

Garrett has shown a toughness and ability to win on the field. He was definitely hurt in middle to end of last year and it impacted his throwing. I'll take his average arm + his legs and heart any day of the week. We won 10 games with Eric for a reason too. His ability to run opens up a LOT for Tucker too.

If the OL is average, it gives any QB more time to throw and we're in a much better position.

Really need to win the first game.
Football O revolves around the OL and playmakers. When your QB is a playmaker at the level of Shrader it makes the O way more difficult to defend. If and I believe our new OC and QC are half as good as they were at VA Shrader is going to shine. I'm sure they will scheme to his strengths and with any semblance of a passing game he is going to be very dangerous. Kids a leader and a gamer. I really like him and think he is going to have a heck of a year.

Some don’t realize how long of a throw that is. 10 yard out from opposite side. Most defenses will give that up in their quarters concept. Not always expecting QB’s to make that throw.
Hence the reason so many people were enamored with Tommy Devito. He could make all the throws. Being able to make the throw in shorts doesn’t make you a good quarterback though.

they’re from the far hash to the left, nothing simple about it.
hmm.. thats not the impression i get from talking with guys who played QB in college and some other college fb coaches yesterday. field is 55 yds.. so they were throwing about 30 yds would like to think to a target they could be off by less than 5 yds..

Some don’t realize how long of a throw that is. 10 yard out from opposite side. Most defenses will give that up in their quarters concept. Not always expecting QB’s to make that throw.
You have to whip your head and shoulders around if you dropping back at all and if you are in the shot gun still have get you shoulders to the target. It’s a high difficulty throw for a right handed qb. If you doing the same on the left hash it’s much easier

I wonder how much they use drones now.. you can get much closer views from much better angles than they old towers ever could. in theory you could put a drone up to X ft stationary feed a monitor and a coach could rewind almost any play in secs now.. HD/zoom all the fun stuff.

with the GPS you wouldnt need to even control the Drone once its up.

You have to whip your head and shoulders around if you dropping back at all and if you are in the shot gun still have get you shoulders to the target. It’s a high difficulty throw for a right handed qb. If you doing the same on the left hash it’s much easier
Good point. I never looked at it that way. With left handed, right handed throwers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom