Preseason Camp Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

My assumption is Shrader has intangibles that add up to more than the sum of his parts. Looking at BYU and UVA and how Anae ran those offenses, my assumption is he will put Shrader in positions that will accentuate the positives of his game.

I do think Del Rio-Wilson is the QB of the future, but right now they will put Shrader in a position to succeed. Given Anae's past offenses, this seems the most likely.
when lamson recovers i believe he is the qb of the future

when lamson recovers i believe he is the qb of the future
It's amazing a guy goes against the scrubs in a spring game with no real pressure, and he's the answer at QB.
I don't really care how he looked in a spring game. Until he gets into a real game against real opponents he is just another TD looks great in shorts in 7 on 7, but unable to produce under pressure.

respect GIF by Jaz Dhami

I really don’t have any suggestions… as I said, not part of my knowledge set. Just find it interesting. Much different that soccer practices I’m more familiar with where virtually everyone is involved continuously. Different sport, I know. Thanks for the response.

Interesting your comments on soccer ( don't want to derail either). When playing or coaching we always had things split up for a good bit of practice. Keepers would work on their own, middies and defenders had their own sessions too. We overlapped sometimes and scrimmaged a couple times a week but otherwise had small sided games. Anyways still more integration for sure granted there weren't so many different units that saw the field together as a whole as SUDAD noted so naturally you have more joint skill sessions.

Not what you want to hear but having those reps and seeing the results can be super useful to make sure we don’t call anything that directly brings up that situation and actually work to avoid it. This is the time for seeing what works and what doesn’t do they can plan accordingly.
He is trying to perfect his throws

It's amazing a guy goes against the scrubs in a spring game with no real pressure, and he's the answer at QB.
I don't really care how he looked in a spring game. Until he gets into a real game against real opponents he is just another TD looks great in shorts in 7 on 7, but unable to produce under pressure.
It's not just based on that at all

Poor Illinois fans, they probably think Tommy is going to lead them to 10 wins.

Yeah - I came away from the Spring game very impressed with Lamson. I don’t really care who was on the other side of the field. He executed, he can’t determine who’s over there.

Showed a lot of positive. But his time isn’t now. It’s nice to know he’s in the background for the future.

Yeah - I came away from the Spring game very impressed with Lamson. I don’t really care who was on the other side of the field. He executed, he can’t determine who’s over there.

Showed a lot of positive. But his time isn’t now. It’s nice to know he’s in the background for the future.

People should just be happy that he looked good, and that we brought in the Florida QB and have the former UVA commit coming too.

The next great QB is a time honored tradition as a Syracuse fan. Let's just hope we finally get more overall talent, they stay healthy, and may the best man win. And that the backups are just as capable.

Foster might make the 2-deep. He’s physical and makes plays. He looks confident and not intimidated. Love the little push off on GWilliams to get separation. He’s already shown he can high point the ball.

Reminds me a bit of Ishmael.

No idea if this group will be better than last year (I think they will), but their technique looks much improved. Johnson Anae and Beck have instilled some swagger to this group.

Foster might make the 2-deep. He’s physical and makes plays. He looks confident and not intimidated. Love the little push off on GWilliams to get separation. He’s already shown he can high point the ball.

Reminds me a bit of Ishmael.

No idea if this group will be better than last year (I think they will), but their technique looks much improved. Johnson Anae and Beck have instilled some swagger to this group.
Believe Hatcher had the push off against Williams, but agree that Foster has looked good in a short time. We have lots of solid options there. Unlike some others, WR is not on my list of worries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom