Preseason Camp Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

Not to be a downer. But, didn't they arrive in April? Pretty much Heaven on Earth time for Syracuse. Talk to me after their 1st Winter.;)
Well, Jason has lived in Denver and Provo, so cold won't be new to them. They probably haven't seen Syracuse volumes of snow, but if you pay for snow removal, like they likely do, that's not too bad. I bet their kids will love it. My disdain for snow didn't begin until adulthood.

Well, Jason has lived in Denver and Provo, so cold won't be new to them. They probably haven't seen Syracuse volumes of snow, but if you pay for snow removal, like they likely do, that's not too bad. I bet their kids will love it. My disdain for snow didn't begin until adulthood.
It's the humidity here in the winter that makes our "cold" worse than other "cold".

Any local drone efficienados willing to fly over practice field? To Ensley's windows?

I lived in California for 18 years. I'd take Syracuse over Los Angeles any day.
Beautiful.

Any users from the cultural hub of Hotlanta want to echo this sentiment?

It's the humidity here in the winter that makes our "cold" worse than other "cold".
What?
Unless you’re talking about humidity resulting in precipitation, I think you’re mistaken. Humidity is very low the colder it gets (assuming other factors remain relatively constant), especially (and particularly in this context of CNY winters) below “freezing.”

What?
Unless you’re talking about humidity resulting in precipitation, I think you’re mistaken. Humidity is very low the colder it gets (assuming other factors remain relatively constant), especially (and particularly in this context of CNY winters) below “freezing.”
Are you talking about absolute humidity or relative humidity?
European laden swallows or African? I don't know!! Ahhhh!!

Not to be a downer. But, didn't they arrive in April? Pretty much Heaven on Earth time for Syracuse. Talk to me after their 1st Winter.;)
debbie downer GIF

I never minded snow, I minded slush and salt on my windshield. Which reminds me, I watched the ACC network show on SU. The first thing some fat announcer asks a player is "how do you like the snow?
One inch in Atlanta and they are paralyzed for three days. Better to have a bunch of snow that is taken care than an inch that is not. Do you see Newhouse guys asking players in Florida "How is the humidity?" or "suffer a heat stroke yet?" How many people do you see hanging around in Florida now? They are mostly up north

DRW and Linton go after hours all the time. As does the LB group. G Williams does too. I think its common in the vets who know what it takes
Yeah, a couple of years ago the NCAA significantly limited football hours… so a number of vets often organize groups to work “after hours” across football.

Sure. My point is, it's not like they haven't experienced cold weather before. They're not life long southerners. Cold weather is the worst when you're forced to work in it. They won't have to worry about that. They can pay for snow removal and park their cars in the garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom