Preseason Camp Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

Come on. I'm doubting this is a nutritionist issue. And probably not a Linton effort issue either. I'm sure he's tried extremely hard to eat more and put on lbs. Some people have a hard time eating and/or have a hard time gaining weight even if they do eat a lot,, especially when they are young.
Some people have a hard time adding weight. For example, my sister and her husband had a HS friend who transitioned from TE to G for his senior college season and he had to add 50 lbs. He had to eat 4x a day with a coach or staff member present to make sure he got the calories he needed. It worked, because he had a lengthy NFL career. He visited them once and my sister made 2 whole pans of lasagna for dinner. One for him and one for everybody else (he finished his pan). He told them he didn't enjoy having to eat so much to keep the weight on, but it was part of his job.

There are professors at the university who teach nutrition and there is a major up to masters level. They could certainly begin there!
When you combine nutrition with neuroscience that is a great combination and there are neuroscience instructors up to the PHD level!

There are professors at the university who teach nutrition and there is a major up to masters level. They could certainly begin there!
When you combine nutrition with neuroscience that is a great combination and there are neuroscience instructors up to the PHD level!

There’s an athletic department nutritionist.

Why are we sure the program doesn’t like Linton at his current weight?

We want our guys fast and nimble on the front of the defense

I’m not saying I know either way, but, just a thought
It’s been stated by at least one board member that has had interactions with him discussing his desire to add some bulk.

We used to go up to Geneseo often on the weekends when I was going to RIT. They had an awesome pizza place there, cant remember the name of it though (back in early 90s)
Interesting. Most people visited to pick up girls. (Not sure on the pizza place.I was there early 80's. I was an Aunt Cookie's sub guy.)

You either got very lucky with a one off or NW is about the only one that has open practices. SU is pretty much in line with most every school.
The NW outdoor fields are located right next to lake Michigan. There is a beautiful walking path that follows the lake shore that goes past the two practice fields on one side. Its like we used to be able to watch SU outside from the roadside fence. The pathway is within 10 feet of the fence /fields and they leave it open. Anyone can go.
I watched the kickers and DLine groups for about 15 minutes before meeting my daughter. Beautiful location.

20220815_095456.jpg

I was on more of a liquid diet. If I was eating in a bar it was a vital burger when skipping an afternoon class, which happened more than it should have. If I remember right Augies was big for wings. IB Friday happy hour might have been the only time I had them in the bars.
I was at the Vitale Spot the day the owner closed the sale. He sold the bar, but not the inventory. Everything was on the house until it was gone. It was broke college student nirvana.

The NW outdoor fields are located right next to lake Michigan. There is a beautiful walking path that follows the lake shore that goes past the two practice fields on one side. Its like we used to be able to watch SU outside from the roadside fence. The pathway is within 10 feet of the fence /fields and they leave it open. Anyone can go.
I watched the kickers and DLine groups for about 15 minutes before meeting my daughter. Beautiful location.
Their facilities are top notch. I go and help set up/tear down a press box lighting rack every year for their season. They are supposed to be building a new stadium and retiring Ryan field pretty soon.

I have to admit...I’m less than enthusiastic with this list. Cruz not one of top 7 on OL? Hanna and Greenwood still showing up with all the moves we made to upgrade there? WR...will somebody PLEASE EMERGE!

Their facilities are top notch. I go and help set up/tear down a press box lighting rack every year for their season. They are supposed to be building a new stadium and retiring Ryan field pretty soon.
They are and what a setting over Lake Michigan with the Chicago Skyline in the distance. As i posted anyone can watch the practice its completely open.

I have to admit...I’m less than enthusiastic with this list. Cruz not one of top 7 on OL? Hanna and Greenwood still showing up with all the moves we made to upgrade there? WR...will somebody PLEASE EMERGE!

Yeah, not so sure this guy knows what he’s even talking about…

When Berg was out a couple days for an injury, Cruz slotted in with the 1s

Clark and Oliver have been mainly the 2s over Hanna Greenwood

Think this guys take is a little…….off?

I’m surprised this guy didn’t say Villari is about to be the starting QB even tho it’s been mainly Shrader taking all the snaps and DRW rotating in occasionally

There is also two weeks left of camp, more moves will be made in the following week.

Yeah, not so sure this guy knows what he’s even talking about…

When Berg was out a couple days for an injury, Cruz slotted in with the 1s

Clark and Oliver have been mainly the 2s over Hanna Greenwood

Think this guys take is a little…….off?

I’m surprised this guy didn’t say Villari is about to be the starting QB even tho it’s been mainly Shrader taking all the snaps and DRW rotating in occasionally

There is also two weeks left of camp, more moves will be made in the following week.
I think he forgot Cruz will most likely be 6th guy once Bergeron returns.
Everything I have heard is Barron and Hanna are splitting reps at Rover. Hanna will probably play in passing situations.

Seems a bit half-baked. Is Adams even a slot receiver? I would like to see him lined up out wide, and run a go route on every play. At least, force opposing D's to account for it.

If they start Jackson, Queeley and Cooper I will be disappointed and shocked.

Seems a bit half-baked. Is Adams even a slot receiver? I would like to see him lined up out wide, and run a go route on every play. At least, force opposing D's to account for it.
Nykiem Johnson made a nice living doing that from the slot in 2018 and Erv did in 2017

Interesting. Most people visited to pick up girls. (Not sure on the pizza place.I was there early 80's. I was an Aunt Cookie's sub guy.)
That was the main reason we were there, not pizza. RIT wasn't exactly overflowing with females back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom