Preseason Practice... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

Disappointed to hear Westry still not healthy and not practicing with the team. To be so young and not be able to heal after so long is very concerning. If he doesn't play again this year, it's time to move on.
He is most likely healthy and practicing!! Some guy posted the worst attempt at a joke ever saying he is not practicing at all. This is why stuff like that is so freaking stupid Giants1973. Now you have people thinking Chance is still hurt

He is most likely healthy and practicing!! Some guy posted the worst attempt at a joke ever saying he is not practicing at all. This is why stuff like that is so freaking stupid Giants1973. Now you have people thinking Chance is still hurt

In fairness there is not a single bit of tape with him practicing from the Cuse mbb socials including the most recent 5v5 where it was Chaz on the floor and no Westry ( no Donnie either to be fair).

That said there is not a word of him being re injured either minus this bad joke.

I hope you are right. It's been a long time, but If he can pick up from where he left off from high school, we have a real talent. He didn't get to show much his freshman year.

If we don't get much or anything from Westry or McLeod, is this a rotation to make us a tournament team? It appears that we have a strong roster of guys who can play, so 2 less players can make it less difficult to manage playing time, which is hard for even some of the best coaches.

Donnie Freeman
Chris Bell
JJ Starling
Kyle Cuffe
Eddie Lampkin
Jyare Davis
Petar Majstorovic
Elijah Moore
Jaquan Carlos
Lucas Taylor

Now it looks like Hopkins doesn’t believe you! What a world.

It's more like worse case scenario. I too have been looking the past 2 months to see Westry engaged in full court or any half court contact/play. I've held my tongue for not wanting to appear negative. So, joke or no joke, it's been a concern.
As long as you acknowledge that nothing has changed because of a dumb joke and that the staff has given no indication that he is unhealthy. Also there was literally footage of McLeod looking fit and ready to go in practice last week. There was a clip of him dunking on Petar M in transition a few days ago. No idea why you are acting like he will likely not play for us this year.

As long as you acknowledge that nothing has changed because of a dumb joke and that the staff has given no indication that he is unhealthy. Also there was literally footage of McLeod looking fit and ready to go in practice last week. There was a clip of him dunking on Petar M in transition a few days ago. No idea why you are acting like he will likely not play for us this year.
It's the boot comment. I didn't follow the thread close enough to determine if one or more of the posts were jokes. The season is about to start and injuries have stifled the team's potential over the years, so I didn't expect a poster to make jokes about guys being hurt.

Nope not practicing at all!!
Yikes. It’s crazy because there was talk of the possibility of bringing back Chance last winter as he healed but it seemed like Red and the staff didn’t want to risk it for a short term gain, so they all decided to hold off. And that was 9 months ago. I wonder if he has another setback. I feel terrible for the kid. Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom