Preseason Practice... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

I know that he isn't "with the team" but are we sure that Chance Westry is even at SU right now?

I like this idea. Feels Fran-like. Hope they keep this up.

FLJ and Fran have brought fresh energy to the Hill and it’s contagious. It’s tough when you have to change where tradition and the past dominates and that’s very much the reality with the hoops program. Having new ideas and energy with other sports I think can help Reds program establish its own identity( assuming he gets the job done with results to be around here a long time) that makes it about his program at SU vs the SU program he now leads.

I’m gonna take it as preemptive sign that since all the practice videos have come out and there has been no sign of “ 3 ball Eddie” - that the phenomenon was short lived.
It will not be a secret weapon if you let the cat out of the bag

I’m gonna take it as preemptive sign that since all the practice videos have come out and there has been no sign of “ 3 ball Eddie” - that the phenomenon was short lived.
There was actually some footage of him making a couple in some kind of 5v5 game in LA in the offseason, but I have no idea who was on the court with him. Form looked pretty good all things considered, but I doubt he fires it up in season unless it is extremely wide open and the clock is winding down.

It will not be a secret weapon if you let the cat out of the bag

Haha secret or not I’m sure if it happens the initial reaction of the defense will be

penguins madagascar GIF

I will be shaming people at the end of the season.
Shaming us for what?

I for one am an eternal (perhaps ridiculous) optimist when it comes to all my teams.

I am, for instance, optimistic that the Patriots will not only get the number one pick this season, but not blow it.

Being optimistic Syracuse basketball gets to the tournament and does some damage is low on my optimism scale.

Shaming us for what?

I for one am an eternal (perhaps ridiculous) optimist when it comes to all my teams.

I am, for instance, optimistic that the Patriots will not only get the number one pick this season, but not blow it.

Being optimistic Syracuse basketball gets to the tournament and does some damage is low on my optimism scale.
For anyone thinking Dry Rub was going to be a threat from 3 this season.

For anyone thinking Dry Rub was going to be a threat from 3 this season.
Oh, lol.

I remember using the Al Horford example.

It could happen. Weirder things have.

But most guys that "can't shoot" continue to "can't shoot." We all know Horford because he's the exception.

Lucas Taylor is the guy nobody is talking about.
Same with Davis. And Cuffe.
Lots of quality players on this roster.

To me, we're likely to be better than last year for 3 reasons:
  • More mature players than last year
  • More proven depth if anyone gets hurt
  • Enough talent that might really surprise - lots of guys with major upside
I could see 10 or 11 guys playing for a month or so until they start to sort themselves out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom