Preseason Practice... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

Seth Greenberg said today that Freeman could be 1st or 2nd team all ACC.

If that happens, we'll have a very good year.
I won't sound crazy for saying we could win 24+ if things go right.

Joke's on you, I have no shame.
Season 5 What GIF by The Office

I like Seth and think he's good but after doing Red's work last year I sort of take his Cuse commentary with a grain of salt.
All commentators have to be taken with a grain of salt. Greenberg could literally be walking around saying 30 guys "could be" ACC first or second team.

On the other hand, I don't feel like this is a Rothstein growing our players situation.

Greenberg was a long-time head coach in the ACC. You have to give a little more credence to his opinion than some guy/girl who woke up one day, started a sports blog and decided they are a journalist/scout.

Freeman was the 13th ranked recruit in the country. Let’s stop acting like he was some under the radar guy. It’s not out of the question he can make an all ACC team if he’s made strides in his development.

Yeah and his game and development have been on a rapid trajectory upward in the past 16 months so no reason he can’t adjust and improve quickly here and possibly has done so in camp already.

Yeah and his game and development have been on a rapid trajectory upward in the past 16 months so no reason he can’t adjust and improve quickly here and possibly has done so in camp already.
And I think Red will give him a little bit looser leash if he is as good as advertised. There are a lot of new guys that I can't wait to see, but only one of them is a projected 1st round pick.

That means going 11-0 in preseason and then winning 13 ACC games. Not likely.
Well, what would Freeman need to do to get 1st team all ACC? 18 and 8? 20 and 10, with a few assists, blocks and steals?

If he does that, we would be very good.

If Freeman gets 20/10/2/2:

We average 80 plus points. We win most rebounding battles. His interior defense, combined with efforts from McLeod, Lampkin and Bell would be extremely difficult to score against. Our the point shooters would be wide open. Etc.

Having a real star on your team makes everything so much easier for everybody else.

Of course, that would be his 110% projection... Nobody actually thinks he will do that.

Well, what would Freeman need to do to get 1st team all ACC? 18 and 8? 20 and 10, with a few assists, blocks and steals?

If he does that, we would be very good.

If Freeman gets 20/10/2/2:

We average 80 plus points. We win most rebounding battles. His interior defense, combined with efforts from McLeod, Lampkin and Bell would be extremely difficult to score against. Our the point shooters would be wide open. Etc.

Having a real star on your team makes everything so much easier for everybody else.

Of course, that would be his 110% projection... Nobody actually thinks he will do that.
Yeah, no other Freshman has done that other than Zion Williamson in the past 10+ years.

Yeah, no other Freshman has done that other than Zion Williamson in the past 10+ years.
Right... But the question I was answering is "How good would Freeman have to be to be 1st team All ACC and what would happen if he did?"

As I said, nobody is projecting him to do that... It's more of a"wildest dreams" type line.

Whew! The season can't start soon enough.

At least football doesn't suck this year.

Right... But the question I was answering is "How good would Freeman have to be to be 1st team All ACC and what would happen if he did?"

As I said, nobody is projecting him to do that... It's more of a"wildest dreams" type line.

Whew! The season can't start soon enough.

At least football doesn't suck this year.

Yeah...and actually looking at the teams in the past years, looks like Vernon Carey and Paolo both made first teams as Frosh with 17 and 8. So you were pretty dead on there. The 20/10 was more the Zion line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom