Programs with the Most tournament wins since 2010 | Syracusefan.com

Programs with the Most tournament wins since 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love ya Cherie but is there a stat for what schools haven't been in the top 25 during their conference schedule since 2014?

Everybody knows that since it’s been posted 236 times. But that’s not what the article was about that Cherie posted.

I love ya Cherie but is there a stat for what schools haven't been in the top 25 during their conference schedule since 2014?
“during their conference schedule” is just a tell. I don’t like the way the program is going any better than you do but the truth is they finished the 2021 season ranked in the top 25. I know it was the result of a little run at the end but that seems to be an important fact you are conveniently ignoring.

Huh? The topic was March Madness. Did this article published just yesterday that I didn’t write, offend you somehow? Shouldn’t I have posted a recent national publication that mentions Syracuse on supposedly an SU board? Strange, I don’t get it ( not my first nor last time either:))

I suppose it is not surprising how many times we have encountered these teams in the tournament since 2010 because they win a lot so you’re likely to run across them. Winning record against this group is not too bad.

We’ve beaten
Wisconsin 1x
Michigan State 1x
Gonzaga 2x

And lost to
Michigan 1x
Duke 1x
UNC 1x

Broken down

2010 1 seed 2 wins
2011 3 seed- 1 win
2012 1 seed- 3 wins
2013 4 seed 4 wins
2014 3 seed 1 win
—————————————-
2015 ineligible NCAA sanctions
2016 10 seed 4 wins
2017 no bid
2018 11 seed 3 wins
2019 8 seed 0 wins
2020 Covid-19 zero chance at an-large
2021 11 seed 2 wins.
2022 No bid Barring winning ACCT.
Before 2015 we could compete with the nation’s best since then we have become a plucky team that can win some NCAAT games.

The overall number needs this breakdown for context.
Hope and change not more of the same.

Last edited:
“during their conference schedule” is just a tell. I don’t like the way the program is going any better than you do but the truth is they finished the 2021 season ranked in the top 25. I know it was the result of a little run at the end but that seems to be an important fact you are conveniently ignoring.
It's just a fact. It cannot be disputed.

What other year did Wisconsin make the FF other than 2015?

I also kept scrolling after Kentucky (4 FF is impressive), and came to some Big East tidbits, most notably Georgetown 6-24 (0-19)!

What other year did Wisconsin make the FF other than 2015?

I also kept scrolling after Kentucky (4 FF is impressive), and came to some Big East tidbits, most notably Georgetown 6-24 (0-19)!
2014 and 2015 Wisconsin beat Arizona in the elite 8 and in 2014 Final Four lost at the end to Devin Booker Kentucky.
They beat undefeated Kentucky the next year at the Final Four.

I'm not ignoring it at all. I believe I wrote during the conference season. That is why I wrote that. Any other stat you want to throw out there, be my guest. But to not be ranked during a regular season conference game in 8 years is appalling in my opinion.

When you keep doing something successfully over and over again, defining it as a fluke, miracle, improbable, lucky or unlikely is just dishonest. And lol at the truth squad jumping on this post to negate it.

When you keep doing something successfully over and over again, defining it as a fluke, miracle, improbable, lucky or unlikely is just dishonest. And lol at the truth squad jumping on this post to negate it.
UConn has 3 losing seasons and 2 NCs during that timeframe.
12 NCAA tournament wins total during that time.

Context matters. They have titles for their wins.

Going to the sweet sixteen is nice.
Winning the whole thing is the goal.
Would I rather be a UConn fan or Gonzaga fan the last 10 years?
UConn have sucked more but have more titles.
Gonzaga are winning more postseason games but aren’t getting the titles.

Obviously we want both regular season and postseason wins.
The narrative to defend JIm Boeheim doesn’t acknowledge the obvious problems around the program.
The only time agendas get brought up are if people are alleging they are against JB. Their are also agendas pro-JB that don’t get the same attention. He isn’t bigger than the program. All good things have to come to an end.

Syracuse wins during the tournament because the officiating is fair during the tournament.

2012 Ohio State was the worst officiated game in Syracuse Basketball history but carry on.
The NCAA out a hit in that game to deny Syracuse after they tried to destroy the program with their "investigation" and failed. That was the exception that proves the rule.

the last 5 minutes of the Michigan final four game says hi
Hey, you guys are catching on. The B1G has been trying to destroy Syracuse since the BigEast became a power, led by the Orange. Generally the ref crews are put together by the NCAA and don't have a bias toward any conference.

The NCAA out a hit in that game to deny Syracuse after they tried to destroy the program with their "investigation" and failed. That was the exception that proves the rule.
Cous buddy we have done well in the postseason recently because of the zone.

The zone is a weapon. When we have the perssonel it works.
It’s not a coincidence we have lost to UNC, Duke, Michigan(Beilein) in our runs recently teams familiar with the zone.
2021 was all Buddy. He was red hot against West Virginia. The zone destroyed San Diego State.

Again if you get JB the pieces his zone works. Problem is we haven’t gotten those pieces anymore and recruiting is the lifeblood of a program.

Give JB the talent Duke/K has had I have said he would go further in the tournament than Duke has. JB is better with talent than a LOT of coaches.

The narrative to defend JIm Boeheim doesn’t acknowledge the obvious problems around the program.
BS. That's your myopic take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, you guys are catching on. The B1G has been trying to destroy Syracuse since the BigEast became a power, led by the Orange. Generally the ref crews are put together by the NCAA and don't have a bias toward any conference.
The Big Ten has been trying to destroy the ACC. The ACC destroyed the Big East.

Go watch the 2015 title game between Wisconsin and Duke.
The refs won Duke the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors