Class of 2024 - QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Andy Bass (OK) Verbal to Oklahoma

Except kid is not a long time resident of OK, may or not be his dream school and basically being offered as a PWO. We are offering a scholarship, so he should think long and hard where his best chance to play a significant role is. Also what would be his best fit academically(major et al).
Sounds to me, we really want him and OK is just offering because he is in their recruiting footprint.
He has more to consider than it appears at first glance.
Hopefully it seems he is an intelligent young man, and considers his Education first. Then consider where he has a better chance to play.
At Oklahoma he is just another recruit, here he actually has a chance to be a productive player during his 4 years.

Hopefully it seems he is an intelligent young man, and considers his Education first. Then consider where he has a better chance to play.
At Oklahoma he is just another recruit, here he actually has a chance to be a productive player during his 4 years.
YES. And it would be a shame to waste that 4.37 sitting on pine. He could be very productive in many sets with us.

Last edited:
If he was ALL that they would be scholarship offers. No spin zone. Throwing the school a bone or NIL money footing the bill. Only 36k? Anyone with a brain would want the full ride and the NIL money in their pocket.

Last edited:
Except kid is not a long time resident of OK, may or not be his dream school and basically being offered as a PWO. We are offering a scholarship, so he should think long and hard where his best chance to play a significant role is. Also what would be his best fit academically(major et al).
Sounds to me, we really want him and OK is just offering because he is in their recruiting footprint.
He has more to consider than it appears at first glance.
I think he has thought long and hard and is going to Oklahoma.

It's cool. I was just stating my opinion. Plus, OU is his hometown team and has multiple analyst predictions in its favor. Additionally, not too long ago, I noticed that Andy on Twitter unfollowed the site I run, and it appears he doesn't follow any Syracuse-related folks any longer. Just an observation :)
Your observation is dead on. He isn’t that into SU, we made his final 3 because we are a P5 offer(not PWO). He is going to OU and I don’t say that with anything but disappointment

Said this 2 weeks ago and got hate. Can’t say anything that isn’t pro syracuse, prepare for the hate and snark replies.
Is people having different opinions hate?
Not much of a stretch to cast doubt. Numerically it’s 33% and probably less based on where he’s from.

Is people having different opinions hate?
Not much of a stretch to cast doubt. Numerically it’s 33% and probably less based on where he’s from.
When the replies are snarky, yes it can be considered hate. Especially when one of the people that replied to me got about 10+ likes and his response was factually wrong, but since it was pro Syracuse people eat it up. Also just because we’re in his top 3 doesn’t literally give us a 33% chance, that would imply he has to consider us, which he does not. Kids add teams to their final lists all the time just to boost the suspense and boost the list in general. I promise you this kid does not have interest in playing for Syracuse. He did at one point, but not anymore.

When the replies are snarky, yes it can be considered hate. Especially when one of the people that replied to me got about 10+ likes and his response was factually wrong, but since it was pro Syracuse people eat it up. Also just because we’re in his top 3 doesn’t literally give us a 33% chance, that would imply he has to consider us, which he does not. Kids add teams to their final lists all the time just to boost the suspense and boost the list in general. I promise you this kid does not have interest in playing for Syracuse. He did at one point, but not anymore.
Not by people who understand the term. A disagreement of opinion, snarky or not, is not hate, by definition.

Attachments

• IMG_2434.png
    IMG_2434.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 48
Not by people who understand the term. A disagreement of opinion, snarky or not, is not hate, by definition.
It’s indirect. Snarky is a form of mocking and mocking can be a form of… hate. And before this turns into an English lesson I’d like to say I quite literally do not care.

It’s indirect. Snarky is a form of mocking and mocking can be a form of… hate. And before this turns into an English lesson I’d like to say I quite literally do not care.

For somebody who “quite literally do not care”,
you sure are posting an awful lot about it. ;)

If you “quite literally do not care”, you wouldn’t even be reading this thread, much less incessantly replying to it.

Quite literally.

For somebody who “quite literally do not care”,
you sure are posting an awful lot about it. ;)

If you “quite literally do not care”, you wouldn’t even be reading this thread, much less incessantly replying to it.

Quite literally.
I don’t care about what he said, I do care about recruiting.

100% correct

Yeah it isn’t even anti-Syracuse, just a local kid going to his dream in-state school, apparently with his education covered via NIL instead of a scholarship. Hope we are wrong of course, but I don’t think we are
Wouldn't he need to pay income tax on NIL? If that is his dream school and he grew up a big fan I hope he lives his dream. Not many people get a chance to do that at his age.

Wouldn't he need to pay income tax on NIL? If that is his dream school and he grew up a big fan I hope he lives his dream. Not many people get a chance to do that at his age.
I think he would, yes. I guess he and his family can cover it.

You can call it that, or consider it that, but it doesn’t fit the definition of hate. That term has been appropriated and twisted in order to allow those using it in that manner to be dismissive of others thoughts and ideas and therefore they don’t need to engage in debate about issues for which there are legitimate differences of opinion.
Even if someone were to say your idea is stupid, it doesn’t mean they hate you.

YES. And it would be a shame to waste that 4.37 sitting on pine. He could be very productive in many sets with us.
I think that's why we keep an eye out for him. If he goes somewhere as a PWO and gets forgotten, and his NIL "scholarship" dries up, we need to pounce on him in the portal.

You can call it that, or consider it that, but it doesn’t fit the definition of hate. That term has been appropriated and twisted in order to allow those using it in that manner to be dismissive of others thoughts and ideas and therefore they don’t need to engage in debate about issues for which there are legitimate differences of opinion.
Even if someone were to say your idea is stupid, it doesn’t mean they hate you.
I hate you both for making me read 2 pages of this!
Take your butt hurt to the off topic page ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom