Class of 2024 - QB Brendan Zurbrugg (OH) Flipped to Oklahoma | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Brendan Zurbrugg (OH) Flipped to Oklahoma

Damn, damn, damn.

I was SO excited about Zurbrugg. Think we might have shot ourselves in the foot taking the kid from Georgia.

Really thought this QB had the tools to be a stud in our system.
Yeah, I also recognize that I think Williams is more of a threat on the ground

Not really. I hoped to be the @1 qb in this class and we turn around and get a 4 star days later. Good luck to him. Also good news for him, the other site just gave him 5 stars.
You would’ve thought it would’ve been communicated to him we’d be taking another QB considering we all know we were looking to take 2.

May have been a combo of Williams committing and also deciding he wanted to stay in the Midwest. Either way, best to the kid and let’s see what Dino and Beck do from here. Portal QB is a must

Agreed. I'm good with the 1 HS QB, if we land a portal transfer in the vein of the kids we've brought in the last three offseasons.

He wanted to stay closer to home

Makes sense, because Chicago is "midwest" -- but doesn't really map out. Syracuse is about ~290 miles from Alliance, Ohio -- while Chicago is closer to 390.

Tough to fault a kid for wanting to go to Northwestern, though. He's a great fit for their system [and would have been a great fit here, too]. And even if it doesn't connect for him on the football field, Northwestern is a great life choice.

Oh well...

Makes sense, because Chicago is "midwest" -- but doesn't really map out. Syracuse is about ~290 miles from Alliance, Ohio -- while Chicago is closer to 390.

Tough to fault a kid for wanting to go to Northwestern, though. He's a great fit for their system [and would have been a great fit here, too].

Oh well...
Maybe because more games are closer to his home?

Tough to fault a kid for wanting to go to Northwestern, though. He's a great fit for their system [and would have been a great fit here, too]. And even if it doesn't connect on the football field, Northwestern is a great life choice.

Oh well...
Good point, well thats not closer.

Maybe because more games are closer to his home?

Maybe, that could certainly be the case [versus just straight distance]. OSU, Indiana, Purdue, etc. compared to the ACC.

Then why commit here about a week ago after you already had a Northwestern offer?

He was quite effusive with his praise about Syracuse after last week, even after garnering the Northwestern offer. Sorry that it didn't hold up, Zurbrugg looks like he has all the tools to be a stud P5 QB.

But no grudges -- wish him the best, and time to move on. Plenty to be excited about with what we've got brewing with our class of 2024.

I wonder if the "fear of the portal" taking spots away some HS kids will commit too quickly. Then they experience buyers remorse which will lead to a flip.
Interesting thought and it makes sense, it’s so easy to fill roster spots these days with the portal, I could definitely see that thought speeding up a commitment before it’s ever really solidified.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom