Class of 2018 - QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Cade Fortin (GA) Committed to USF

My guess: It’s warm, closer to home and he’ll likely play right away.
Yep. I was skeptical about him coming here for that reason. However, didn't expect it to be USF.
1576624353207.gif

We have no clue how good Summers is. Maybe he will be better in year 2 and get some action.

This kid wasn’t coming here to be a backup. If he came here DeVito could have been broken.
We need a freshman recruit who can develop and see PT in the future.

If Devito is that mentally fragile he shouldn't be the starting QB.

We have no clue how good Summers is. Maybe he will be better in year 2 and get some action.

This kid wasn’t coming here to be a backup. If he came here DeVito could have been broken.

Summers never suited up to play last season. Sure, he was probably never going to play as a redshirt. But I have limited confidence that he will be a serviceable backup next season. His workouts last summer were not favorable. It’s Culpepper or bust.

My guess: It’s warm, closer to home and he’ll likely play right away.

Makes a ton of sense really. If he ends up tearing it up at USF he’ll get attention at the next level. Zero clue if he will but I’m sure he’s looking at that aspect and how that goes with him being possibly told he would be the starter

I’m not sure what Dino has as a backup plan. But Culpepper and Summers won’t cut it as backups. I’ll hold off until this plays out, but the one position where you figured Dino might excel at as a recruiter may ultimately be his downfall. I’m also wondering how we continue to recruit quality receivers with a thin QB group and a bad offensive line.

It's amazing and honestly classic SU that a guy who has a good to great reputation as an offensive guy and whose offenses have put up a ton of points and yards here (save for this season mostly) has struggled beyond belief to recruit a QB outside of Tommy. WR was also an issue but we have done a real nice job closing down on a couple of high end guys this season. I mean you would get defense or even the OL but for QB to be this big a struggle is mind boggling. Its like the Center position for the basketball team or attack for the Lax squad, we just can't get over that hump.

Summers never suited up to play last season. Sure, he was probably never going to play as a redshirt. But I have limited confidence that he will be a serviceable backup next season. His workouts last summer were not favorable. It’s Culpepper or bust.

Scary, staff has to bring in somebody.

If Devito is that mentally fragile he shouldn't be the starting QB.
Disagree.
You don’t bring in a JC QB expecting to start. Unless you want him to play over DeVito.
I would be pissed if I were TD.
Bring in a FR who can potentially RS and wait unless he beats me during camp.
The type of recruit Fortin was wants to be a starter right away.

Disagree.
You don’t bring in a JC QB expecting to start. Unless you want him to play over DeVito.
I would be pissed if I were TD.
Bring in a FR who can potentially RS and wait unless he beats me during camp.
The type of recruit Fortin was wants to be a starter right away.

Again you look at yourself and take on the challenge of being better. If you are scared of something like competition in the film room and at practice then maybe that's why the coaches are looking elsewhere.

Summers will show what he has this offseason and spring practice.
I am going to give all last year a pass as a developmental year.
He was a Maryland commit so he has talent before he flipped him.
I think he can develop into a backup option. If not he should move on now and free up the scholarship.

We need a QB who can play and if he can beat out TD fine, but we sure need one.

Not sure why anyone doesn't want competition and is so sure TD is "entrenched" as the starter and nobody should challenge him in fear of hurting TD's feelings.

Explains Joey Yellin
OH yes please get this kid. He can and will take over for TD and probably beat him out next year unless TD improves in a few areas. They need to push hard on this kid. He will have to sit a year tho, oh , just get him first.

Last edited:
Anthony Brown is still floating around

Jack Ellison and Feleipe Franks

We need a QB who can play and if he can beat out TD fine, but we sure need one.
I agree we need a QB find a QB committed to a MAC or Northeast team and just flip one now.
That is what I would be doing if I was recruiting. We need a FBS QB in this class for depth.