Class of 2019 - QB David Summers (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB David Summers (CT) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

So who's back at QB, Hill? Looks like he was injured last year. You have Desue on roster, but no incoming QB's that I can find on the numerical recruiting site unless there's a JUCO or GT. Is there another QB (direction) I'm missing?

Looks like they’re going after four star dual threat QB Lance Lagendre.

Good luck!

Exactly. A variation.

Personally, I think Summers could run that offense but Locks prefers those big armed, super mobile QBs.

Like I said, Summers is going to fit in really well with you guys.
Those guys are hard to find. Good luck in that quest.

Congrats on getting Sam. I wish our coaches wanted him. He is going to be a good one.

Looks like they’re going after four star dual threat QB Lance Lagendre.

Good luck!
Yup, lots of completion from much much better programs for Lance. This is why Locksley was such.a disaster his first time around as.a HC. Maybe he will learn on the job that recruiting for Bama isn’t the same as recruiting for the Terps.

What’s Lockskey going to run? Some variation of Bama from last year?
Knowing Locksley the way I do, the base set is known as a dumpster fire 11, with a PAOYTOFO.

That stands for piss all over yourself trip over feet option.

You know, gotta keep the defense guessing.

Yup, lots of completion from much much better programs for Lance. This is why Locksley was such.a disaster his first time around as.a HC. Maybe he will learn on the job that recruiting for Bama isn’t the same as recruiting for the Terps.

TBF he was able to convince talent to play for Randy Edsall. If he can sell THAT he can sell anything.

The only thing with him that’s a question mark is literally every other aspect of coaching a Power Five program.

Connecticut player of the year
Nuf said

For smaller schools or something.

Greenwich QB with offers from Bucknell and Fordham won it as they were #1 in the state overall.

I trust Tommy’s QB coach and Dino. Good late pickup.

Not trying to be controversial...but why trust Tommy’s QB coach? Not sure he’s really done anything (yet) to be anointed as a no-brainer judge. He’s getting paid to promote; hasn’t cashed a check from an NFL protege correct?

Not trying to be controversial...but why trust Tommy’s QB coach? Not sure he’s really done anything (yet) to be anointed as a no-brainer judge. He’s getting paid to promote; hasn’t cashed a check from an NFL protege correct?
I'm sure proper due diligence was done- I mean, they simply didn't take the guy's word for it and offered, no? If there's one thing this staff has proven, its that they know how to identify talent.
All faith in HCDB- this kid looks great!

I'm sure proper due diligence was done- I mean, they simply didn't take the guy's word for it and offered, no? If there's one thing this staff has proven, its that they know how to identify talent.
All faith in HCDB- this kid looks great!

No coaching staff is infallible, even Dino and his staff will have misses. Amie may end up being successful wherever he goes but the fact that he left, that’s a miss. Devin Butler was a miss. It happens and it’s going to happen.

This staff has a pretty good track record of getting value out of their scholarships, and for that matter even preferred walk-on spots. They’ve earned the benefit of the doubt, even if Summers tape didn’t look as good as it does.

This is such a huge pickup this late in the cycle. Can't be overstated. This is the kind of kid who could stick for a few years in a backup role. Provide quality depth and potentially blossom. Huge get.

Realize I’m late to the party here, but I’ve seen this kid live a couple times and IMO he’s an outstanding get.

Tall pocket passer who has well above-average capability to keep plays alive with his legs. Cool, composed, can make all the throws.

On the Connecticut turf, I’ve also seen the Greenwich kid Muir and Pyne from New Canaan (ND commit), and I like Summers among the three.

Love this pickup.

Connecticut player of the year
Nuf said

LOL. Real recruiting hotbed. I'm not sure what CT POY award he won but it wasn't the Gatorade one and the kid that won it last year isn't even playing D1, so might want to slow down on using that as your sole argument.

LOL. Real recruiting hotbed. I'm not sure what CT POY award he won but it wasn't the Gatorade one and the kid that won it last year isn't even playing D1, so might want to slow down on using that as your sole argument.

Don’t get carried away with the Gatorade award. It also factors in academics, community service, etc, and in Connecticut at least, it rarely goes to the state’s best player or college prospect.

Don’t get carried away with the Gatorade award. It also factors in academics, community service, etc, and in Connecticut at least, it rarely goes to the state’s best player or college prospect.

It certainly was correct this year with Cornelius Johnson.

CT puts out a decent amount of prospects. I can understand if he was RI PoY or VT or some other obscure state but CT definitely isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Especially the league he plays in.

CT puts out a decent amount of prospects. I can understand if he was RI PoY or VT or some other obscure state but CT definitely isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Especially the league he plays in.

Connecticut usually has a pretty strong top end. This years top 8 kids are headed to in order:

Clemson
Michigan
Penn State
Penn State
Michigan
Boston Collge
Michigan
Syracuse

It's fine, they usually have about a dozen or so D1 kids, certainly better than NY but I found that specific quote to be pretty funny/absurd considering he wasn't the overall state POY.

Filler. Full court press for 2020.

I'd say this is a little higher level than "filler". But ultimately, I agree. Focus is and likely always has been on a stud for the 2020 class.

Filler. Full court press for 2020.

This staff is past the "filler" phase of their roster rehabilitation. They're constantly trying to improve the talent at each position from here on out. Sure, they missed out on a few higher QB's on their board, but they're not offering schollies to kids who they don't think have potential. Just my 2 cents.