Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

Good for him. I wonder if Syracuse told him commit before you leave or lose your offer? If they did and he went all in on getting a better offer down the line, wow, that was a bold move...

that was my guess as well. take it or leave it.

we will see, we can certainly take another QB, the question is whether they try to get a JUCO/grad transfer (JUCO seems more likely, since TD is entrenched as our starter) or do they take Dillon too if he wants to commit. the Crystal Ball changing to a question mark makes sense, since it's a question mark now, but not necessary the end of Dillon and SU

Boise State just Offered a little while ago.

11:19 AM · Jan 27, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I don't think Boise is it. Wait and see if one of the Texas schools offer, like Baylor. That will be his choice.

Baylor QB coach is following him now on Twitter. if they offer, he gone.

Good for the kid. He did whatever he needed to to get attention/offer(s) from a place he realistically wanted to go. Looks like that will be either Boise or maybe even Baylor/TCU.

I hope Syracuse purchased and isn’t renting the bridesmaid dress it constantly seems to need.

Good for the kid. He did whatever he needed to to get attention/offer(s) from a place he realistically wanted to go. Looks like that will be either Boise or maybe even Baylor/TCU.

I hope Syracuse purchased and isn’t renting the bridesmaid dress it constantly seems to need.
And we know what happens when you are always the bridesmaid...

1580146260080.png

As long as HCDB guarantees TD the starting job out there, It will be difficult this late in the game. These kids all they want is a chance to compete and vie for the starting job. That isn't going to happen here.

As long as HCDB guarantees TD the starting job out there, It will be difficult this late in the game. These kids all they want is a chance to compete and vie for the starting job. That isn't going to happen here.
I 100% sure Dino has never guaranteed TD the starting job.
I'm going to double down and say Dino has NEVER guaranteed ANYONE the starting job.

This kid will get a chance to compete. But he literally had no D1 offers until this week. He's not starting as a true frosh.

If he doesn't come here it's because a Texas school offered him a D1 spot, not because Tommy is "guaranteed" the starting job, which isn't accurate.

This kid will get a chance to compete. But he literally had no D1 offers until this week. He's not starting as a true frosh.

If he doesn't come here it's because a Texas school offered him a D1 spot, not because Tommy is "guaranteed" the starting job, which isn't accurate.
I was not pertaining to just this kid, it was some others that we have offered.

I have never once heard HCDB guarantee that TD will be the starting QB. (Other than in-season, game week comments.) Yet I have seen that comment here several times. Can you provide a link?

I have never once heard HCDB guarantee that TD will be the starting QB. (Other than in-season, game week comments.) Yet I have seen that comment here several times. Can you provide a link?
There are just certain things that are what they are without going to court and proving it.

There are just certain things that are what they are without going to court and proving it.
Ah. Fair enough. Then what it is to me is I don’t think he’s said it. And that’s the way it is.
Is it a fair assumption that TD will be the starter going forward? Absolutely. He has 3 years in the system, one as a starter.

Did Dino ever say TD is guaranteed the starting job until he graduates (or next year for that matter)? No. No coach in his right mind would say that.

Is it a fair assumption that TD will be the starter going forward? Absolutely. He has 3 years in the system, one as a starter.

Did Dino ever say TD is guaranteed the starting job until he graduates (or next year for that matter)? No. No coach in his right mind would say that.
Only to the one getting the guarantee. ;) Do you think he is guarantee the starting job?

Only to the one getting the guarantee. ;) Do you think he is guarantee the starting job?
No. Is it extremely likely TD is the starter? Definitely. But if someone beats him out, someone beats him out.

Coaches are very selfish people. Coaches who play favorites and don't play the best player don't last very long.

I don't think Dino is one of those coaches.

No. Is it extremely likely TD is the starter? Definitely. But if someone beats him out, someone beats him out.

Coaches are very selfish people. Coaches who play favorites and don't play the best player don't last very long.

I don't think Dino is one of those coaches.

Yet at the same time, we haven’t tried to recruit over him with all of the transfers that were in the portal. If anything we’ve been trying to recruit under him. So I don’t think he has a guarantee, per say, but not recruiting guys that may be better than him and can play immediately is doing the same thing.

Yet at the same time, we haven’t tried to recruit over him with all of the transfers that were in the portal. If anything we’ve been trying to recruit under him. So I don’t think he has a guarantee, per say, but not recruiting guys that may be better than him and can play immediately is doing the same thing.
So, you're saying HCDB is purposely trying not to recruit a better QB than TD to replace him in the future? Seriously? You must think Dino is an idiot.