Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

Was skeptical of his offer list, but really like his video and hard to argue with his stats. Not going to lie-Also like the Boise offer. Nice way to celebrate my 6,000th post.

Last edited:
Like this kid's tape more than Morgan, think he flashes a lot of ability. Still concerned about the lack of offers for a kid in Texas, but I'm happy we landed him and didn't get pipped late by Baylor.

Glad we're going to end up with two QBs this class, and hopefully we can land our white whale in 2021.

Like this kid's tape more than Morgan, think he flashes a lot of ability. Still concerned about the lack of offers for a kid in Texas, but I'm happy we landed him and didn't get pipped late by Baylor.

Glad we're going to end up with two QBs this class, and hopefully we can land our white whale in 2021.
Vi... uh, Vew... uhm, the Canadian?

Gilbert shows up and we get 2 QBs. Under the radar QBs to be sure but he just got here, so high hopes going forward. Welcome Dillon!!

Not that it matters but Morgan wasn’t Gilbert’s.

Guess he wasn't afraid of the "guaranteed starting job"...
Its a far cry from our Plan A list and maybe Plan B too...but at this point we'll take them.

Is his brother good enough to where we would want to flip him? It is certainly a position of need.

So we got like a week before someone can swoop in like an eagle and flip him...

Hopefully he sticks but i think hes up in the air still.

I'm far from a talent scout, but I don't get it. This kid has it all it seems from the video. Great size, has a strong arm, puts the deep ball on the money, accurate on the short passes, can move in the pocket and buy time, can throw on the run, and has very good footwork. His footwork is much better than the NJ kid that many liked. The only thing I can figure from reading that one comment about the air raid and reading defenses is maybe teams don't think he has the mental makeup to be a D1 QB. Its not like we are loaded with QB's, so I would take this kid in a heartbeat and let it roll. Definitely worth a shot if we can convince him to head north.

I agree. He looked pretty good to me on that film, too. Compared to our other signee, he was more mobile, more elusive, extended plays and seemed to make all the throws. Hey, Terry Bradshaw may not have had the best grades either, but I'd sure take him on my team.

Yeah, makes zero sense to me as well.

Maybe he acted like a jerk on his visit with his brother.
I mean, he looks like a pretty good player, but sometimes kids act up or they just don't fit in. Maybe he was jealous of his brother's attention and offer. Who knows? Of course that's all just 100% speculation, but who knows what can happen on a recruiting visit? I'm very happy to take him.

Last edited:
We really needed to take 2 QBs in this class. Glad we were able to get it done.

Both of them have the size and raw ability to be good QBs some day. It comes down to hard work and study in the film room for both of them.

Going to guess Dillion and Garrison are the first of many Texans on the roster in coming years.

markiewicz.jpg

Probably just mean but he looks a little like Kurt Russell