Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

So, you're saying HCDB is purposely trying not to recruit a better QB than TD to replace him in the future? Seriously? You must think Dino is an idiot.

Take all the QB’s that were available in the last 3-4 months. What % of those did we pursue that would have provide any legitimate level of competition to DeVito? Almost none.

Someone else can infer the reasoning but there were a lot of QB’s just in the transfer portal that we didn’t even seem to reach out to. Instead we’re charging hard for players that are projects.

And I didn’t say we weren’t trying to recruit better QB’s in the future. I said we aren’t trying to recruit players to compete with TD right NOW.

Take all the QB’s that were available in the last 3-4 months. What % of those did we pursue that would have provide any legitimate level of competition to DeVito? Almost none.

Someone else can infer the reasoning but there were a lot of QB’s just in the transfer portal that we didn’t even seem to reach out to. Instead we’re charging hard for players that are projects.

And I didn’t say we weren’t trying to recruit better QB’s in the future. I said we aren’t trying to recruit players to compete with TD right NOW.
We didn't SEEM to reach out. Hmmm...

If we are recruiting NOW, they are quarterbacks for the FUTURE.
1580167641523.gif

After this year, TD has one more year. Let's see who we land.

Um Fortin? He would have had a chance to play quickly.

I mean, theoretically, TD is going pro after this season according to...well anyway...so I doubt we are purposely recruiting under him. We just haven’t had a guy that could land good QBs.

Tommy isn’t guaranteed the start but he’s deeply entrenched.

Any good qb out of high school isnt afraid to come and try to beat someone else because they think they are the next best thing and can beat anyone and want to prove it. The reason QBs aren’t coming to Cuse is not TD.

Its on the staff, hopefully this changes with the new OC

I mean, theoretically, TD is going pro after this season according to...well anyway...so I doubt we are purposely recruiting under him. We just haven’t had a guy that could land good QBs.

Tommy isn’t guaranteed the start but he’s deeply entrenched.

Any good qb out of high school isnt afraid to come and try to beat someone else because they think they are the next best thing and can beat anyone and want to prove it. The reason QBs aren’t coming to Cuse is not TD.

Its on the staff, hopefully this changes with the new OC

it is no coincidence that when Lewis left, things went downhill fast with QB recruiting. optimistic that Gilbert can rectify that. also would help if we cast a wider net, no more eggs in one basket as your Plan A with no clear Plan B